Is Scott Stapp our genertaions Eddie Vedder?

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Both have great voices
Both have sold millions
Both have critical acclaim and Grammys

I think Scott Stapp has an even better voice than Vedder, and I am proud to embrace Stapp as the voice of a generation.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Thanks for that! I needed a good laugh before bed! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • muppet wrote:
    Both have great voices
    Both have sold millions

I think Scott Stapp has an even better voice than Vedder, and I am proud to embrace Stapp as the voice of a generation.

Are you scott stapp? seriously? every thread iv seen you make has been anti pearl jam and now i see a pro scott stapp thread, this has gotta be a joke,

And scott stapp has a grammy???for what???
  • AloneWVAloneWV Posts: 5
    muppet wrote:
    Both have great voices
    Both have sold millions

did someone forget their psychtropic medications?
    just kidding ..but wow..are you serious?
    seems odd to see that
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    muppet wrote:
    Both have great voices
    Both have sold millions

LMAO< this is one of the dumbest comments i've ever read.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    who the hell is scott stapp???
    is this that kid from fall out toy?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    yes. yes he is
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I'd like to kick stapp in the balls.
  • fugawzifugawzi Posts: 871
    what an effing joke.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    well, his career is already complete...so no.
    "It's all happening"
  • Hells yes he is. He covers all the important criteria for a frontman, as you said. He's the perfect specimen of "rock".

Also, Pete Wentz is this generation's Mozart. Discuss.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I am pretty sure this thread is a joke
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    well, it's a joke no matter which way you look at it.

props for the original poster in creating such an all round funny thread
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It's supposed to be a play on this thread:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=253354

It was a pretty lazy joke though.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • trying to start a fight..

as I remember that's all you seem to do muppet..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I still don't even know who he is...
    I still don't even know who he is...

Be grateful! If you ever do come across him you'll want to gouge out your own eyes, stick screwdrivers in your ears and punch a hole in your tv! :mad:

Just be really grateful. :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Be grateful! If you ever do come across him you'll want to gouge out your own eyes, stick screwdrivers in your ears and punch a hole in your tv! :mad:

In that particular order? How would you find the TV? You might just end up thrashing wildly around your living room, scaring your grandparents. Precautions, Jeanie, precautions...:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Jeanie wrote:

Just be really grateful. :o

Well... actually, I do. I know the band anyway.
    I once made the mistake of asking who he was, on here.
    In that particular order? How would you find the TV? You might just end up thrashing wildly around your living room, scaring your grandparents. Precautions, Jeanie, precautions...:p

:D Yeah, it occured to me afterwards that just punching a hole in the tele would be enough! :D

I have a severe allergic reaction to the guy! He's creepy and one of the few people on the planet that I cannot get far enough away from fast enough! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Well... actually, I do. I know the band anyway.
    I once made the mistake of asking who he was, on here.

:) I can just imagine how it went, you poor thing.

Sorry, I just cannot tolerate him at all. :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    :D Yeah, it occured to me afterwards that just punching a hole in the tele would be enough! :D

I have a severe allergic reaction to the guy! He's creepy and one of the few people on the planet that I cannot get far enough away from fast enough! :eek:

I'm just trying keep everyone safe here.:D

Stapp's like the "sensitive" brother of the singer from Buckcherry. Both seem like guys who'd beat the crap out of their wives to me. And they both make crappy music.
    I'm just trying keep everyone safe here.:D

Stapp's like the "sensitive" brother of the singer from Buckcherry. Both seem like guys who'd beat the crap out of their wives to me. And they both make crappy music.

I've not had the misfortune of suffering the Buckcherry guy but if he's even half as artificial and as big a waste of space as Stapp then I have absolutely no desire to! I freaked out about Stapp long before I knew about his anger issues. Just seemed to add to his already long list of problems for me.
    Everytime I think of him I get that mental image from the film clip with his leg wrapped around the mic stand and the fan blowing his hair back with his shirt all billowing out behind him and his icky bare chest looking at me and I just wanna throw up! Or punch something. Or both. :o I hated the music first, thought I'd die of rage when I saw the film clip and then discovered what a fine upstanding citizen he is. :rolleyes: Yep, guy just brings out the worst in me. I cannot stand him.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I've not had the misfortune of suffering the Buckcherry guy but if he's even half as artificial and as big a waste of space as Stapp then I have absolutely no desire to! I freaked out about Stapp long before I knew about his anger issues. Just seemed to add to his already long list of problems for me.
    Everytime I think of him I get that mental image from the film clip with his leg wrapped around the mic stand and the fan blowing his hair back with his shirt all billowing out behind him and his icky bare chest looking at me and I just wanna throw up! Or punch something. Or both. :o I hated the music first, thought I'd die of rage when I saw the film clip and then discovered what a fine upstanding citizen he is. :rolleyes: Yep, guy just brings out the worst in me. I cannot stand him.

Well, we're all allowed one mortal enemy, right?:D You get one free kill. Use it wisely.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    muppet wrote:
    Both have great voices
    Both have sold millions

Whooo? What? Personally speaking, Eddie Vedder is my generations Eddie Vedder(whatever you mean by that), I s'pose it's down to age. Who is that person btw?juk
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    Well, we're all allowed one mortal enemy, right?:D You get one free kill. Use it wisely.

Well I don't like him at all, it's true, but I don't know about mortal enemy or that I could kill him. And if I only get one free kill, I guess I could think of other people where if I killed them it would be a grand humanitarian act for society. Perhaps if I could just curse him to die in obscurity? Oh that's right! He will anyway! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    jamie uk wrote:
    Whooo? What? Personally speaking, Eddie Vedder is my generations Eddie Vedder(whatever you mean by that), I s'pose it's down to age. Who is that person btw?juk

Jamie, jamie, jamie!! :rolleyes: Really DO NOT ASK!!! Trust me there are somethings you just do not need to know. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Well I don't like him at all, it's true, but I don't know about mortal enemy or that I could kill him. And if I only get one free kill, I guess I could think of other people where if I killed them it would be a grand humanitarian act for society. Perhaps if I could just curse him to die in obscurity? Oh that's right! He will anyway! ;)

Ouch. If witty jibes could kill...:p

And now Eddie Vedders on with KoL at Lolla. Excuse me...:D
  • Bump because it's good to hear from the British! We're all missing out on 'palooza!

Seriously, I can't stand Nickleback.

;)
    Ouch. If witty jibes could kill...:p

And now Eddie Vedders on with KoL at Lolla. Excuse me...:D

Oh if you could kill with a sharp tongue, I'd be a mass murderer by now! ;):D

oooh!! ENJOY!!! Lucky bugger! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift