Options

Whats with this James Blunt dude?

sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Is it just me that thinks this guy is a very average musician? mybe even a bad musician? the songs are boring and he does this stupid out of time singing thing but it just sounds terrible... your thoughts?
I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    uggggghhh that single of his is so bad!
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    i think he's ok
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • Options
    He is bad and unfortunately massively overplayed here in the UK.
  • Options
    I quite like him. went to see him in manchester before all the fuss started and there was only about 200 people there,it was really cool,nice and intimate. he changed alot of the songs in little ways which didnt ruin them it was a nice touch.

bad musician?! who's the one with the album at number one for about four weeks? cant knock a guy's musicianship for that.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    I quite like him. went to see him in manchester before all the fuss started and there was only about 200 people there,it was really cool,nice and intimate. he changed alot of the songs in little ways which didnt ruin them it was a nice touch.

bad musician?! who's the one with the album at number one for about four weeks? cant knock a guy's musicianship for that.
    yeah, and 50 cent is a great musician
  • Options
    sj_2150 wrote:

so rap isnt a talent then? can you wrap? can you write a number one?

no disrespect mate but you are being a bit harsh here no?!;)
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    so rap isnt a talent then? can you wrap? can you write a number one?

no disrespect mate but you are being a bit harsh here no?!;)
    im not being harsh, rap is talentless and stupid. it USED to be good back in the days when it meant something (NWA,Public Enemy) nowadays its all about "i go to dis club, i fuck dis bick i fuck dat ho, i aint givin no dolla dolla bill yall, i go my glock yo, nod ya head" oh and they rip off classic songs
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    50 Cent is a pretty awful rapper, especially when compared to people who actually could sling rhymes, like Ice Cube and Nas.

And rap is still pretty decent. As much as it ever was, in any case. MF Doom released a real good album this year, as did Blackalicious and Common.

you are taking the radio representation of rap to be representative of the whole. If you did this for everything, I'd say music was pretty shitty too. But I don't, and it's not.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    sj_2150 wrote:
    im not being harsh, rap is talentless and stupid. it USED to be good back in the days when it meant something (NWA,Public Enemy) nowadays its all about "i go to dis club, i fuck dis bick i fuck dat ho, i aint givin no dolla dolla bill yall, i go my glock yo, nod ya head" oh and they rip off classic songs

but thats what you hear,i quite like a lot of rap-jurrasic five,uglyducking they sing about the art of the music. its what you like and what you let in. its up to you man,dont take the piss cos you aint goin "dem clubs"...........
  • Options
    but thats what you hear,i quite like a lot of rap-jurrasic five,uglyducking they sing about the art of the music. its what you like and what you let in. its up to you man,dont take the piss cos you aint goin "dem clubs"...........
    i remember one song by jurassic 5 that i liked, the filclip was set in a barbershop and that ugly duckling is terrible, the clip is funny though "ITS TIME TO GET LOADED!"

rap is just an inferior genre in my opinion
  • Options
    oh, no! sj and you like tom waits, awwwww

what about the roots?

we'll call it rock n roll -- the fucking roots, phrenology!!

rock that rap shit!
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Rock is an inferior genre to Jazz.

and Rap is pretty fantastic. If you haven't taken the time to explore it, you shouldn't be able to pass any judgement beyond "I don't listen." I hope K-OS comes out with a new album soon
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    sj_2150 wrote:

true dat homie
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Uh oh, not anothing fucking rap thread.
  • Options
    sj_2150 wrote:

that is some funny shit...........u had me laughing out loud.....and to a certain degree you are right
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. He makes me want to pick my eyeballs out. It's excruitating to listen to. Please don't go there. Please.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    I liked 'you're beautiful' - well, it was kinda one of those songs that made me stop and listen and wonder if I liked it or not. It wasn't brilliant or anything. That's the only one of his I've heard - if it's the best on the album (which the first single SHOULD be) I don't think I'll bother.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    his voice is so whiny and high that I thought he must have recorded his album on helium....whilst standing in a box of rakes......having his nuts squeezed by a long nailed ladyboy from brazil......etc.

i just dont get him at all... the voice is just not a good singing voice :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I liked James Blunt before the chavs highjacked him.

Its actually a good album, but it's been overplayed and over milked.

Shame the british media have fucked another talent up.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I like the song You're Beautiful.
    but I'm a sucker for ballads anyway. :o

it's just one of the songs you wish would be sung to you. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    sj_2150 wrote:
    i have to agree. rappers like chuck d, tupac (when he wasnt talking about killing people) NWA and even old school guys like kurtis blow and grand master flash actualy rapped about real life and situations. the pre war black americans had the blues to get out of there troubles, 80s and 90s african americans had rap. unfortunately it is now a meaningless genre of misogynistic idiots rappin about their "ice and bitches"

3 rap songs that mean some thing - tupac shakur's "unconditional love" "dear mama" and "keep ya head up"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    yourrr boooootiiifooooooool yourr boooooootifooooooool its troooooooooo
  • Options
    sj_2150 wrote:

I think just because you don't like someone it does not mean that they actually suck. It is all opinion and I happen to think he is brilliant. I think you should accept peoples likes and dislikes as much as you want them to accept yours.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    oh yeahm 50centipede was shot 7times or somethin???? Where? With what?-sticky gum blown thru a mcdonalds straw/////////////do me a favour this guys a cartoon character for 11years olds..........
  • Options
    And I just re-read my post. And I know it seems like I was saying 50 cent was brilliant but I was actually talking about James Blunt. I like the song candy shop though. It is fun to dance to. Woot 50!
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

• Options
    This board has so many people that don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to rap or non-90's music. Just because rappers talk about something you don't approve of doesn't mean they are talentless.
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    This board has so many people that don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to rap or non-90's music. Just because rappers talk about something you don't approve of doesn't mean they are talentless.

I agree with you too. But I don't know if I should get into it because I really don't know a lot about rappers etc... but I do like Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Nate Dog, Wu Tang Clan, and I think that Missy Elliott is a genious. Oh and I suppose that Dr. Dre is alright. Sometimes.

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    James Blunt is dating a member of the PussyCats Dolls. I read that while getting show-prep on Saturday.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I really like his album, it's really good to hear on a sunday morning. very relaxing and the songs are fun to play on my acoustic guitar.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Options
    I wish they would stop playing James Blunt on the radio. I mean I never listen to radio now anyway, apart from the rock station but when I walk into the kitchen and my parents have the radio on, there he is, singing away.
    I mean I know my expectations of bands and singers have raised significantly since I started listening to PJ but even so.
    His songs are so depressing, especially You're Beautiful.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles