Options

No Lebanese casualties

2»

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    El Kabong is a Doberman, and Isreal is his favorite chew toy. Don't expect a miracle here.

how so? there's plenty of ppl who reply to israeli threads far more than me...in fact, before wed i stayed out of the majority of israeli threads
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    beetlebeetle Posts: 39
    I know. They refuse to admit that number 1, Israel is the aggressor and number 2, they are killing at a much larger ratio...much larger.

in respsonse to your 1st point, maybe i'm lost, but was it not hezbollah that attacked an israeli tank killing 8 israeli soldiers and kidnapping 2 that started the latest conflict in the north? therefore how is israel the aggressor?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

8-23-00,8-24-00,4-30-03,7-08-03,7-09-03,7-11-03,9-28-04,9-29-04,10-1-04,5-13-06,5-27-06,6-01-06,6-03-06
  • Options
    beetle wrote:

in respsonse to your 1st point, maybe i'm lost, but was it not hezbollah that attacked an israeli tank killing 8 israeli soldiers and kidnapping 2 that started the latest conflict in the north? therefore how is israel the aggressor?

There have been conflicting reports about how it all sparked...but that's not my point. The overall record of violence is overwhelmingly showing israel to be the provoking party. I don't want to have to take sides but when they are been painted as the same and equally at fault, I feel it should be stated and not looked over that that clearly isn't the case.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    beetlebeetle Posts: 39
    There have been conflicting reports about how it all sparked...but that's not my point. The overall record of violence is overwhelmingly showing israel to be the provoking party. I don't want to have to take sides but when they are been painted as the same and equally at fault, I feel it should be stated and not looked over that that clearly isn't the case.

fact-israel withdrew from gaza literally taking there own people from their homes in order to show they are for peace.
    fact- hammas kidnaps an israeli soldier
    fact-israel withdrew from the lebonese border 6yrs ago and last week hezbollah attacks an israeli tank killing 8 and kidnapping 2
    conflicting reports???
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

8-23-00,8-24-00,4-30-03,7-08-03,7-09-03,7-11-03,9-28-04,9-29-04,10-1-04,5-13-06,5-27-06,6-01-06,6-03-06
  • Options
    ScubascottScubascott Posts: 815
    The pro-Israeli bias in the media seems to be mostly an American phenomenon. SBS news here in Australia is EXTREMELY anti-Israel. They try very hard to paint a picture of Israel as the agressors, and the arabs as the innocent victims. The american-owned networks like channel 10 are much more pro-Israel. You can get a kind of balanced story by flicking backwards and forwards between the channels.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Options
    beetle wrote:
    fact-israel withdrew from gaza literally taking there own people from their homes in order to show they are for peace.
    fact- hammas kidnaps an israeli soldier
    fact-israel withdrew from the lebonese border 6yrs ago and last week hezbollah attacks an israeli tank killing 8 and kidnapping 2
    conflicting reports???

http://www.countercurrents.org/pa-shaoul110905.htm
    Gaza Pullout Paves Way For Further West Bank Land Grab

news from this site says the two soliders were captured after the soliders entered Lebanon to look for the kidnapped solider taken a couple of weeks ago...
    http://www.linktv.org/mosaic/streamsArchive/

israel has broken numerous UN resolutions. they also hold prisoners w/o trial, use humanshields, fire on ambulances, fire at reporters (they shot at a fox news correspondent just the other day), they fire on ppl just for holding a memorial and then shoot them w/ tear gas, then there's the problem of their collective punishment as reported here:
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/dailyUpdate.html
    Are Israel's actions in Gaza 'war crimes'?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    http://www.countercurrents.org/pa-shaoul110905.htm
    Gaza Pullout Paves Way For Further West Bank Land Grab

news from this site says the two soliders were captured after the soliders entered Lebanon to look for the kidnapped solider taken a couple of weeks ago...
    http://www.linktv.org/mosaic/streamsArchive/

israel has broken numerous UN resolutions. they also hold prisoners w/o trial, use humanshields, fire on ambulances, fire at reporters (they shot at a fox news correspondent just the other day), they fire on ppl just for holding a memorial and then shoot them w/ tear gas, then there's the problem of their collective punishment as reported here:
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/dailyUpdate.html
    Are Israel's actions in Gaza 'war crimes'?

And once again you are mixing it all up.

Lebanon: the 2 soliders (goldwasser & regev) were in regular patrol routine along the Israeli board line (the Israeli side). This is a *fact*, I'm not sure why we are still talking about it 6 days after it all started.

Gaza: Gilad Shalit was kidnapped in a well planed operation of Hamas people. They actually diged a long tunnel all the way to Israeli IDF position in a place called Kerem Shalom in order to hurt Israeli soliders. This event took place about 3 weeks ago, and got nothing to do with the *northern* front in Lebanon. The rest of your post: more or less - I agree.

Scubascott: you are right about our TV stations, however main newspapers & internet sites are a different story - some are balanced, but most of them give our gov a real headache. Lots of criticism all the time (not just now), specially HAARETZ (one of the 3 main newspaper in Israel), are VERY 'left wingers'.

About all the "equal" talks: there's no such thing as "equal" in war. people are more than just statistics. It doesn't matter who got more or less casualties, one dead man is more than enough.

Its 07:05 here in Israel, and once again we woke up today about an hour ago because of the alarm - Nasralla delivered us a special wake up call.

Good morning.
  • Options
    ScubascottScubascott Posts: 815
    I got an email from one of my friends in Tel Aviv today. It seems that his parents, who live in Metula (The northernmost town in Israel) are still ok.

With regards to media bias, I was just perusing Ynet's (Israel's english language online newspaper) site this morning, and was very surprised to come across this:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3271505,00.html

Ynet is usually very strongly biased not only in the stories they post, but in the language they use. It was interesting to read this one.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison