Options

shit bands doing covers of good songs

2»

Comments

• Options
    cmon...

311 covering Love Song.

Robert Smith should go all... south park.. on them..

robert smith should use robot punch and beat the shit out of them for that one.

seriously..

one gorgeous song.. and they made a terrible, souless, reggae cover of it..

you know what sounds good as reggae music..?

REGGAE MUSIC... nothing else...

and no 311 aren't reggae.

christ.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I hated it when Fred Durst covered Behind Blue Eyes.

so true, probably the epitome of an insulting cover
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    *dirty little secret....

i like this song
    ....ya its pretty embaressing but i cant help it

I liked the song but I liked their other stuff better. I don't mind them considering they really aren't a serious band. Much more light hearted and are doing it for fun, not to be big.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    so true, probably the epitome of an insulting cover
    *nods*

at that point durst crossed that fine line between 'hated' and 'on deathlists' i think.

L-I-M-P-B-I-Z-C-U-I-T

ugh.

i can't even laugh at it it's so insulting...

maybe a little..

lmao.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    yeah the durst behind blue eyes was an aural holocaust.

i kinda like the alien ant farm smooth criminal. their drummer, mike cosgrove is a bad ass.

i heard evanescence do a cover of soundgarden's 4th of july. it wasn't great, but the fact they covered that song was cool.

i wasn't keen on that a perfect circle covers album either.

there's gotta be something worse than that though. i can't think of it right now

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    Well lets see....Adema covering Nutshell by AIC...that was painful to listen to. Staind did a decent cover of Nutshell...check it on Strippedmusic.com.
    That whole Perfect Circle cover CD blew man, that was a major let down from an extremely talented group. There was one song, Passive, great song. Apparently it was written years ago, and is somehow connected to Trent of NIN.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fred durst aint just a two time offender neither. he covered bittersweet symphony as well
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    SlashSlash Posts: 12
    Nothing wrong with Sheryl Crow

The only thing wrong with Sherly Crow is her cover of Sweet Child O' Mine.
    I Love Beer
  • Options
    Well lets see....Adema covering Nutshell by AIC...that was painful to listen to. Staind did a decent cover of Nutshell...check it on Strippedmusic.com.
    That whole Perfect Circle cover CD blew man, that was a major let down from an extremely talented group. There was one song, Passive, great song. Apparently it was written years ago, and is somehow connected to Trent of NIN.
    yes that reminds me.

APC's TERRIBLE version of Imagine.

that song used to have grace and beauty...

"Make our day"
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    DocChicago wrote:
    The Ataris made a terrible cover of Boys of Summer. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.

Henley's original is one of my favorite 80's songs. Every time I hear it, it takes me back. I dont hate the Atari's version, but it cant stand next to the original.
    One cover I never liked was GnR doing "Sympathy for the Devil". I think it was on the "Interview With a Vampire" soundtrack.
    Brian
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I was disappointed with Lenny's take on American Woman. It's ok, but I prefer Burton Cummings.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I have a thing about female singers turning songs written by men into lesbian songs.Teenage Kicks in Sugar Rush is a good example
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    esther1977 wrote:
    All saints doing under the bridge from the red hot chilipeppers.
    Terrible!!

I thought they did a good job. They are poppish but still they have beautiful voices.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • Options
    brainofPjB wrote:
    I always hated hearing Alien Ant Farm's cover of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal"....I was never a fan of theirs but it especially got me mad because I felt they got famous by covering that song not from their own, original songs...I feel like that violates some sort of unwritten rule--a band must be good and established before they cover a song.

I thought this was a good cover too... didn't touch the original but it was done very well.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

• Options
    cmon...

311 covering Love Song.

Robert Smith should go all... south park.. on them..

robert smith should use robot punch and beat the shit out of them for that one.

seriously..

one gorgeous song.. and they made a terrible, souless, reggae cover of it..

you know what sounds good as reggae music..?

REGGAE MUSIC... nothing else...

and no 311 aren't reggae.

christ.

They do a wonderful job... you people are so angry about people doing covers. I see it as compliments... And these are pretty good jobs some of them.

• Options
    :eek:

Scissor Sisters doing Comfortably Numb .. sounds like the Bee Gees on acid .. Painful !!
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    I've just been reminded of this : http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1833&CAT=movies&NSFW=3&rtn=search-1833&Keywords=london%20underground

Not really a cover of Going Underground by The Jam cos they've only used the tune and changed the words. It's pretty bad but still sorta funny..these guys have a real downer on British Rail :D
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    I've just been reminded of this : http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1833&CAT=movies&NSFW=3&rtn=search-1833&Keywords=london%20underground

Not really a cover of Going Underground by The Jam cos they've only used the tune and changed the words. It's pretty bad but still sorta funny..these guys have a real downer on British Rail :D

Fucking brilliant, reminds me of rathergood.com
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    Fucking brilliant, reminds me of rathergood.com

Some might not get it but I thought anyone who's used the underground would appreciate that one ;)

.. especially a londoner :D
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    was it Sugar Ray, or some other lame ass band that covered Joe Jackson's "Is She Really Going Out With Him"?
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    that lame ass trendy shit rap/metal band from the late 90's where are they now bin, that sampled rhcp's 'pretty little dity'
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    china doll wrote:
    They do a wonderful job... you people are so angry about people doing covers. I see it as compliments... And these are pretty good jobs some of them.

i don't care about people doing covers...i just think that 311 is shit!
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    i don't care about people doing covers...i just think that 311 is shit!

Fair enough. Well all have our opinions I suppose. But to hate a song just because it is a cover is unfair.

• Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    that lame ass trendy shit rap/metal band from the late 90's where are they now bin, that sampled rhcp's 'pretty little dity'

i believe that would be crazy town with the song butterfly.
    yeah that blew big time.

and here's a personal favorite: David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancin in the Street.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    ok so I was working today and this guy came in and asked for a copy of Amy Lee doing Heart Shaped Box. What is up with this?? I mean it was bad enough for her idiot boyfriend to constantly try to evoke the spirit of St. Kurt by doing covers of Nirvana songs on a nightly basis, that is of course after recording three cds that sound like a shitty bar band doing versions of Bleach (if Bleach fucking sucked). I appreciate that there is no accounting for taste and all but seriously.

both evanescence and seether rule fucking ass.
  • Options
    Cannabis wrote:
    both evanescence and seether rule fucking ass.
    no, they both need some originality before they can recieve any recognition. Did anyone see seether open-up for Audioslave? They had two glass-stained window frames that strickingly resembled the cover of In Utero and then had the blatent audacity to cover Drain You, I was disgusted to say the least.
  • Options
    no, they both need some originality before they can recieve any recognition. Did anyone see seether open-up for Audioslave? They had two glass-stained window frames that strickingly resembled the cover of In Utero and then had the blatent audacity to cover Drain You, I was disgusted to say the least.

What is so unoriginal about evanessense? And please explain to me why someone needs to be original before they can recieve recognition? So Pearl Jam will only recieve recognition for their original songs. We cannot think that any covers are good?