Options

Were the 2006 bootlegs sold on CD?

I’m in the process of organizing my digital music files and found that something happened to my bootlegs for the 2006 Toronto and San Fran shows. I figured it was no big deal and went to get the CDs from my collection. To my surprise, the CDs weren’t there. This has made me question whether there were physical releases of the 2006 shows or if they were download only.  Can anyone let me know?  If there were physical copies, I might have lost mine in a move several years back. 

Regardless how how they were released though, anyone know a source for lossless copies of those 5 shows?  I checked Nugs, but they don’t have any shows from that year. 

Comments

• Options
    No, digital download only.
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the confirmation there weren’t physical releases. 

Ive been able to recover 4 of the shows from a backup. Just need the first Toronto show now.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    goldenegg said:

Ive been able to recover 4 of the shows from a backup. Just need the first Toronto show now.  
    PM sent!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    What were the types of digital downloads that the 2006 were made available in? I don't remember, I have a full set of FLACS, but are now wondering if these were just upconverted MP3s. Anyone know how these were initially available?
  • Options
    goldenegg said:

pearljambootlegs.org
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    What were the types of digital downloads that the 2006 were made available in? I don't remember, I have a full set of FLACS, but are now wondering if these were just upconverted MP3s. Anyone know how these were initially available?
    Just found my answer. 2005 were only MP3, while you could get the 2006 in FLAC. So my FLAC are legit, just been awhile since I have been through my digital collection. Updating all to FLAC or FLAC HD if available.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Just found my answer. 2005 were only MP3, while you could get the 2006 in FLAC. So my FLAC are legit, just been awhile since I have been through my digital collection. Updating all to FLAC or FLAC HD if available.
    I am slowly working on the 2005 FLACs now that they are available the mix on the these is way way way better than the original release of the MP3s.  

For some reason the 2006 tour has an odd sound mix compared to say 2000, 2003 and now the newer 2005.  The shows have a reverb and echoey quality to them and the guitar mix can at times become very muddy and even times muffled.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Interesting, will begin now getting the 2005 FLACS ... THANKS!
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    I am slowly working on the 2005 FLACs now that they are available the mix on the these is way way way better than the original release of the MP3s.  

For some reason the 2006 tour has an odd sound mix compared to say 2000, 2003 and now the newer 2005.  The shows have a reverb and echoey quality to them and the guitar mix can at times become very muddy and even times muffled.
    I know what you're talking about. Depending on the shows the sound quality can really vary. In general, I'd say the european and australian shows sounded better than the US ones. There are exceptions, for example E. Rutherford shows sound excellent to me, but I remember shows like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh sounding very muffled.
    ps: Anyway, if anyone is missing any of the 2006 shows (in flac), hit me up and I will provide a link for direct download (don't think this breaks any rules, since they are not on sale anymore anywhere)
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

I know what you're talking about. Depending on the shows the sound quality can really vary. In general, I'd say the european and australian shows sounded better than the US ones. There are exceptions, for example E. Rutherford shows sound excellent to me, but I remember shows like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh sounding very muffled.
    ps: Anyway, if anyone is missing any of the 2006 shows (in flac), hit me up and I will provide a link for direct download (don't think this breaks any rules, since they are not on sale anymore anywhere)
    Agreed, a lot of the open air venues the mix seems to have come out better in 2006.  The Gorge, Santa Barbara, definitely several of the Euro shows.  I may making things up, but I feel like they were pretty quick with the flac downloads of those shows, I feel like they were edited and accessible within 48-72 hours.  That is tough for a great sounding product to come out. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    Been wondering why the 2006's aren't available to download anymore.  I think you guys answered some of those questions why.  Hopefully working on the sound and a re-release at some point.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Do you have the art for them or just the music files?