Options

Ending of Shows

WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 533
I will preface this with the.... yes we are so lucky they are touring, yes I am lucky to be going, and of course I want them to play what they like best because that will sound best. However! If the entire band were to just ask.... I feel it is time to change up the ending of the show. Don't completely retire yellow led, baba, rockin', indifference... but there are some other options. I remember posting (which i do not do often as some ppl are way over the top on here) when Avocado came out that I heard some songs a bit earlier than release. People were on the boards saying Come Back was no good. My post was taken down but for a time, people saw that I had written the song was so good along with Unthought Known that they could enter the special end of set 1 realm, or even be part of the vaunted set 2!! Unthought Known is sick live as we see years after its release!! Come Back is a wonderful slow mix it up emotional song. SO! without adding to many more words... what are some songs that could now belong at the end of the set? Would it be new covers? Or originally band material. It seems as if Roger Waters kinda said to the band- you guys carry the torch for this one now (and its amazing live, mike is so amazing). My other thoughts for band material are: sliding Betterman back, and getting in something RIot Act-Lightning Bolt in its place, (I happen to love Lightning Bolt live that should be a mainstay!), Present Tense, All those Yesterdays, Thumbing my Way somewhere towards end, Hide your Love Away, I am a Patriot (slow), Unthought Known, Wasted Reprise into Life Wasted, Got Some (in last 3), Dissident, I got Id, and lastly my killer combo. Nothing as it Seems into Do the Evolution. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I agree I’m happy they are still touring but I think they’ve been mailing in the song choices (not the performances) for the second encore since the 08 tour. It would be awesome for them to change it up a bit. ::ducks::
    4/30/03 7/8/03 7/9/03 7/14/03 9/28/04 9/29/04 9/15/05 5/13/06 6/01/06 6/02/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/27/08 7/1/08 8/4/08 8/5/08 6/8/09 5/19/2010 5/20/2010 5/21/2010 6/22/2011 10/25/2013 8/5/2016 9/2/2018
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,252
    I wish I got indifference more.  25 shows, have had it once.   Ledbetter never gets old, plus without it, you never have those amazing moments where they bust out one more after it :)
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 533
    Yeah man, not hating at all. Theres just so much Pearl Jam out there. I dont want b-sides or anything at the end. But the end of the shows is such a moment. Def missing Crazy Mary and Love Boat captain as well
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    They should end with daughter

I did
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As someone who has been a fan of this band for close to 20 years, yet seen them only twice...honestly, I'd be good with whatever this woman is given - more than she has already received.

Opener, closer wishes?  Sure, passing thoughts (unknown).  But I am neither picky nor choosy.

• Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Pearl Jam shows should always open with Release and close with Yellow Ledbetter IMO. That should be the single consistency with all setlists, otherwise change it up! Bring out the deep cuts!

I agree that the second encore as a whole should be changed up a ton more than it is now. I'm hoping for that this summer. Suggestions for songs to go into the Encore 2: In Hiding, Whipping, Not for You, Present Tense, Immortality, Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, and All Those Yesterdays.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    I agree I’m happy they are still touring but I think they’ve been mailing in the song choices (not the performances) for the second encore since the 08 tour. It would be awesome for them to change it up a bit. ::ducks::
    No need to duck
    its 100% correct 
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Little Wing in Charlottesville was a great closer. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    Agree with OP. Mix it up.