Options

Benaroya allowed on ebay now?

CanadianEHCanadianEH Posts: 134
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Has the Ten Club stopped banning people for selling Benaroya vinyl on Ebay? The keep popping up. Really, is it worth risking your membership?
Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    they have been popping up on ebay for years despite any measure they have taken. Just like the Ames books will keep popping up, the ITTW vinyls will, concert tickets, and all the other stuff.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646
    many have been sold on e-bay through the years - its a free market - nothing wrong with that.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223
    many have been sold on e-bay through the years - its a free market - nothing wrong with that.

???
  • Options
    don't think the 10c has any right to stop you from selling what is yours. you paid for it. you should be able to do what you want with it. the only thing you have to worry about is everybody bitching about it here when it shows up on ebay.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    don't think the 10c has any right to stop you from selling what is yours. you paid for it. you should be able to do what you want with it. the only thing you have to worry about is everybody bitching about it here when it shows up on ebay.

sure, you can do whatever you want, but don't think they don't have a right to revoke your club membership for violating their policies

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    yeah! i've already put the "in to the wild" vinyl up on ebay for sale and it doesn't even go on sale through the ten club until tomorrow. it already has over 100 bids! ; )
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • Options
    san pedro wrote:
    yeah! i've already put the "in to the wild" vinyl up on ebay for sale and it doesn't even go on sale through the ten club until tomorrow. it already has over 100 bids! ; )

Not a cool thing to do... The edition is limited, if you don´t want, let others have it..
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    I wonder how many people bitch about the server problems and the holiday single etc. and then go straight to e-bay anyway. I think memberships should be revoked especially since the 10C is seniority based for tickets.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I don't care if people sell "regular" PJ stuff on ebay.
    I don't care if people sell their benaroy if they need money (you may have bought it 4 years ago and need now some cash...).
    but I don't like people selling limited stuff on ebay, the day of release...
    The Kalusen polo was on sale the day fater the sale.
    Tickets for the VIc were on sale the day of the sale.
    ITW vinyls will be on ebay today.
    That sucks and those sellers should have their membership cancelled.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Julien wrote:
    I don't care if people sell their benaroy if they need money (you may have bought it 4 years ago and need now some cash...).

I totally agree with all of that.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    The only difference between the person who will list ITW on e-bay today and the one that will list it sealed in a couple of years is that the later is smarter because it's gona be rarer and thus more expensive in some time.
  • Options
    Mine wrote:
    The only difference between the person who will list ITW on e-bay today and the one that will list it sealed in a couple of years is that the later is smarter because it's gona be rarer and thus more expensive in some time.
    Most of time, certainly. But you know some people sold their benaroya box because they needed money. Some have been really dissapointed to be obliged to sell it. while some have been very happy to make $400-500...
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    Most of time, certainly. But you know some people sold their benaroya box because they needed money. Some have been really dissapointed to be obliged to sell it. while some have been very happy to make $400-500...
    I agree, definitely, but that's an exception.
    Keeping it sealed on the shelf usually means investment for the future. The Benaroya vinyl is worth so much that it's almost sacrilegious to open it and play it and that sucks. I don't have the set btw.
    I'm getting ITW to play it in the 1st place. I've seen every now and then people pointing at PJ vinyl buyers as fanatical collectors while many buy vinyl because it sounds damn good.
    That's wrong and those who sell their exclusive 10c stuff on e-bay and such are responsible for this because they made records an expensive merchandise and most don't even think of putting a needle on it and have their 5 sealed copies per album on their shelves.
    I think PJ's catalogue on vinyl is among the hardest to get of their (and current) period.

It's Spin the black circle not Sell the black circle on e-bay for 10 times the price, right ;)
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    they have been popping up on ebay for years despite any measure they have taken. Just like the Ames books will keep popping up, the ITTW vinyls will, concert tickets, and all the other stuff.

Are you trying to tell me that people buy stuff from the 10C and then turn around and sell it??????????
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Are you trying to tell me that people buy stuff from the 10C and then turn around and sell it??????????
    Noo !!! this never happens....
  • Options
    I missed the Benaroya when it sold here.

I'm glad someone sold it to me, where the fuck else would I get it???

Buying something, then selling it for a profit, isn't even illegal in communist countries right?
    the Minions
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    lobistico wrote:
    Not a cool thing to do... The edition is limited, if you don´t want, let others have it..

I'm pretty sure san pedro was kidding.

Mine wrote:
    I agree, definitely, but that's an exception.
    Keeping it sealed on the shelf usually means investment for the future. The Benaroya vinyl is worth so much that it's almost sacrilegious to open it and play it and that sucks.

As an audiophile, I think it's sacrilegious to have a copy if you don't ever plan to open and play it. Any copies that are kept sealed on the shelf just as a collector's item are a waste a fine vinyl. I have it and it does get played once in a while.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    What is this EBAY that everyone speaks of? Is in on the eastern seaboard?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    I don´t understand... Does 10C punish somehow users who sell stuff on ebay??
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Julien wrote:

i agree...
  • Options
    ed250red250r Posts: 4
    I just can't seem to part withmy PJ stuff.. But I think if you have some things for a while or end up needing some money later on, well you gotta do what you have to..But don't be the guy selling limited items the same day or right after.. Or better yet " I have 20 of theese".. There is a difference...

Sell a few things years later( a poster , a number record, whatever ) = a person who needs cash or space.

Sell things that day or hard to get stuff soon after. = a**hole.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    lobistico wrote:
    I don´t understand... Does 10C punish somehow users who sell stuff on ebay??

posters, for example, are sold with the verbage in the announcement that it's one per member not for resale. so, if you abuse your membership and buy for the sole purpose of listing it on ebay for a profit, they kinda frown on that. what can they do about it? well, they can state it, then they can revoke your membership if you don't comply with the terms of the membership.

rumor has it that they've actually done it before

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged