Options

No Lebanese casualties

mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
By the looks of all the major media headlines you would think that not one lebanese civilians was killing during Israeli attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Out of these four major news websites there is not one headline or even subhead to indicate the death toll in Lebanon,but the Israeli death toll is the dominate headline in most of them.

Funny that the one news source that has made a headline out of the Lebanese death toll has been Fox News. So much for that Liberal bias in the media.

http://www.foxnews.com/
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ConXConX Posts: 39
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    ConX wrote:

It will probably end up as a small bullet point near the end of an article.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    ConXConX Posts: 39
    Indeed.

Complete and utter Asshole media.......
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    ConX wrote:
    Indeed.

Complete and utter Asshole media.......

Hi again from Israel,

As far as for the Israeli media: TV & local internet sites play LOTS of Pictures from Lebanon. It looks h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e. Yesterday I talked to a Lebanese acquaintance who moved in to Israel 6 years ago. He got in touch with his family & friends from back home, and they had told him Hezbollah entered their private homes, mosques, UN public facilities and others civilian buildings IN FORCE, in order to fire missiles towards northern Israel. According to them, there is a HUGE problem to run away or hide because the Hezbollah people took over everything & the IDF is shooting towards the launchers. There are reports here that some northern Israeli & southern Lebanese communities asked the Israeli gov & the IDF to try everything they can in order to avoid from innocent civilians getting hurt. In addition to that, we hear more and more criticism about Hezbollah's actions in the last few days from arab reporters / ministers / citizens in mid eastern countries (including Lebanon!), along side with condemnation for Israel's actions in Lebanon. There is an attempt to solve things up with the help of Italy's prime minister, lets hope it'll work.

As far as for me: Woke up to the sound of alarms and explosions. My home town, port city of Haifa was under attack. One of the missiles hits a work shop, kills 8 people and injures 19. 900,000 residents from Haifa & surrounded cities have'nt been out of their shelters since morning. The IDF had to increase his actions against launchers - Haifa has lots of industrial facilities, hitting them means a large scale disaster that can effect Israel and its surrounding. NO ONE except Nasralla wants that to happen.

Hope we'll hear some better news tomorrow.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    shiraz wrote:
    Hi again from Israel,

As far as for the Israeli media: TV & local internet sites play LOTS of Pictures from Lebanon. It looks h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e. Yesterday I talked to a Lebanese acquaintance who moved in to Israel 6 years ago. He got in touch with his family & friends from back home, and they had told him Hezbollah entered their private homes, mosques, UN public facilities and others civilian buildings IN FORCE, in order to fire missiles towards northern Israel. According to them, there is a HUGE problem to run away or hide because the Hezbollah people took over everything & the IDF is shooting towards the launchers. There are reports here that some northern Israeli & southern Lebanese communities asked the Israeli gov & the IDF to try everything they can in order to avoid from innocent civilians getting hurt. In addition to that, we hear more and more criticism about Hezbollah's actions in the last few days from arab reporters / ministers / citizens in mid eastern countries (including Lebanon!), along side with condemnation for Israel's actions in Lebanon. There is an attempt to solve things up with the help of Italy's prime minister, lets hope it'll work.

As far as for me: Woke up to the sound of alarms and explosions. My home town, port city of Haifa was under attack. One of the missiles hits a work shop, kills 8 people and injures 19. 900,000 residents from Haifa & surrounded cities have'nt been out of their shelters since morning. The IDF had to increase his actions against launchers - Haifa has lots of industrial facilities, hitting them means a large scale disaster that can effect Israel and its surrounding. NO ONE except Nasralla wants that to happen.

Hope we'll hear some better news tomorrow.

a large scale disaster kinda like bombing bridges, hospitals, airports, schools...???

funny, you mention all these arabs condemning hezbollah but where is the equal condemnation for israel?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    a large scale disaster kinda like bombing bridges, hospitals, airports, schools...???

funny, you mention all these arabs condemning hezbollah but where is the equal condemnation for israel?

from my original post: "along side with condemnation for Israel's actions in Lebanon". The arab world condemed us both, and its unusual so I tought I'll tell you that fact.

Large scale disaster = Israel and its surrounding (not only Labanon) will get hurt, something like an ecological disaster (sorry, my english is not that good).
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    mammasan wrote:
    By the looks of all the major media headlines you would think that not one lebanese civilians was killing during Israeli attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Out of these four major news websites there is not one headline or even subhead to indicate the death toll in Lebanon,but the Israeli death toll is the dominate headline in most of them.

