Options

Rock Werchter Stream?

BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
Can’t tell if they’ll show pj, but they are streaming Jack Johnson on the main stage now:

http://live.rockwerchter.be/nl/channel2

Pearl Jam takes stage around 2pm pst, I think. 

Comments

• Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,390
    They're not listed under 'Confirmed Live Streams' so who knows :(
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Anyway lovin’ It, Thank You @BloodMeridian80 !!
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Ed on with jack johnson now

• Options
    You’re welcome! Though I fear, like other festival streams, they won’t show headliners:(

But here’s to hoping!
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Constellations with ev right now!
  • Options
    Excellent!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,522
    Constellations with ev right now!
    That was terrific!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,390
    Caught the last minute of it. Beautiful :)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,168
    It would be amazing if they streamed PJ's set.  Unfortunately PJ have a history of not letting their shows stream when the rest of a fesitival does.   Similar to Pinkpop a few weeks ago.  Somehow ollapalooza Brazil is the only festival in recent history I can recall streaming in its entirety.
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Zod said:
    It would be amazing if they streamed PJ's set.  Unfortunately PJ have a history of not letting their shows stream when the rest of a fesitival does.   Similar to Pinkpop a few weeks ago.  Somehow ollapalooza Brazil is the only festival in recent history I can recall streaming in its entirety.
    Yep. Let's hope they break that history tonight. Why not anyway? We'll still buy the boots. They know that right?
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    I wonder if the festival has some say in whether a performer will be streamed. 

I remember watching a Chicago Lollapalooza stream sometime in the 00’s. Seems like the band would be down with a live stream.
  • Options

I remember watching a Chicago Lollapalooza stream sometime in the 00’s. Seems like the band would be down with a live stream.
    Maybe?  I don't think they have a lot of leverage, but it might weaken, because of how hard it is to book headlining caliber acts these days.   PJ originally didn't give permissions for the Lollapalooza 2013 brazil stream, but due to fans protesting, they let it air on a later date (which was awesome because it's one of the best proshot PJ recordings out there).    Unfortunately those have been few and far between.   They definitely prefer not to have their video aired, but sometimes they lose that battle.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    edited July 2018

they did stream lolla 07, and comments ed made during the show about george bush got censored, so perhaps this is why they've since had so few.
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    AndySlash said:

they did stream lolla 07, and comments ed made during the show about george bush got censored, so perhaps this is why they've since had so few.
    nah, the band didn't like video much before that either.   There's not a wealth of videos before or after 2007 (TV or streaming).   Foo Fighters are the opposite. They love publicity and being on TV/Streaming.   Proshot videos galore :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    Seems like the band would be down with a live stream.
    Their last live stream was Lollapalooza 2018 Brazil on March 24th. Strange they were able to do one down in South America but they can't do at least one in Europe this summer?

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    demetrios said:
    Their last live stream was Lollapalooza 2018 Brazil on March 24th. Strange they were able to do one down in South America but they can't do at least one in Europe this summer?

Is it up to them though, or the festival? Do Werchter stream/air the concerts this/any year?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    demetrios said:

Is it up to them though, or the festival? Do Werchter stream/air the concerts this/any year?
    It's up to the band.