Options

PJ playing with cardboard cutout of stone

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited December 2007 in The Porch
any footage or even pictures of this out there????? it was when they opened for the who in fall 2002, stone couldn't make it, and i'm sure eddie, the who superfan, thought "no need to cancel, we'll play without him!"......so they had a cardboard cutout of stone on stage.....thats what it said on fivehorizons
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    anyfootage or even pictures of this out there????? it was when they opened for the who in fall 2002, stone couldn't make it, and i'm sure eddie, the who superfan, thought "no need to cancel, we'll play without him!"......so they had a cardboard cutout of stone on stage.....thats what it said on fivehorizons
    haha id never heard about this before! that gives me a great idea for 10C merch tho :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i didnt know this happened

BUT

i so fucking want a large cut out of stone. How cool would that be?

Just put him in the corner and when someone asks "whats the problem?" or "whos the problem?" you can just nod and salute
  • Options
    i didnt know this happened

BUT

i so fucking want a large cut out of stone. How cool would that be?

Just put him in the corner and when someone asks "whats the problem?" or "whos the problem?" you can just nod and salute

That made me laugh : ) However, would it be even funnier (to us) or really lame that we would be the only ones who knew what we were talking about?
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    I want one...
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    Tangerine wrote:
    That made me laugh : ) However, would it be even funnier (to us) or really lame that we would be the only ones who knew what we were talking about?

i think a mixture of the two would be great :D

I mean... think of how much fun that would be...... just to have around lol
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Man, I am all up for a cutout of Stone.
  • Options
    i think ill make my own... ill post a pic when its done... then potentially sell them to those that are interested...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

lol, or the one of him from the cover of rolling stone where he has his shirt tied in the front, exposing his belly.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Let's start a petition for large cardboard Stone cutouts!
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options

thats so funny, i had the same photo in mind!!

There are tons of great ones. I think a simple "stone" would go over nicely as well.

(i wonder how much it is to get a cut out btw)
  • Options
    Stone blow-up doll?
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    Stone blow-up doll?

cardboard is cheaper than plastic..... thats all im shoutin ...
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547

oh B! that is so FREAKIN' hilarious!! I could just picture it, when you have a guest, they could come in and Stone would greet them in that pose! hahahahaha

And to answer the orginial poster of this thread, I remember hearing about that too, there's got to be a video out there. I want to see it!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Iwillpaywhateveranyonedemandsforavideoofthis...as for the cardboard cutout...um, :o

excuse me.

:p:o
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i think this one will forever be THE greatest PJ pic!! haha they'll never let that one down, destined for eternal PJ infamy!! never let this pic die people! :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    i think this one will forever be THE greatest PJ pic!! haha they'll never let that one down, destined for eternal PJ infamy!! never let this pic die people! :D
    i love it so. it makes me smile. whenever someone gives me crap about PJ's music being depressing and all that....i send that :p