Options

Going to LA

OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831

Having been to most major US cities, I am going to Los Angeles for the first time.  This is not really our kind of trip...urban travel usually involves more transit. We're renting a car the entire time.  Staying in Redondo Beach.

We know we're going to one day of the Ohana music festival for Eddie on Saturday.  We also plan on going to a Dodger game and an Angel game.  A few questions:

• Are we best off just driving to the Dodger game?  I would guess that just arriving and parking's going to be rough...unfortunately, we're going to LA from the 8th through 16th, so we have to go either on Friday or Sunday (Ohana is SAT) and given that and the kind of year the Dodgers are having, we anticipated a crowd and bought Friday tickets.  It looks like the transit provider operates the Dodger Stadium Express and it would be an easier drive to the Harbor Gateway Transit Station or Rosecrans Station.  Anyone know whether there's parking at those stations and whether this is a better option than just driving to the stadium.   It looks like the hotel we are staying at is right next to the Redondo Beach Green Line station...we could take the green line to Harbor Fair station...but for a night game, I kinda question that as a great idea for the return trip.
  • For the Angels game (Tuesday or Wednesday evening), I assuming driving is the best way, but correct me if I am wrong.
  • We have not exactly planned out what we want to do for most days.  We have car access, may do a day trip or two, and are interested in interesting things with the cities of LA and Passadena...any advice?

Thanks!

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin