Options

Watch Pearl Jam Play On a Rooftop Outside Wrigley Field

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
https://www.relix.com/blogs/detail/watch_pearl_jam_play_on_a_rooftop_outside_wrigley_field

Watch Pearl Jam Play On a Rooftop Outside Wrigley Field

September 28, 2017

Pearl Jam's Wrigley Field documentary Let's Play Two is due out on Friday, premiering in theaters around the country. The film highlights the band's 2016 stop at the famed Chicago ballpark just months before the Cubs would triumphantly win their first World Series in 108 years. 

After releasing a clip of "Corduroy" from the show, another bit of the film has surfaced, showing the band on a rooftop outside of Wrigley warming up for the show. Little did they know, but the fans waiting outside and hanging around Wrigleyville were just feet away from their rock heroes as they got ready for the 35-song performance that night. Those who were a little more elevated than the band also had a perfect vantage point into the intimate rehearsal. 

Watch below. 

Comments

• Options
    Did this get taken down? Didn’t work for me. Is there a non-Facebook link?
  • Options
    We need a new feature on here. Say there's a sticky for Let's Play Two or any other upcoming release, and only staff or D can post in it. If there's anything new found related to the sticky dedicated to that thread. That way, when we see there are new posts in the sticky- we know that there's news available in it and we could really keep the front page open (outside of stickys) and threads that encourage conversation can then maybe get on the first page and maybe it would get The Porch hopping again. 

This is in no way a post to say D is doing anything wrong. Far from. I love D. I'm saying there's a more effective way to share news and keep it current with all posters in control of how current they are on news. If they don't check the new posts, well...that's not our fault. The only downfall is I remember the days when a Rolling Stone article would pop up and before long there were 10 threads with identical information. And maybe it's just an honor system that we don't do that. D is so on with finding info, he's the guy who would do the best in a liaison position between staff and fans. He knows the difference between real news and click bait news items. 
    Thats just my idea. I think the Weakest Link polls were the best thing on this forum in I'd guess at least ten years. Surely there are similar ideas and new ideas we can come up with to keep The Porch going. Which is why I'm suggesting this idea, getting the conversation again. 
    Here's my first idea regarding a new Weakest Link, by album, based strictly on lyrics or music (Pick one. Eventually we will do the other). The idea is to separate the two and look at the music as an instrumental and the lyrics as poetry. Some songs have great music, but the vocals and lyrics just don't work for you. Some lyrics are phenomenal, but it's not a great song musically. I'm looking at you I'm Open. 
    D, keep up the good work. Please don't see this as an attack personally, because you rock, buddy. 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,917
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Great ideas @ledvedderman
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Awesome clip! 
    www.cluthelee.com