Options

The only reason I care about Eddie not being nominated for an Oscar...

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited January 2008 in The Porch
...is because I really wanted to see him perform "Guaranteed" at the Awards Show (assuming that strike issues would be resolved and the show would actually air).

I'm seriously anxious to hear some of these songs performed live. The only time they have been was the private function in L.A., but it appears nobody recorded any of that. :(
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I agree. I'd love to hear Into the Wild live. I'm sure we will soon, at least bits of it.
    Astoria 2006, Reading 2006, Wembley 2007.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Considering there's still a writer's strike, Eddie wouldn't cross the picket line anyway.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    theres no way the studios let this strike put an end to the oscars... theyll negotiate by then... its gone on long enough to begin with... its just a matter of will now and the oscars brings way to much recognition to those movies for the studios not to give in... i couldnt really see ed having that great of a time performing there anyway... and i couldnt see me really enjoying seeing him in such a sterile environment... still a shame he didnt get recognized... but i wont lose sleep over it
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    ...is because I really wanted to see him perform "Guaranteed" at the Awards Show (assuming that strike issues would be resolved and the show would actually air).

I'm seriously anxious to hear some of these songs performed live. The only time they have been was the private function in L.A., but it appears nobody recorded any of that. :(
    words..
    I didn't care he'd won..but I really wanted to hear the performance!
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i couldnt see me really enjoying seeing him in such a sterile environment...

I don't know. Although I agree with that statement in terms of most PJ songs, I think "Guaranteed" would be very enjoyable in a quiet, sit-down, "sterile" environment. It's all about the power of the words and the strum of the guitar; the venue or surroundings don't matter in the same way as they would for, say, "Do the Evolution"

I thought Eddie and Neil doing "Long Road" for the Tribute to Heroes 9/11 benefit was absolutely beautiful, and that was about as "sterile" an environment as you can get!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options

And everytime they are "due" to be played live something happens. Maybe they're bad luck.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."