The poster Drops

2

Comments

  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,476
    RS65573 said:
    Saying you are going to be devastated if you don't get a print that every collector is going for is setting yourself up for....devastation.  (Especially if you miss out on all of the drops)
    Sorry, just sayin'.

    Perhaps you should come up with other things to hope for, you might be happier.

    That stated, I hope that you can get one from Rome, hate to see anyone devastated by missing a poster.  (Thanks for not saying you would be gutted, though.)

    OH, the "gutted" comment usually having to do with not being able to buy something collectible. I was devastated when my mom died. I was also gutted. I have never been gutted or devastated because I couldn't buy something. Bummed or disappointed, yes.
    Agree.  I remember using that term last year, early in the year, when I got off the phone with my godfather/uncle and he shared about his stage 4 cancer and his fears of leaving behind his 3 young daughters after his wife passed away 15 years ago due to breast cancer.

    He died this year.




    Just lost my dad to stage 4 lung cancer, sorry for your loss.
    My dad went that way as well, sucks, and I am sorry for your loss.
    We all go some way but cancer is a motherfucker.
    It sure is. 
    And it seems like that's how most of us will go, the way things are going these days. 
    It's not a pleasant end of life either. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 14,211
    RS65573 said:
    Saying you are going to be devastated if you don't get a print that every collector is going for is setting yourself up for....devastation.  (Especially if you miss out on all of the drops)
    Sorry, just sayin'.

    Perhaps you should come up with other things to hope for, you might be happier.

    That stated, I hope that you can get one from Rome, hate to see anyone devastated by missing a poster.  (Thanks for not saying you would be gutted, though.)

    OH, the "gutted" comment usually having to do with not being able to buy something collectible. I was devastated when my mom died. I was also gutted. I have never been gutted or devastated because I couldn't buy something. Bummed or disappointed, yes.
    Agree.  I remember using that term last year, early in the year, when I got off the phone with my godfather/uncle and he shared about his stage 4 cancer and his fears of leaving behind his 3 young daughters after his wife passed away 15 years ago due to breast cancer.

    He died this year.




    Just lost my dad to stage 4 lung cancer, sorry for your loss.
    My dad went that way as well, sucks, and I am sorry for your loss.
    We all go some way but cancer is a motherfucker.
    It sure is. 
    And it seems like that's how most of us will go, the way things are going these days. 
    It's not a pleasant end of life either. 
    Makes a poster mean nothing, right?!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,463
    RS65573 said:
    Saying you are going to be devastated if you don't get a print that every collector is going for is setting yourself up for....devastation.  (Especially if you miss out on all of the drops)
    Sorry, just sayin'.

    Perhaps you should come up with other things to hope for, you might be happier.

    That stated, I hope that you can get one from Rome, hate to see anyone devastated by missing a poster.  (Thanks for not saying you would be gutted, though.)

    OH, the "gutted" comment usually having to do with not being able to buy something collectible. I was devastated when my mom died. I was also gutted. I have never been gutted or devastated because I couldn't buy something. Bummed or disappointed, yes.
    Agree.  I remember using that term last year, early in the year, when I got off the phone with my godfather/uncle and he shared about his stage 4 cancer and his fears of leaving behind his 3 young daughters after his wife passed away 15 years ago due to breast cancer.

    He died this year.




    Just lost my dad to stage 4 lung cancer, sorry for your loss.
    My dad went that way as well, sucks, and I am sorry for your loss.
    We all go some way but cancer is a motherfucker.
    It sure is. 
    And it seems like that's how most of us will go, the way things are going these days. 
    It's not a pleasant end of life either. 
    Makes a poster mean nothing, right?!
    Amen to that. 
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,476
    Yup.
    Makes a lot of things in life mean nothing. Really makes you ponder your own mortality.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,097
    Lost my dad to cancer in 2015. Went and saw the Eagles in concert not long after. Dad’s favorite band. I couldn’t handle it and left. Still can’t listen to the Eagles.

    I wonder if PJ will have that effect on my kid someday. I hope not.

