Options

1/3/2018 psst....

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    jazzbo26 said:
    lolobugg said:
    help me out here....what is new at the link?

CD and Digital Versions of Vault #7 up for sale in the shop
    Must be a slow day if this is worthy of a Pssst?
    It’s a distracting tactic. Diverting attention from the 2016/2017 single controversy.
    Or maybe to divert attention from PJ colluding with Russia for potential 2018 Russian tour at the end of the scheduled European leg...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PP193448 said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    lolobugg said:

It’s a distracting tactic. Diverting attention from the 2016/2017 single controversy.
    Or maybe to divert attention from PJ colluding with Russia for potential 2018 Russian tour at the end of the scheduled European leg...
    Fake News from the Failing Deep Magazine. A good band like Three Doors Down could tour Russia at any time, but Crooked Eddie is too busy taking knees at shows and Pearl Jam attendance is declining. Disrespectful. SAD!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    PP193448 said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    lolobugg said:

Fake News from the Failing Deep Magazine. A good band like Three Doors Down could tour Russia at any time, but Crooked Eddie is too busy taking knees at shows and Pearl Jam attendance is declining. Disrespectful. SAD!
    hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Image result for that escalated quickly gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I ordered Soldier Field a few weeks ago - just got my shipping notice from Nugs. We'll see if they are silver. I don't really care though!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    PP193448 said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    lolobugg said:

:rofl::clap:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited January 2018
    PP193448 said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    lolobugg said:

Yes!!!
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    edited January 2018
    PB11041 said:
    I honestly don't get the fascination with silver cds (replicated) over cdr-s (duplicated) both are inferior life stage products, but the latter if you buy digital files and burn them yourself provides a level of control over what you own.  What bugs me is the price that nugs ends up driving on duplicated discs.  That is a rip off. 
    This is exactly why I have gone digital only. With FLAC I can burn my own discs for less than a dollar (plus the cost of the boot, of course).
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2018
    PB11041 said:
    I honestly don't get the fascination with silver cds (replicated) over cdr-s (duplicated) both are inferior life stage products, but the latter if you buy digital files and burn them yourself provides a level of control over what you own.  What bugs me is the price that nugs ends up driving on duplicated discs.  That is a rip off. 
    This is exactly why I have gone digital only. With FLAC I can burn my own discs for less than a dollar (plus the cost of the boot, of course).
    And I guess that is the reason I am not digital
    $17.98 for the CD
    or
    $14.99 for the Flac

I guess the $3 is worth it for me for the packaging, collectability and resale potential later down the road.

Couldn't you say if you were just wanting digital...
    Buy the the CD for $17.98, rip the files to flac.. and then resale the CD for $10 (Giving someone a great deal on a CD)
    thus giving you the same Flac files for only $7.98 (Half price)
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    PB11041 said:
    $17.98 for the CD
    or
    $14.99 for the Flac

I guess the $3 is worth it for me for the packaging, collectability and resale potential later down the road.

Buy the the CD for $17.98, rip the files to flac.. and then resale the CD for $10 (Giving someone a great deal on a CD)
    If the packaging was good, yes, but the packaging for the boots have been pretty poor post the 2000 series.  There really is nothing unique to them and the resale value of CDs (particularly with these also being almost always CDR) is very poor.  

• Options
    The 03 boots had the potential for awesome packaging, if not for those damn stickers.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The 03 boots had the potential for awesome packaging, if not for those damn stickers.

