Options

Let's play 2 lp

PjdreamerPjdreamer Posts: 318
edited September 2017 in The Porch
spinning right now, it came with a pj wrigley field slip mat and sticker, it sounds amazing, mixed very well with a very full sound with pleanty of mid and base and ed is right on with his vocals:) packaging is beautiful, I buy a lot of vinyl and this is a good one:) it's a home run!
Pjdreamer
Post edited by Pjdreamer on

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Was the slipmat a 10c thing, or do they all come with that?
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Pjdreamer said:
    spinning right now, it came with a pj wrigley field slip mat and sticker, it sounds amazing, mixed very well with a very full sound with pleanty of mid and base and ed is right on with his vocals:) packaging is beautiful, I buy a lot of vinyl and this is a good one:) it's a home run!

Totally agree brother!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I just bought in a store and it did not have the slipmat.
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    mace1229 said:
    that's a ten club thing brother......they take care of all of us !
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Quit yer bitching!

Edit: Never mind. You actually had something nice to say. Please forgive my shock.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    i am keeping my lp and slip cover sealed. 

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2017
    tup30 said:
    i am keeping my lp and slip cover sealed. 

It'll be a lil difficult to play that way.  :wink:  

Vinyl wants to breathe!  :smile:
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    can someone post a pic of the slip mat?
    Order delayed on Amazon, deciding if its worth the extra $13 to cancel and go with 10c or not.
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Hey does anyone get those thick plastic sleeves to store their records in? The ones I have and the ones at the local record store are too small to fit Let's Play Two, and the other recent Pearl Jam releases. The two disc record sets are too big for the plastic sleeves. Anyone have a place online to order ones that fit?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    strilo said:
    Hey does anyone get those thick plastic sleeves to store their records in? The ones I have and the ones at the local record store are too small to fit Let's Play Two, and the other recent Pearl Jam releases. The two disc record sets are too big for the plastic sleeves. Anyone have a place online to order ones that fit?
    Sleeve city.  This is the one I like:

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/ultimate-outer-5-0-record-sleeve-p/9390.htm

Save 15% off with code SEPT2017

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    strilo said:

Can confirm. These are great. 
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    I enjoy the fact that mine has been at the same post office an hour away for 4 days now!  Bravo UPS Innovations!
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    im probably in the minority but i dont even have a record player.  ive always preferrred cd and i dont like using aux or bluetooth in car.  

but...i plan to get an old school record player for retirement years, i do love LP packaging. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Did anybody else notice that "I've Got A Feeling" is overdubbed? The show version didn't seem to contain the lyrics "everybody saw the Cubs rise" and "everybody put the war down". I wonder if Danny Clinch used a soundcheck version, at least partially.

https://youtu.be/EyxbVA8jlhc
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    3days said:
    Did anybody else notice that "I've Got A Feeling" is overdubbed? The show version didn't seem to contain the lyrics "everybody saw the Cubs rise" and "everybody put the war down". I wonder if Danny Clinch used a soundcheck version, at least partially.

https://youtu.be/EyxbVA8jlhc
    Didn't notice. But Small Town certainly is. Ed goofs a bit in the audience boot I've had for the last year...but it's clean in the LP2 version. You can tell it is the same version in other places of the song.
  • Options
    strilo said:

Waited too long. Code expired.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    So far no variants in this vinyl? They are all black thus far?
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Trying to find a comment on numerous threads but can someone help me....i just opened the lp and the stickers were loose. Are the slipmats in the sealed vinyl package before i crack the package as they were not loose like the stickers?

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    The slipmat was loose and the sticker was loose. I had a box show up, with sealed vinyl, and the extra goodies on top of it.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:
    The slipmat was loose and the sticker was loose. I had a box show up, with sealed vinyl, and the extra goodies on top of it.
    Mmmmm. Damn.  I didn't get a slipmat then unfortunately. Anyone else the same as evsgjamm?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,258
    Trying to find a comment on numerous threads but can someone help me....i just opened the lp and the stickers were loose. Are the slipmats in the sealed vinyl package before i crack the package as they were not loose like the stickers?

yah the slipmats weren't packed in the vinyl... they were separate in their own wrapper :(
  • Options
    Thanks zod and evs
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Do we know how many of these were pressed? 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    Looking for some honest reviews on the US and EU vinyl versions of Lets Play Two
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,584
    Anyone got their 10C Let's Play 2 vinyl in Europe?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    The vinyl looks and sounds fantastic.

For those who did not get a slipmat, it's basically the same one the 10C sold before in the store (black with the mirror ball in the middle) but it says Wrigley Field and the dates on it. 

It's pretty cool that the 10C threw them in there though, along with a sticker. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    dankind said:
    strilo said:

• Options
    Anyone know if they are still sending out the slipmat with new orders? I ordered mine the say it was released along with the bluray DVD (same shipping price)
    I'm guessing they are waiting for the blueray to ship together, but hope to still get the slipmat.
  • Options
    Which slipmat is better, the one that has Wrigley on it or the one that just had the PJ on it? Is one more collectible?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    dankind said:
    strilo said:

No need. I tried OCT2017, and it worked.  
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM