Comments

• Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    ski-bum said:
    MP59559 said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    next to the number should put the forum member name (least that's what i would have done) but it's up to you
    Why would it matter?
    It doesn’t, just thought it would be interesting/cool to see which members have which numbers.  In numerical order, that’s all.

In retrospect, Why would you just posting the numbers matter?

it’s all good man :smile:
    You know what your number is and know how far up the list you'll be compared to everyone else.
    I'm about 1/3 of the way from the front. Sat in sec B4 last time.
    Your right, It doesn't really matter. It was a big enough pain listing all the numbers, adding everyone's name would have just doubled it.

Wouldn't TC need to disclose how many tickets they sold and in which sections to get a good estimate?
    This is only to see how you stack up against other 10c members who are going the same night as you are.
     A lot of low numbers tend to come to Boston because they know they'll get great seats.
     It seems like more than ever this year.
    There are only 3 five digit numbers going to Seattle and like 6 going to Chicago, so far
    Look at all the five digits going to Boston. 22.

Someday, they should have a show with floor seating just for member numbers 540K and up. ;)

No, I don't really think this, I'm just jealous of all the low numbers who will always have better seats than me. (I know, I could get lucky and get row 1, 2, 9, or 10, but I never get that lucky.)

How is this system any better than scalping? A few smart fans are rewarded best seats every tour every show, and the majority of fans are locked out of top seats. Instead of with pricing, its done with seniority.   

Seniority deserves it's privileges, but not every show every tour. I love the band and their fans but this system is brutal.

Your post makes no sense what so ever.
    How is giving your longest loyal customers tickets anything like someone buying tickets just to make a huge profit them?
    Maybe you should have joined about 25 years ago and you'd have a completely different attitude.

Stop making absurd arguments, unless you have a time travel machine. The ticket distribution & seat location system that exists now did not exist their first 15 years. And some fans are not interested in a blind purchase system. TC has made two major changes in recent years that prove there is valid criticism of TC ticket policies.

Brokers give any fan a free market chance to get good seats. TC does not provide any chance to many fans and now controls supply of most prime seats. More restrictive. Sad!
    OK
    That says it all. Your FOR the scalpers, I mean brokers.
    10C is making sure the tickets get into the hands of their fans. 
    Not some "broker" who is trying to make a buck on them.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    MP59559 said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    next to the number should put the forum member name (least that's what i would have done) but it's up to you
    Why would it matter?
    It doesn’t, just thought it would be interesting/cool to see which members have which numbers.  In numerical order, that’s all.

You know what your number is and know how far up the list you'll be compared to everyone else.
    Your right, It doesn't really matter. It was a big enough pain listing all the numbers, adding everyone's name would have just doubled it.

Wouldn't TC need to disclose how many tickets they sold and in which sections to get a good estimate?
    This is only to see how you stack up against other 10c members who are going the same night as you are.
     A lot of low numbers tend to come to Boston because they know they'll get great seats.
    There are only 3 five digit numbers going to Seattle and like 6 going to Chicago, so far

Someday, they should have a show with floor seating just for member numbers 540K and up. ;)

No, I don't really think this, I'm just jealous of all the low numbers who will always have better seats than me. (I know, I could get lucky and get row 1, 2, 9, or 10, but I never get that lucky.)

How is this system any better than scalping? A few smart fans are rewarded best seats every tour every show, and the majority of fans are locked out of top seats. Instead of with pricing, its done with seniority.   

Seniority deserves it's privileges, but not every show every tour. I love the band and their fans but this system is brutal.

How is giving your longest loyal customers tickets anything like someone buying tickets just to make a huge profit them?
    Maybe you should have joined about 25 years ago and you'd have a completely different attitude.

Stop making absurd arguments, unless you have a time travel machine. The ticket distribution & seat location system that exists now did not exist their first 15 years. And some fans are not interested in a blind purchase system. TC has made two major changes in recent years that prove there is valid criticism of TC ticket policies.

Brokers give any fan a free market chance to get good seats. TC does not provide any chance to many fans and now controls supply of most prime seats. More restrictive. Sad!
    OK

Seats into the hands of only specific fans that made a smart call many years ago the band would be able to take control of their best seats, an unprecedented move at that time. Some of us never liked a blind purchase system.

I am not for the brokers. Many bands have VIP and Platinum tickets near the stage directly accessible to all thru the official ticket system

Any willing fan has access to these tickets, and the money goes directly to the shows production.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    MP59559 said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    Why would it matter?

OK

Seats into the hands of only specific fans that made a smart call many years ago the band would be able to take control of their best seats, an unprecedented move at that time. Some of us never liked a blind purchase system.