Agree
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    PB11041 said:
    $17.98 for the CD
    or
    $14.99 for the Flac

If the packaging was good, yes, but the packaging for the boots have been pretty poor post the 2000 series.  There really is nothing unique to them and the resale value of CDs (particularly with these also being almost always CDR) is very poor.  
    Well regarding the resale. I bet you could put a listing in the Lost Dogs section for just about any 2016 boot for $10 and it would sell in under an hour. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    PB11041 said:
    $17.98 for the CD
    or
    $14.99 for the Flac

I guess I should have clarified I that I used my analog bootleg code to knock 10 bucks off the FLAC price. However, I still paid for that when I renewed my subscription. Does the $17.98 include shipping? $3 isn't a bad deal for the reasons you listed.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    PB11041 said:
    $17.98 for the CD
    or
    $14.99 for the Flac

I guess I should have clarified I that I used my analog bootleg code to knock 10 bucks off the FLAC price. However, I still paid for that when I renewed my subscription. Does the $17.98 include shipping? $3 isn't a bad deal for the reasons you listed.
    Yea, $17.98 with free shipping in the US.
  • Options
    The ones who were widely released are great :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    In my order history there are 2 download links (for the mp3s). One main one (that has 30 songs) and one for Bonus downloads (that has 7 songs that are already in the main download... Everyday people to Yellow Led). Is there any difference between this second batch of songs and the same ones in the main download?
  • Options
    The ones who were widely released are great :)
    Indeed!  I still need to get me a copy of retail State College.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    PB11041 said:
    So what is the difference between CD and CDR? I know CD is what you buy from the store, and CDR is what you can burn at home, right? BUt what is the difference other than that?  Is there any real quality difference?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    So what is the difference between CD and CDR? I know CD is what you buy from the store, and CDR is what you can burn at home, right? BUt what is the difference other than that?  Is there any real quality difference?
    Real "silver" CDs are stamped from a glass master disc, not much different than how vinyl records are made.  The data is essentially encoded onto the injection molded disc.  With a CDR, a laser burns microscopic holes onto a dye layer of a premade disc, thus encoding the information. Replicated (silver) disc labels can be screen printed or sublimated, whereas CDRs are limited to inkjet printing.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Real "silver" CDs are stamped from a glass master disc, not much different than how vinyl records are made.  The data is essentially encoded onto the injection molded disc.  With a CDR, a laser burns microscopic holes onto a dye layer of a premade disc, thus encoding the information. Replicated (silver) disc labels can be screen printed or sublimated, whereas CDRs are limited to inkjet printing.

good answer! good answer!

Survey Says......

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Thanks for the info!
    Is there a quality difference in sound?
    And wtf is up with HD Flac now? Isnt Flac lossless, so how can you have something better than zero loss of data?
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Thanks for the info!
    And wtf is up with HD Flac now? Isnt Flac lossless, so how can you have something better than zero loss of data?
    Lossless compared to cd quality. It is still compressed. Hd flac less
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Agree
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    PB11041 said:
    $17.98 for the CD
    or
    $14.99 for the Flac

Well regarding the resale. I bet you could put a listing in the Lost Dogs section for just about any 2016 boot for $10 and it would sell in under an hour. 
    I suppose. But I'd never buy a used CD for more than $3-$5

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Can we use our yearly bootleg code for the vault download? If so, where do I redeem my code? Thanks
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited January 2018
    mschostok said:
    Can we use our yearly bootleg code for the vault download? If so, where do I redeem my code? Thanks
    Yes you can...You enter the code in the promotional code box when you checkout.
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Thanks for the info!
    Difference in sound? No, but a pressed disc should last longer than a CDR with all other variables being equal.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Ceteris paribus 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Thanks for the info!
    FLAC and HD FLAC use the same lossless compression algorithm. The HD refers to a higher bit depth (24 as opposed to 16) and a higher sampling rate (192 kHz as opposed to 44.1 kHz).
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    davidos said:
    In my order history there are 2 download links (for the mp3s). One main one (that has 30 songs) and one for Bonus downloads (that has 7 songs that are already in the main download... Everyday people to Yellow Led).
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    MYMMYM Austin, TX Posts: 181
    I downloaded Soldier Field a few days ago and finally got to listen to it yesterday.
    Wow. It was, indeed, an epic concert!

I hate to admit that I was a bit skeptical going in...I mean, I they're all good, right? 
    Sure.
    But this one was really special.

Thanks for opening up the vault!
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18