Options

AUDIOSLAVE to hit the road in '06 BEFORE new album....

VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
edited January 2006 in Other Music
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46378

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE is getting ready to enter the studio and begin recording its third album, just eight months after the release of its second effort, "Out of Exile". Lead singer Chris Cornell told Launch that the band doesn't plan to stay off the road for very long, even while recording the new album. "Probably before that record comes out we'll be out playing shows again," he said. "The idea is just to break down what has been the normal cycle of a year and a half on the road, a year and a half making a record, not get so far away from one world or the other world. I think that that makes better music, I think it makes for a better live show, I think it makes a better band.":D:D:D

Cornell posted a message at the band's official web site just before the holidays in which he wrote, "We are very happy to be recording so quickly after 'Out of Exile' was released. Not long after this we will be back out on the road. Thanks so much for your continued support. See you all next year!"
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46378

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE is getting ready to enter the studio and begin recording its third album, just eight months after the release of its second effort, "Out of Exile". Lead singer Chris Cornell told Launch that the band doesn't plan to stay off the road for very long, even while recording the new album. "Probably before that record comes out we'll be out playing shows again," he said. "The idea is just to break down what has been the normal cycle of a year and a half on the road, a year and a half making a record, not get so far away from one world or the other world. I think that that makes better music, I think it makes for a better live show, I think it makes a better band.":D:D:D

Cornell posted a message at the band's official web site just before the holidays in which he wrote, "We are very happy to be recording so quickly after 'Out of Exile' was released. Not long after this we will be back out on the road. Thanks so much for your continued support. See you all next year!"

:eek: :eek: :eek: WHAAAAAAT???? WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I can't wait till he gets his sexy ass up to the great white north again!!!
    Thanks Lydi!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Awwww Hellllll yeah!!! :D:D

Great news yet again, and I cannot wait until they tour again..unbelievable shows they put on. This is really going to be a great year music wise. To see the boys again..soooo nice that will be. :D:D:D

Thanks for the news Vedhead!!:)
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,729
    Audioslave and PJ on the road together in '06? :eek: i can dream, can't i?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    PJammin' wrote:

Your not the only one dreaming of it. Hey, it could happen.
    :D
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,729
    VON wrote:
    Your not the only one dreaming of it. Hey, it could happen.
    :D

ALRIGHT, VON...I LIKE YOUR STYLE. CHEERS, MATE! HOPE IT DOES!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    PJammin' wrote:

i always thought of how that would be the most practical and logical thing... just think how many different songs they could do, i mean, from different bands. potentially we could hear pearl jam, audioslave, rage against the machine and soundgarden stuff (which audioslave does anyways live) and dare i say it, temple of the dog!

(melts at the thought)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    i always thought of how that would be the most practical and logical thing... just think how many different songs they could do, i mean, from different bands. potentially we could hear pearl jam, audioslave, rage against the machine and soundgarden stuff (which audioslave does anyways live) and dare i say it, temple of the dog!

(melts at the thought)

Hunger strike encore!!!
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    this is good news, makes me feel like doing a beavis & butthead style iron man chant \m/\m/\m/\m/\m/ oh yes more beautiful lyrics from the genius Cornell to digest and savour, there is a large amount of anticipation growing in me this year, Audioslave, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Jerry Cantrell, Mudhoney just to name a few of the big hiters, a good year is on the horizon.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Thanks for sharing the GREAT news Lydia!!!!!!! :D:D:D

This made my day :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    :D:D:D

this is going to be one truly brilliant year of new music....and oh soooo many concerts! i love it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow