Poncier Tape To Be Re-released on RSD Black Friday

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Awesome!!!!  B)
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 490
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,618
    Wow after all these years I just put 2 and 2 together - http://community.pearljam.com/profile/Poncier

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    I want that but would rather put a screwdriver through my scrot than go out to any stores on Black Friday.
    Guess I will pay more on secondary market. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    3 different colors too. awesome. more money to spend! haha. seasons is one of the best songs ever. 
    Crossing fingers the cassettes aren't $25 bucks a pop.

In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

1. Seasons 2. Nowhere But You 3. Spoon Man 4. Flutter Girl 5. Missing
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    But then how will the eBay dude get $1500 for his copy?

I feel bad for him now...
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,733

RSD FIRST: These titles are found first at indie record stores, but may be released to other retailers or webstores at some point in the future.

Maybe 10C will have some copies for sale? Hoping!
    I can't stand dealing w BF chaos. 

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 472
    so vinyl and cassette?  Cool.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
    I've seen quite a few "RSD First" items that never saw a "second" release. Not that this one will have this problem, but you never know.
    edited October 2017
    I've seen quite a few "RSD First" items that never saw a "second" release. Not that this one will have this problem, but you never know.
    True like that red Raw Power vinyl last year. Maybe we'll see colored vinyl for the Poncier vinyl release as the second release. Would love to pick up all 3 color way cassettes.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    I've been thinking that the 10C sales are the "second" release, even though they might come "first." lol
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    edited October 2017
    Would 10c release it?  Isn't it pretty much a chris cornell solo album?

btw it's pretty cool it's coming out.. I only found out a few months ago that it had a small cd release and found a copy on the internet to listen to.  I'll definitely pick it up on vinyl :)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    demetrios said:

In the movie SINGLES, Cliff Poncier is one of the main characters who was recently kicked out of his band and decides to record a solo album. During the filming of the movie SINGLES, Chris Cornell took a film prop cassette from the movie set that was Cliff Poncier's demo and seen in the film, wrote and recorded songs to the fake song titles written on the prop cassette "Seasons," "Nowhere But You," "Spoon Man," "Flutter Girl" and "Missing".  We will be officially for the first time releasing the Poncier demos on vinyl and cassette with custom art designed by Jeff Ament, in three colorways, randomly distributed.

Cassettes might be closer to $10-12
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:

Yeah? Thank god!! 
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    with the exception of (maybe) a demo version of seasons, these are all available on the singles soundtrack deluxe cd, right?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    spnoone said:
    with the exception of (maybe) a demo version of seasons, these are all available on the singles soundtrack deluxe cd, right?
    Yes
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    spnoone said:
    Yes
    A worthwhile pick up by the way
    www.cluthelee.com
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    demetrios said:
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:

Yeah? Thank god!! 
    Bull Moose is listing as 8.97 currently.
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:
    kramer73 said:
    demetrios said:

Yeah? Thank god!! 
    Bull Moose is listing as 8.97 currently.
    Sweet! :)
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    The White Stripes albums that were released for Cassette Store Day last week were priced at $7.99 each.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,014
    Please let this be easily accessible on vinyl. I just want one on vinyl. Any color will do. I wanna spin seasons!  I don’t wanna deal with Black Friday. 
    My store ordered 2, and there are other releases that I want as well. Last year we were there around 7 and first in line. Maybe 6 this year to be safe? They have coffee and donuts for those in line, so I don't mind. Plus compared to a PJ merch line, this is nothing! LOL
    edited November 2017
    http://vvinyl.com/shop/602557945041

PONCIER(CHRIS CORNELL) - PONCIER

• UPC: 602557945041
    • Config: LP
    • Availability: Black Friday RSD
    • $14.99

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    demetrios said:

• $14.99

Rad! Look forward to picking this one up.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

This is at the top of my list as well!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

This is so far the only thing on my list.

It sucks that Pearl Jam won't be releasing anything for RSD, again.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:
    derbydave said:

This is so far the only thing on my list.

It sucks that Pearl Jam won't be releasing anything for RSD, again.

I'm hoping to score one of these too :plus_one:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    demetrios said:

• $14.99

Rad! Look forward to picking this one up.
    Me too.