I am not for the brokers. Many bands have VIP and Platinum tickets near the stage directly accessible to all thru the official ticket system

Any willing fan has access to these tickets, and the money goes directly to the shows production.
    Do you copy/paste this into every thread or just the 6-8 I've had the good fortune to be following?
  • Options
    211XXX both nights. Crazy that I have been in the club for like 18 years or so and barely crack the top half of the list at 43%. Everyone who joined before 2000 isn't letting go at this point. We are in this to the end. 
  • Options
    mojamom2mojamom2 Posts: 73
    edited February 2018
    Night 2:  297,xxx

Post edited by mojamom2 on
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Lowkees13 said:
    213XXX
    Both Nights
    Whattup, @Lowkees13?!? Fellow 213xxx'er checking in for both nights :rock_on:
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    pjl44 said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    MP59559 said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    Why would it matter?

OK

Do you copy/paste this into every thread or just the 6-8 I've had the good fortune to be following?
    You have to wonder why he's so upset.....lol
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2018
    Anyone need a +1 for N2? Decided to make the trip last minute. I have a Seattle N2 GA to trade or cash! Ideally looking for a turf ticket
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693

The above statement assumes that early fans who consistently re-upped were betting on seating preference in the future. 
      I think we re-upped because we love PJ and wanted to remain connected to the band through the club; whatever benefits the band chose
      to throw our way. Seniority now because I stayed in the 10 Club since 91 is fantastic; but it was never my primary focus. I just like this band.
  • Options
    320xxx .. night 1 ticketmaster section 32. night 2.. won lottery Turf A5 Row 2!!! wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!
    "if you hate something don't you do it too.." "You wanta toe? i can get you toe. Believe me there are ways Dude.."
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    Drdeal said:

The above statement assumes that early fans who consistently re-upped were betting on seating preference in the future. 
      I think we re-upped because we love PJ and wanted to remain connected to the band through the club; whatever benefits the band chose
      to throw our way. Seniority now because I stayed in the 10 Club since 91 is fantastic; but it was never my primary focus. I just like this band.
    The only issue I have with the seniority-based seating is that just because someone hasn't been in the club for the past 25 years, that doesn't necessarily make them less of a fan. I joined in 2000, but have let my membership lapse a couple of times. In the mid-2000s I was nearly broke, and maintaining my membership became secondary to keeping my power on (which I had trouble doing). Even back then, tickets were the big perk of membership, but I couldn't afford to go to a show, so that didn't seem so important to me. So, now, I'm pretty much relegated to the nosebleeds for any show I go to, but I'd rather get nosebleed seats through the Ten Club than have to deal with TicketMaster.

And, I do get rewarding longevity; I have fully accepted my number in the 500Ks and would never advocate that I should get my 200K number back. I do, however, like to think that if I had been in the Ten Club for the past 20 years and routinely sat ~10 rows from the stage, I wouldn't be upset if the band decided to give fans with higher numbers a chance (even more so than the 1, 2, 9, 10 lottery) to sit up close at the expense of my view, but who knows?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    mpedone said:
    Drdeal said:

The only issue I have with the seniority-based seating is that just because someone hasn't been in the club for the past 25 years, that doesn't necessarily make them less of a fan. I joined in 2000, but have let my membership lapse a couple of times. In the mid-2000s I was nearly broke, and maintaining my membership became secondary to keeping my power on (which I had trouble doing). Even back then, tickets were the big perk of membership, but I couldn't afford to go to a show, so that didn't seem so important to me. So, now, I'm pretty much relegated to the nosebleeds for any show I go to, but I'd rather get nosebleed seats through the Ten Club than have to deal with TicketMaster.

And, I do get rewarding longevity; I have fully accepted my number in the 500Ks and would never advocate that I should get my 200K number back. I do, however, like to think that if I had been in the Ten Club for the past 20 years and routinely sat ~10 rows from the stage, I wouldn't be upset if the band decided to give fans with higher numbers a chance (even more so than the 1, 2, 9, 10 lottery) to sit up close at the expense of my view, but who knows?

they already have......... it is called GA.

and most of us long time members didn't have a problem with it.

but for seated shows... seniority is the best way to do it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mpedone said:
    Drdeal said:

It gets tricky because the seniority system deters scalping. The more you randomize seating, the more people will create accounts to take the gamble. Look at what people do with GA. More lottery entries mean your odds of getting tickets *at all* drops further. Which will then drive demand for even nosebleed seats.

It would probably be less of an issue if they were still doing large-scale tours, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    mpedone said:
    Drdeal said:

they already have......... it is called GA.

and most of us long time members didn't have a problem with it.

but for seated shows... seniority is the best way to do it.

After the Fenway shows this year, I'll have been to 11 shows. 2 of them had GA. So, yeah, GA is great, if the show has it.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    mpedone said:
    Drdeal said:

It gets tricky because the seniority system deters scalping. The more you randomize seating, the more people will create accounts to take the gamble. Look at what people do with GA. More lottery entries mean your odds of getting tickets *at all* drops further. Which will then drive demand for even nosebleed seats.

It would probably be less of an issue if they were still doing large-scale tours, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
    That makes sense. Like I said, I don't know that there's a better way, and I do appreciate the current lottery they have for floor seats for those of us who weren't as fortunate as people who've been able to maintain membership for the past 20+ years (especially this year). I guess I just also hope that people understand the frustrations of people in the 500K+ club.