    Anyway, posters.... yeah.... not very important in the grand scheme of things. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 2,272
    Am I the only one who can’t wait to see if he missed this drop? 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    Am I the only one who can’t wait to see if he missed this drop? 
    :rofl:

    I don't think that SLH's post was clear enough!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 3,274
    Did you get the Prague, OP?

    If not, there's an EMEK, 2 Euro, and a bunch of older posters just sitting there.

    Also, sorry for everyone's respective losses.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 492
    Yep, i missed it.  I can't be at my computer all day, and I was called out for a meeting.  I guess
    a lot of people find it funny, but thats just how it is.  Wish I could have got it.  Thats one of my
    favorite prints.  Thanks for asking though.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,097
    unknown said:
    Yep, i missed it.  I can't be at my computer all day, and I was called out for a meeting.  I guess
    a lot of people find it funny, but thats just how it is.  Wish I could have got it.  Thats one of my
    favorite prints.  Thanks for asking though.
    I think people found it funny about being "devastated".  Not that you missed it.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 2,457
    Sorry you missed it man. I did too. 
    You gotta admit though, it is kinda funny that Santos even posted on your thread and you still missed. 
    Good luck in your future plans tho
  • unknownunknown Posts: 492
    yeah and i appreciate him doing that, i just had to go run an errand.  its just hard as most of you know
    trying to be online at the exact time he posts something.  i hope i luck and out and get the rome print.

  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BCPosts: 4,650

    :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 3,274
    unknown said:
    Yep, i missed it.  I can't be at my computer all day, and I was called out for a meeting.  I guess
    a lot of people find it funny, but thats just how it is.  Wish I could have got it.  Thats one of my
    favorite prints.  Thanks for asking though.
    Seattle EMEK make your Top 20 from this run or only the Rome?
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, ILPosts: 1,552
    I used to score on some poster drops when I worked 2nd shift. Now that I have a normal daytime job, I think it's pretty much impossible.
  • Sarava said:
    I used to score on some poster drops when I worked 2nd shift. Now that I have a normal daytime job, I think it's pretty much impossible.
    That Jawa is impossible.

    Utinni!!!!
  • unknownunknown Posts: 492
    well honestly the rome is the one i want most, but i know it going to be tough.  I love the
    seattle emek poster as well.  I was hoping i would score one from the klausen site but had
    no luck there either. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 3,274
    unknown said:
    well honestly the rome is the one i want most, but i know it going to be tough.  I love the
    seattle emek poster as well.  I was hoping i would score one from the klausen site but had
    no luck there either. 
    Well shit, fella, today is your lucky day...

    https://pearljam.com/shop/posters/2018-seattle-home-show-poster-emek
  • Mike D88Mike D88 TampaPosts: 504
    how is that thing still up there
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 406
    Mike D88 said:
    how is that thing still up there
    This is going to be that poster I wish I got when I could. Will surely disappear soon. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 5,543
    What's a "drop" ? And how do I get one?
  • I’m feeling lazy, what euros besides Roma haven’t dropped on 10C?
    I mean I dare you to sing "Black" and not feel it.
    I dare you.
    I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough.
    It doesn't work.
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 53,834
    Lucky One said:
    I’m feeling lazy, what euros besides Roma haven’t dropped on 10C?
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6811773/#Comment_6811773
    Kearn5y said:
    Lisbon
    Madrid 
    Barcelona
    London 2
    Berlin
    Krakow
    Rome


  • Oh wow, I thought there was less.  Thanks!
    I mean I dare you to sing "Black" and not feel it.
    I dare you.
    I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough.
    It doesn't work.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MOPosts: 124
    What's a "drop" ? And how do I get one?
    Eat spicy food.
  • What's a "drop" ? And how do I get one?
    Go to the park.
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Lakeside Park, KYPosts: 142
    Please drop more.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ONPosts: 5,993

    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

    "Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

    1996: Toronto
    1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto
    2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena)
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall)
    2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City
    2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland
    2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre)
    2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2
    2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4
    2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford
    2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford
    2014: Detroit, Moline
    2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival)
    2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1
    2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction)
    2018: Chicago 1, Fenway 1
  • grab that EMEK....be quick like a bunny! 

    (there you just scored)
2
Sign In or Register to comment.