Options

Explosions In The Sky - New Album News

Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Explosions In The Sky has at long last announced the release of their follow up to 2003's The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place, entitled All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone.

And the tracklist is as follows:

1. The Birth and Death of the Day
2. Welcome, Ghosts
3. It's Natural To Be Afraid
4. What Do You Go Home To?
5. Catastrophe And Cure
6. So Long, Lonesome

The album will be released on February 20th, 2007 around which they will begin touring again. I'll post more dates as they're announced, so check back.

As always, thanks for supporting the band :)

The cover is pretty bad ass for this album too.
Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    sweet. the reissue of their first album has been holding me over.

would love to see them live again. saw them open for trail of dead a couple years ago...
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    sweet. the reissue of their first album has been holding me over.

would love to see them live again. saw them open for trail of dead a couple years ago...

I am waiting to see these guys live. Going to check dates now.
  • Options
    yet..but this album/tour are 2 of my hotly anticipated of 2007..
  • Options
    EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    They will be touring with their labelmate, Eluvium (ambient electronic).
  • Options
    Any of you guys heard the new shit? I'm listening right now, and it is pretty damn good.
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Any of you guys heard the new shit? I'm listening right now, and it is pretty damn good.

indeed it is. I love the title and the album cover too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/AllofaSudden.jpg
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    its pretty good
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    I just picked up Strange, Innocence tonight. I've heard most of it, but I'm excited to spin the actual disc, and then order The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place double vinyl.
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Dick Jones wrote:
    I just picked up Strange, Innocence tonight. I've heard most of it, but I'm excited to spin the actual disc, and then order The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place double vinyl.

I've been listening to that album tonight (the latter)...

RRRROOOOOOCCCKKKK!
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i like this band - will have to check out ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    this thing keeps growing on me the more i listen. possibly their best album so far.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    Did anyone catch them on Conan last night? They were pretty good. I don't know what song they did though???
  • Options
    I am waiting to see these guys live. Going to check dates now.
    Are you going to the Chicago show?
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    I am!

You going?

I cannot wait. I love watching instrumental bands live.

What else do you listen to Avocado Lady??? Any other instrumental bands?
  • Options
    I'm going to try...I didn't get tickets, but I'm hoping I can just get one outside. I'm kind of new to them, but I did tape the Conan performance last night.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    I can't wait for this album. I just received two of their albums ('Those Who Tell The Truth.....' and 'The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place') on vinyl in the mail last week and they sound so great.

I'm going to see them live for the first time in Toronto at the end of March and I'm so excited.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    The Wilderness is an awesome album!!!
    I'm ISO the splatter vinyl from their tour last year if anyone has a copy they'd be willing to part with??
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25