Poncier Tape To Be Re-released on RSD Black Friday

«13

Comments

  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    Awesome!!!!  B)
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan PhoenixPosts: 2,195
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

    PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MAPosts: 217
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,230
    Wow after all these years I just put 2 and 2 together - http://community.pearljam.com/profile/Poncier
    (112) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010's=55, US=82, CAN=13, Europe=11 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 10,558
    I want that but would rather put a screwdriver through my scrot than go out to any stores on Black Friday.
    Guess I will pay more on secondary market. 
    Rob
    Seattle

    Berkeley 10/31/93,Indio 11/5/93,San Diego 11/7/95,Irvine 6/3/03,LA 7/10/06,Universal City 10/7/09,Long Beach 7/6/11 (EV),Vancouver 9/25/11, Philly 9/2/12,Wrigley 7/19/13,Philly 1 & 2,10/21/13,10/22/13, Cincy 10/1/14, GCF 9/26/15, Philly 1/2 4/28/16, 4/29/16, MSG 1/2 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Fenway2 8/7/16
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    Crossing fingers the cassettes aren't $25 bucks a pop.
    ..

    In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

    1. Seasons 2. Nowhere But You 3. Spoon Man 4. Flutter Girl 5. Missing
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 371
    But then how will the eBay dude get $1500 for his copy?

    I feel bad for him now...
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,111

    RSD FIRST: These titles are found first at indie record stores, but may be released to other retailers or webstores at some point in the future.

    Maybe 10C will have some copies for sale? Hoping!
    I can't stand dealing w BF chaos. 

    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 Eddie Vedder | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.10. 2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016

  • EnzedEnzed NZPosts: 231
    so vinyl and cassette?  Cool.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 371
    I've seen quite a few "RSD First" items that never saw a "second" release. Not that this one will have this problem, but you never know.
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    edited October 17
    I've seen quite a few "RSD First" items that never saw a "second" release. Not that this one will have this problem, but you never know.
    True like that red Raw Power vinyl last year. Maybe we'll see colored vinyl for the Poncier vinyl release as the second release. Would love to pick up all 3 color way cassettes.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 1,481
    I've seen quite a few "RSD First" items that never saw a "second" release. Not that this one will have this problem, but you never know.
    I've been thinking that the 10C sales are the "second" release, even though they might come "first." lol
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,248
    edited October 17
    Would 10c release it?  Isn't it pretty much a chris cornell solo album?

    btw it's pretty cool it's coming out.. I only found out a few months ago that it had a small cd release and found a copy on the internet to listen to.  I'll definitely pick it up on vinyl :)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 1,682
    demetrios said:
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    Crossing fingers the cassettes aren't $25 bucks a pop.
    ..

    In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

    1. Seasons 2. Nowhere But You 3. Spoon Man 4. Flutter Girl 5. Missing
    Cassettes might be closer to $10-12
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    Crossing fingers the cassettes aren't $25 bucks a pop.
    ..

    In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

    1. Seasons 2. Nowhere But You 3. Spoon Man 4. Flutter Girl 5. Missing
    Cassettes might be closer to $10-12
    Yeah? Thank god!! 
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 590
    with the exception of (maybe) a demo version of seasons, these are all available on the singles soundtrack deluxe cd, right?
  • spnoone said:
    with the exception of (maybe) a demo version of seasons, these are all available on the singles soundtrack deluxe cd, right?
    Yes
    www.cluthelee.com
  • spnoone said:
    with the exception of (maybe) a demo version of seasons, these are all available on the singles soundtrack deluxe cd, right?
    Yes
    A worthwhile pick up by the way
    www.cluthelee.com
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 1,682
    demetrios said:
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    Crossing fingers the cassettes aren't $25 bucks a pop.
    ..

    In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

    1. Seasons 2. Nowhere But You 3. Spoon Man 4. Flutter Girl 5. Missing
    Cassettes might be closer to $10-12
    Yeah? Thank god!! 
    Bull Moose is listing as 8.97 currently.
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    Crossing fingers the cassettes aren't $25 bucks a pop.
    ..

    In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

    1. Seasons 2. Nowhere But You 3. Spoon Man 4. Flutter Girl 5. Missing
    Cassettes might be closer to $10-12
    Yeah? Thank god!! 
    Bull Moose is listing as 8.97 currently.
    Sweet! :)
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 860
    The White Stripes albums that were released for Cassette Store Day last week were priced at $7.99 each.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 3,326
    Please let this be easily accessible on vinyl. I just want one on vinyl. Any color will do. I wanna spin seasons!  I don’t wanna deal with Black Friday. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 371
    My store ordered 2, and there are other releases that I want as well. Last year we were there around 7 and first in line. Maybe 6 this year to be safe? They have coffee and donuts for those in line, so I don't mind. Plus compared to a PJ merch line, this is nothing! LOL
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    edited November 1
    http://vvinyl.com/shop/602557945041

    PONCIER(CHRIS CORNELL) - PONCIER

    • UPC: 602557945041
    • Config: LP
    • Availability: Black Friday RSD
    • $14.99


  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NYPosts: 1,108
    demetrios said:
    http://vvinyl.com/shop/602557945041

    PONCIER(CHRIS CORNELL) - PONCIER

    • UPC: 602557945041
    • Config: LP
    • Availability: Black Friday RSD
    • $14.99


    Rad! Look forward to picking this one up.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 9,887

    This is at the top of my list as well!!

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Brooklyn
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,504
    derbydave said:

    This is at the top of my list as well!!

    This is so far the only thing on my list.

    It sucks that Pearl Jam won't be releasing anything for RSD, again.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 9,887
    demetrios said:
    derbydave said:

    This is at the top of my list as well!!

    This is so far the only thing on my list.

    It sucks that Pearl Jam won't be releasing anything for RSD, again.


    I'm hoping to score one of these too :plus_one:


    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Brooklyn
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,908
    demetrios said:
    http://vvinyl.com/shop/602557945041

    PONCIER(CHRIS CORNELL) - PONCIER

    • UPC: 602557945041
    • Config: LP
    • Availability: Black Friday RSD
    • $14.99


    Rad! Look forward to picking this one up.
    Me too.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.