Options

WOW am I Pissed!!!!

Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I haven't gotten my Xmas single yet, but there are people already selling them on ebay......Fuckers!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PEARL-JAM-2007-Christmas-Fan-Club-Single_W0QQitemZ320202025697QQihZ011QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    This is a trajesty.
  • Options
    why anyone would pay more than $20 for this is beyond my understanding... just JOIN THE FUCKIN 10 CLUB PEOPLE! you get the single and a bunch of other goodies for less than the single by itself!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    AndySlash wrote:
    This is a trajesty.

yes, quite a trajesty........in the largest forms they can occur in.......

why do people sell things to others on such dishonest terms? I still have not gotten my single but I did put it on my computer (my son did anyway). but people selling it for more than even our membership dues as pointed out already is not right. can someone report these people who are claiming to sell something exclusive when if the buyer searched here, they could find the ways that would be better ways of getting the merchandise?

am I off base here or do you agree?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    yes, quite a trajesty........in the largest forms they can occur in.......

why do people sell things to others on such dishonest terms? I still have not gotten my single but I did put it on my computer (my son did anyway). but people selling it for more than even our membership dues as pointed out already is not right. can someone report these people who are claiming to sell something exclusive when if the buyer searched here, they could find the ways that would be better ways of getting the merchandise?

am I off base here or do you agree?
    not sure if these singles specifically say not for resale... but as far as the price issue goes, its the responsibility of the consumer to know the actually value of a product when buying it... its just good (though dishonest) business on the part of whoever is selling it... its likely someone who joins 10C for the tickets perks and does not have a turntable therefore having no need for the single... i didnt see the auction at the beginning but its possible there was no reserve placed in which case the seller cant be faulted... unless of course like i mentioned the single is "not for resale"

• Options
    This isn't what I thought this thread would be about. Move on..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    not sure if these singles specifically say not for resale... but as far as the price issue goes, its the responsibility of the consumer to know the actually value of a product when buying it... its just good (though dishonest) business on the part of whoever is selling it... its likely someone who joins 10C for the tickets perks and does not have a turntable therefore having no need for the single... i didnt see the auction at the beginning but its possible there was no reserve placed in which case the seller cant be faulted... unless of course like i mentioned the single is "not for resale"

yeah, I guess it's just (to me) like pawning off grandma's jewelry. kind of slimy. if they don't have a turntable, then maybe just keep it for the memorabilia ................?

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options

ok yes, still haven't gotten mine.........

but there is already a thread for that point. what do you want this thread to be about?

because I thought the original post was opening up a discussion about the fact that some people are still waiting for their single while other people have it and some of them obviously do not have a need for it or maybe a way to use it.

so what do you want to "move on" to?

• Options
    wouldnt the "sealed" single have the sellers address, name and 1oc number on it??
    couldnt they then be reported to the 10c or something for this?

edit

then again its not exactly illegal....
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i cant understand peoples issue with this... i have 4 or 5 Xmas singles now.. and i dont have a fucking record player so what am i supposed to do with them? if i can sell them on ebay then thats my choice and also it means rather than them collecting dust in my 1985 record box someone can get the benefit of playing the fucking things!!!

people are becoming so irate at the merest thing on here.. is it cos they think Eddie doesnt like ebay or something :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446

:D haha! Same reason I dropped by me thinks! ;)

Carry on. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    writersu wrote:
    yeah, I guess it's just (to me) like pawning off grandma's jewelry. kind of slimy. if they don't have a turntable, then maybe just keep it for the memorabilia ................?

its up to each individual what they choose to do with their single. maybe they need the cash, you don't know. i myself don't have a turntable but WILL be keeping the single as memorabila but if someone chooses not to do that then don't come on here slating them just because someone chooses to sell a pearl jam related item on ebay.

why check on ebay anyway if all your gonna do is moan?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Just because its on e-bay doesn't mean you have to buy it from there. It will come in the mail.

How do we know that isn't your e-bay listing, and this is a clever way of advertising for your own personal gain?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    starting price was 99 cents

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    ok yes, still haven't gotten mine.........

but there is already a thread for that point. what do you want this thread to be about?

because I thought the original post was opening up a discussion about the fact that some people are still waiting for their single while other people have it and some of them obviously do not have a need for it or maybe a way to use it.

so what do you want to "move on" to?

Are you from the UK? In the UK, 'pissed' = drunk. In the US, 'pissed' is used interchangably for 'pissed off' = angry.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    dangerboy wrote:
    starting price was 99 cents
    nice!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    You shouldn't be pissed. Just relax. There will alway's be that certain person in the world that will tick you off. I say fuck em! Everybody has a choice. If they want to piss other's off. Let them do what they want to do. Just ignore them.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i would only be pissed if it doesn't arrive by march or april and then you email the 10c and they respond back saying "it's not our fault" and don't even offer to ship you another one.

btw, i just recieved mine a couple of days ago.

it will come.....well, maybe.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    If I join the 10club around now, would I get this x-mas single or would I have to wait for next christmas'?
  • Options
    If I join the 10club around now, would I get this x-mas single or would I have to wait for next christmas'?
    yah you missed this one unfortunately... i think the deadline was some time in november... but you'll get the 2008 single! (if the post office doesnt destroy or lose it ;) )

• Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    its up to each individual what they choose to do with their single. maybe they need the cash, you don't know. i myself don't have a turntable but WILL be keeping the single as memorabila but if someone chooses not to do that then don't come on here slating them just because someone chooses to sell a pearl jam related item on ebay.

why check on ebay anyway if all your gonna do is moan?

yeah but I wasn't the one who began the thread with "I am so pissed!" so pass that thought on to them. I was just answering the whole issue brought on here and hypothetically summing up why.

to be truthful,most things that happen around me don't piss me off until they hit home and affect me directly........I have to save up my energy for the good stuff, you know? Let the guy ( or girl) sell their stuff on ebay, who cares? All I know is I wouldn't and that is the only thing I need to worry about.

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    AndySlash wrote:
    This is a trajesty.

its pandelerium!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    its pandelerium!

what? our trajesty???????