Jeff Ament Original Artwork Up for Auction
Proceeds Benefit The Bureau of Fearless Ideas in Seattle
News September 6 2017
The painting was inspired by a story from a 4th grade BFI student as part of ‘Ekphrastic: The Auction Where Words and Art Hang Out Together’. Jeff Ament and Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation are longtime supporters of Bureau of Fearless Ideas, a Seattle-based non-profit organization that provides writing and tutoring for humans aged 6-18 in the Greenwood neighborhood, and at a soon-to-be-opened second location at Yesler Terrace.
About Jeff's Painting:
- Auction item #22, titled “in a different world…”
- 23” x 30” acrylic painting, oil pastels and charcoal on watercolor paper.
- Inspired by a poem from Keziah, 4th grade Bureau of Fearless Ideas student.
- Poem titled “Taming” about a creative dream she is having.
- Selected quote:
“In this different world
With pixel pencils, transparent marshmallows that become fluffy clouds
Hershey’s kisses melt into mountains of candy”
- Valued at $1,000 (starting BID $400 with minimum BID increments of $100).
- Sold as-is, no returns.
Online bidding starts Sept. 6th and ends Sept. 13th @ 7pm PST.
You do not need to be present to win.
The winning bidder will be contacted by the Bureau of Fearless Ideas on Sept. 14th to make arrangements for delivery (regardless of location).
For more information on the auction and to BID on Jeff’s artwork, visit: http://tiny.cc/9uwjny