Options

Local H = AMAZING!!!

onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
edited October 2005 in Other Music
After years of listening to them and collecting live shows...I finally got the privelage of seeing this amazing band live!!!! In a small setting of about 200 people Local H were amazing!!!
The show was incredible. I met both Brian and Scott...seemed to be really cool guys, the show was amazing and the crowd was amazing. So much energy...the band was tight...sans a couple of tech problems the show was flawless. They just secured their spot as one of my top bands of all time....number 2 probably...next to only Pearl Jam....;)

Also....when I walked in I was handed a list of all their songs and I was asked to pick 7 of my favorites!! The played the most commonly requested songs!!! A really cool idea!!

Anyway....If youve never heard Local H check them out!!!! you wont be sorry...:D

Heres the setlist:

Dont Darlene (Rocket from the Crypt cover)
Everyone Alive
Heaven on the Way down/Eddie Vedder
5000,scovilles/What cani tell you
California songs
toxic
bound for the floor
heavy metal bakesale
user
all right
cha said kitty
R&R professionals
Hey rita
Hi Fiving MF
-
Static Age
Joey
"...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    onejourney wrote:
    Dont Darlene (Rocket from the Crypt cover)
    damn, I need to hear this somehow.

Listened to Here Comes the Zoo on my way into work this morning.
  • Options
    transplant wrote:

I think it'll go up at live music archive soon. They have quite a lot of shows there. Trade-friendly bands rule.;)

And I seriously need to pick up a Local H album. Only have one of theirs.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • Options
    transplant wrote:

Yeah...Id keep checking the archive. There was at least 1 audio taper there....and a guy right next to me (touching the stage...was video taping the whole show...had a great view of Scott the whole time....so make sure to be on the look out!! ;)

And much applause on Here comes the Zoo!!!! One of my favorite records!!! Hands on the Bible is probably my favorite H song...but sadly they didnt play it...:( But an amazing show none the less....:)
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    I think it'll go up at live music archive soon. They have quite a lot of shows there. Trade-friendly bands rule.;)

And I seriously need to pick up a Local H album. Only have one of theirs.

Trade friendly bands do rule!!! And by all means pick up as many Local H albums as possible!! They wont dissapoint!! ;) Their new live album just came out and it is REALLY good!!
  • Options
    gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 140
    For those of you that live in NW IN, they are playing at McCool's in Portage on 10/29. I'm considering going....just need to find a babysitter and someone to go with.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • Options
    gtbrown77 wrote:
    For those of you that live in NW IN, they are playing at McCool's in Portage on 10/29. I'm considering going....just need to find a babysitter and someone to go with.

Find a babysitter....but if you cant find anyone to go with...go alone!!!! I went to this show by myself and I had a blast!!! Went to a Pearl Jam show by myself last tour and I almost prefer it!!! JUst a thought....its not worth missing a show just because you cant find someone to go with....:)