Funny that the one news source that has made a headline out of the Lebanese death toll has been Fox News. So much for that Liberal bias in the media.

http://www.foxnews.com/

So much for Fox not being "fair and balanced", huh? ;):p
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I couldn't believe how blatantly one sided the coverage was!! It came across like the Lebanese were evil and deserved what they were getting....while Israel was being attacked and terrorized....thats how I saw the coverage, it all seems like opinions and misplaced ones at that, there wasn't too much news put in the mix.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    shiraz wrote:
    In addition to that, we hear more and more criticism about Hezbollah's actions in the last few days from arab reporters / ministers / citizens in mid eastern countries (including Lebanon!), along side with condemnation for Israel's actions in Lebanon. There is an attempt to solve things up with the help of Italy's prime minister, lets hope it'll work.

unless i misinterpreted shiraz's post, he did mention it, unless i misinterpreted the questioned you posed to shiraz. if you are talking about the mainstream media, then i agree.
    Perhaps someday I'll crawl home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.

-Sylvia Plath
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Of course not.

It's all propaganda.

It's about creating a victim and a villain.

It's about brainwashing us into rooting and supporting Israel.

We have no real news on television. We have a script written and designed to elicit specific, beneficial reactions.
  • Options
    unless i misinterpreted shiraz's post, he did mention it, unless i misinterpreted the questioned you posed to shiraz. if you are talking about the mainstream media, then i agree.

yes, that is what i meant...shoudl it really be news that the arabs are condemning what israel is doing??? my point is they are also condemning what hezbollah is doing...they are saying both sides in this is wrong...yet from the opposited end they are only saying hezbollah is wrong and israel is justified in 'protecting itself'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Much like you posting and content habits, except you lean the opposite way.

Otherwise, no difference at all.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Much like you posting and content habits, except you lean the opposite way.

Otherwise, no difference at all.

1. I'm not a major news source
    2. The damage being inflicted is NOT close to being equal but to watch the news you would think the otherway around.
    3. The other side is already being represented here and on the news over and over again...excuse me for trying to equal out what's being put out there.

Both sides are doing bad things but not a an equal portion, yet no one wants to say that.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    yes, that is what i meant...shoudl it really be news that the arabs are condemning what israel is doing??? my point is they are also condemning what hezbollah is doing...they are saying both sides in this is wrong...yet from the opposited end they are only saying hezbollah is wrong and israel is justified in 'protecting itself'

ok, i think i see your point, that it was interesting that the Arabs were condemning both Israel & Hezbollah & you haven't seen that from Israeli and/or the American media. it wasn't a statement made specifically to shiraz.

i would imagine there are Israelis (much like a lot of us in the states or Europe) that are not pleased with their government's actions/decisions. just because we haven't heard their voices, doesn't mean they are not there. it's no different than the biased media coverage on this whole issue.
    Perhaps someday I'll crawl home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.

-Sylvia Plath
  • Options
    2. The damage being inflicted is NOT close to being equal but to watch the news you would think the otherway around.
    3. The other side is already being represented here and on the news over and over again...excuse me for trying to equal out what's being put out there.

Both sides are doing bad things but not a an equal portion, yet no one wants to say that.

My post wasn't directed at you. It was for EL Kabonger.

Regardless, if anyone is going to spout off about fair and balanced coverage, they should take the concept to heart.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

Lebanese civilians are the people suffering here ... The Isrealis and the terrorists are both getting off easier than these people. While I put the onus on Isreal to suspend attacks on Lebanon, I think the government of the latter country probably bears some responsibility as well, for letting extremists operate out of the nation for so long.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

Regardless, if anyone is going to spout off about fair and balanced coverage, they should take the concept to heart.

El Kabong is a Doberman, and Isreal is his favorite chew toy. Don't expect a miracle here.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

No, not when it's already so unequal

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    El Kabong is a Doberman, and Isreal is his favorite chew toy. Don't expect a miracle here.

I don't. Just pointing it out.

Just trying to be fair and balanced:D
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    hailhailkc wrote:
    So much for Fox not being "fair and balanced", huh? ;):p

they are just mad that the IDF sniped at one of their reporters live on the air.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Fox_crew_shot_at_in_Israel_0713.html

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    No, not when it's already so unequal

So rather than submitting fair and balance, you choose to duplicate and mimic the type of approach which was incorrect and ultimately unfair and wrong; to begin with?

To each his own.

