Options

Tester hints at Pearl Jam 2018 campaign appearance

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918

By ABC FOX MT News Staff

With the announcement that Pearl Jam plays Missoula this summer, comes a hint that Sen. Jon Tester may be a special guest.

The Democrat seeks reelection to the U.S. Senate this year, and has previously been supported by Pearl Jam.

Tester and Jeff Ament, the band's bassist, are both from the small community of Big Sandy. Tester hinted at a possible campaign stop on his Instagram page, captioned: "The boys from Big Sandy are reuniting. Stay tuned... #montanamoment#tbt"

It wouldn't be the grunge band's first appearance in support of the senator. Pearl Jam played Missoula in 2005, when they appeared at the Adams Center to raise money for Tester's first Senate bid, and again in 2012, when proceeds from some  VIP ticket packages benefited Tester's campaign.

The boys from Big Sandy are reuniting. Stay tuned... #montanamoment #tbt

Comments

• Options
    sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 110
    Awesome!  I hope this comes through as hinted!  I was just wondering about this for this show.  I won the lotto and should be up near the front with my 18 year old kid getting ready to vote in his first election!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    Still calling them Grunge, ehh?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,585
    It bugs me a lot more than it probably should, lol. I absolutely hate the term.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    PJ_Soul said:
    lol!
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    PJ_Soul said:

tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16