Options

Pearl Jam Set To Begin Work On New Album

2»

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    this probably the 50th time I've said this...when I met Mike McCready the day after lolla at O'hare airport...I asked what's next and he said they'd probably go back in to the studio in April...anyone believe me yet???hahaha

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/Trevorro/sallystevenMIKEbrian.jpg
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    this probably the 50th time I've said this...when I met Mike McCready the day after lolla at O'hare airport...I asked what's next and he said they'd probably go back in to the studio in April...anyone believe me yet???hahaha

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/Trevorro/sallystevenMIKEbrian.jpg

i believed you from the first time you said it dude! since you actually got to meet mike the man mccready, when do you think the actual release of a new album will come around?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    I was just perusing the Web, came across a site called gotickets.com, and they specifically say that "pearl jam have a studio album due in 2008"- huh?

saw that and just emailed them. when they email back i will paste to you all what they say. i love when sites just make things up.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    i believed you from the first time you said it dude! since you actually got to meet mike the man mccready, when do you think the actual release of a new album will come around?

lol that's right...I touched mike so I'm the all knowing being of the universe now...

ummmmmmmmmm

my theory is that the next album will mostly be avocado b-sides...so they finalize those songs and work on some new stuff over the next 2 months...studio session in april followed by a short tour and a short break then maybe another short studio session to finalize/mix the album...

assuming that the album is mostly written already (avocado b-sides) I could see another album late this year.

I have NO concrete evidence other than mike said studio in april
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    lol that's right...I touched mike so I'm the all knowing being of the universe now...

ummmmmmmmmm

my theory is that the next album will mostly be avocado b-sides...so they finalize those songs and work on some new stuff over the next 2 months...studio session in april followed by a short tour and a short break then maybe another short studio session to finalize/mix the album...

assuming that the album is mostly written already (avocado b-sides) I could see another album late this year.

I have NO concrete evidence other than mike said studio in april

Right on. This sounds like the best theory posited yet...I guess the McCready encounter has had an effect on you :)
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    my two cents...

a band "writing" as Jeff pointed too, or even Mike eluding to PJ being in the studio in April in no way means that an album is anywhere near completion, or even started. most bands (of PJ's size especially) go in and out of the studio several times over the course of a year or two while they are writing an album, to demo songs and document ideas, it's all a part of the process.

if they do in fact announce Bonaroo, a VFC Tour, or any other shows this year i think that backs this up even more, as most times when a band is serious about completing a record they wont pop up here and there for shows. live shows are a way to get the energy back after time off to fuel studio sessions

i personally would be shocked beyond belief if we saw a PJ album in 2008...VERY VERY shocked...but very happy of course too
  • Options
    good question! i wanna know peoples opinions. i want to get my hopes up for the summer hehe

and i'm still hoping when they announce banaroo tuesday they'll say something like more news soon enough or hint to something else.

that would be cool but mbe just to dream for it...we will see
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Im thinking March-May they will work on the album.

June-August, couple of shows, Bonnaroo, etc.

September-November A small VFC type of tour. 5-6 shows, couple of appearances.

December break.

Jan-Feb 09 back in studio for a spring release of the new album, probably April.

Summer 2009 Large Scale tour to include Australia, NZ, etc. Then back to the states.

Depending on the election results....the South may...or may not...get their tour.
    You have given this alot of thought! :p
    Sounds good.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away