Although I will point out that there's no shortage of over-zealous, unobjective, everything anti-Israel.....anti-american viewpoints, here at the Moving Train. Quite frankily, these type of approaches, in my opinion, are as damaging and unproductive as those over the top, over-zealous, unobjective Pro-Bush/USA/Israel viewpoints; which enrage the former mentioned......so much.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Although I will point out that there's no shortage of over-zealous, unobjective, everything anti-Israel.....anti-american viewpoints, here at the Moving Train. Quite frankily, these type of approaches, in my opinion, are as damaging and unproductive as those over the top, over-zealous, unobjective Pro-Bush/USA/Israel viewpoints; which enrage the former mentioned......so much.

Couldn't agree more, dude.
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    DarkStar wrote:
    they are just mad that the IDF sniped at one of their reporters live on the air.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Fox_crew_shot_at_in_Israel_0713.html

ds

Was it the IDF, or evenflow? Hmmm...I wonder. ;)
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:

Oh, no no no - You are so worng! There is a massive criticism on Israel's actions within Israeli media, mainly in newspapers. In a matter of fact, People are protesting against gov policy *right now* in Tel Aviv. The main calims are:
    1. our actions went too far.
    2. we need to start negotiating with the Lebanse gov.

My personal point of view: I agree with those claims, though I think the Lebanese gov should at least get our soliders (well, their bodies) from hezbollah first. You see, Labanon was ordered 6 years ago to disarm & dismiss hezbollah, but for some reason not only they didn't do so, instead they allowed the terrorists to gain more weapons and invite them to the parlament.
    I think arab nations & *REAL* UN divisions should stand along lebanon and help them to get rid of hezbollah.
  • Options
    okay...here's some actual content regarding the undercurrent topic in this thread:

VIDEO: Israeli and Arab TV show different sides of war

DarkStar reports, you decide.

ds
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    okay...here's some actual content regarding the undercurrent topic in this thread:

VIDEO: Israeli and Arab TV show different sides of war

DarkStar reports, you decide.

ds

The arab video (along with several more from other arab stations) is being broadcast in Isreali TV in almost every news report. As I wrote before: "The pictures we are getting from Lebanon are h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e".
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    The arab video (along with several more from other arab stations) is being broadcast in Isreali TV in almost every news report. As I wrote before: "The pictures we are getting from Lebanon are h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e".

thank you for sharing your perspective. as someone who is in the midst of this, i applaud your efforts to share what you see happening. again, thank you...and i wish you and your family and friends safety and peace.

ds
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

what are you talking about? how did i spout off about fair and balanced?? all i said was the arabs can condemn both sides but no one else seems willing to do that.

also, being directed at me didn't take away from abook's points, so, in answer:

standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    what are you talking about? how did i spout off about fair and balanced?? all i said was the arabs can condemn both sides but no one else seems willing to do that.

also, being directed at me didn't take away from abook's points, so, in answer:

I know. They refuse to admit that number 1, Israel is the aggressor and number 2, they are killing at a much larger ratio...much larger.

a murder in defense does not equal a serial killer. the annhilation of an almost defenseless group of people....then they get mad and suprised when they look to groups like hamas or hezbollah for security!!! hell, what do you want them to do roll over or jump into the ocean? nobody else wants to help them or protect them from this violence. So again, excuse me if I lean to one side but it's far from an equal situation. Do you people here really see it as equal?

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I know. They refuse to admit that number 1, Israel is the aggressor and number 2, they are killing at a much larger ratio...much larger.

a murder in defense does not equal a serial killer. the annhilation of an almost defenseless group of people....then they get mad and suprised when they look to groups like hamas or hezbollah for security!!! hell, what do you want them to do roll over or jump into the ocean? nobody else wants to help them or protect them from this violence. So again, excuse me if I lean to one side but it's far from an equal situation. Do you people here really see it as equal?

also israel is using collective punsihment. like bombing electric plants, schools, hospitals, airports...they are trying to cripple the whole country and they think this is equal to shooting some rockets (let's not even get into who's rockets are better, especially for targeting specific targets)?? but to quote an israeli official on NPR when asked what of the hospitals and schools w/o power now? "they can get generators"

maybe if everyone else didn't ignore them and what's going on they wouldn't have to turn to ppl like hezbollah (which i even compared to wolves preying on their plight yesterday and yet i'm accused of being one sided and saying no bad about that :rolleyes:)

it's like a 40 year old getting into a fist fight w/ a 10 year old...sure, both did something bad but doncha think the 40 year old bears a lot more of the blame?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd