Options

Wrigley weekend is Chicago Air Show too

tup30tup30 Posts: 115
pretty cool, but that should impact hotel room cost and availability for Sat Aug 18.  and probably Sun Aug 19. 

i just booked our hotel downtown for Fri-Tue since we are going to both shows, i was concerned supply would dwindle as Midwesterners solidify their regional vacation plans. room prices for thst timeframe were ok, not great (although I only searched downtoon/loop rooms) 

the CAS is pretty awesome, it was held during the '16 Wrigley weekend also. it made waiting several hours in the merch line worthwhile! 

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Clearly you did not stand in the merch line on Saturday morning of Wrigley 16 .  4 hours and 15 minutes of monsoon rain and intermittent lightning. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    deadendp said:
    Clearly you did not stand in the merch line on Saturday morning of Wrigley 16 .  4 hours and 15 minutes of monsoon rain and intermittent lightning. 
    Hahaha.  This was what I lived.  4 hour merch lines are just so much fun!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    tup30 said:
    pretty cool, but that should impact hotel room cost and availability for Sat Aug 18.  and probably Sun Aug 19. 

i just booked our hotel downtown for Fri-Tue since we are going to both shows, i was concerned supply would dwindle as Midwesterners solidify their regional vacation plans. room prices for thst timeframe were ok, not great (although I only searched downtoon/loop rooms) 

the CAS is pretty awesome, it was held during the '16 Wrigley weekend also. it made waiting several hours in the merch line worthwhile! 

Never a shortage of rooms, plenty of good deals on Priceline and Hotwire
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    we were there around noon until 4 or so.  no rain.  brutally slow moving line. 

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Waiting in the merch line....
  • Options

A lil waterlogged.

I assure you that it rained most of the time we were there.  @SD48277 and @lolobugg will back me on that.  My loving husband told me,  "You people are fucking crazy."  
  • Options
    were you at the March tent by the fire station?  we hit that one after the show... 20 minute line!  

we were on a LF  rooftop, which is my avatar. 
  • Options
    We were across from Wrigley on Waveland, if I recall correctly. I have no idea where the fire station was.  
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    deadendp said:

A lil waterlogged.

I assure you that it rained most of the time we were there.  @SD48277 and @lolobugg will back me on that.  My loving husband told me,  "You people are fucking crazy."  

Yes. would like to thank Amy for the ponchos. no thanks to Mr Tsurt

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore