Options

Doves

TricsathabarTricsathabar Posts: 23
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Just bought their album 'Some Cities'

Its not too bad so far, has anyone else heard them, what do you think?
IT MIGHT BE YOUR GUILE, IT COULD BE YOUR MIND...IT MIGHT BE THE WAY YOU TAKE YOUR TIME....OH, YOU, YOU, YOU
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I liked Black and White Town
    and the video...was mostly filmed in Glasgow, and it features a kid wearing a Rangers FC shirt - always good :D
  • Options
    I've like Doves since 'The Last Broadcast' (their last album)

My boyf is a bigger fan than me though, We've seen them live twice too and they seriously rocked the place both times :D
    How to be happy and true....
    Is the quest we're taking together...
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Love them. The new album takes a little longer to get into than Lost Souls or Last Broadcast, even though it seems more of a pop direction for them. I've grown to really like it now. Now I've gotta go listen to The Cedar Room & Pounding to get my fix.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    !!!!!! Posts: 28
    i ahve been on a 'doves' kick lately. they are a pretty good band.

for those who havent tried them... give them a listen!
    SIGNATURE :)
  • Options
    i'd consider myself to be a pretty big fan.

i'm going to see them in toronto at the end of september. the last time i saw them, they completely blew me away. it was better than i could have imagined.

very solid band. not enough people know of them though.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • Options
    i really like Some Cities, i don't know any of their other albums though. i plan to get it later
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Well, this thread is old, but i'm just listening to Some Cities -grabbed from the computer of a coworker- and, man, it's really nice. I hadn't bought it, 'cause from the few tracks I've heard, I thought this would be their weakest release... but I was wrong, this lives up to its 2 previous albums, it's trippy, it's rocker, and it's friggin cool... the whole sonic ambient they create in this recording is awesome.. kinda of foggy I think so, love what they get out of their guitars. The Storm is my fave track so far, seriously this is a highly recommended listen from what 2005 left us.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    I just listened to the Last Broadcast album for the first time the other day. I haven't had time to really listen to it a lot, but I like the song "Words" quite a bit. I'll look into some of their other stuff.
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    Black and white town is a great song, i havent heard anything else by them though
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo