Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Off He Goes
    bbiggs said:
    GTF having 11 votes is a travesty. 
    Yes, I agree. It should have gotten 46!
    What don't you like about given to fly?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    Given To Fly
    I think it's one of those things that I always thought it was okay but I never loved it. I listen to PJ on Sirius a LOT and this song is on a whole lot. That took it from just okay to "meh" for me. Then in this group of songs, I really liked a lot of them a whole lot more than this one. I guess I'm just being rebellious. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Off He Goes
    I think it's one of those things that I always thought it was okay but I never loved it. I listen to PJ on Sirius a LOT and this song is on a whole lot. That took it from just okay to "meh" for me. Then in this group of songs, I really liked a lot of them a whole lot more than this one. I guess I'm just being rebellious. 
    What do you prefer, the more "subdued" studioversion or the celebratory live version?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    Given To Fly
    What do you prefer, the more "subdued" studioversion or the celebratory live version?
    I am a bigger fan of nearly every one of their songs live, GTF being no exception. I much prefer this one live. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Yellow Ledbetter
    I am a bigger fan of nearly every one of their songs live, GTF being no exception. I much prefer this one live. 
    I can count on one hand the number of PJ songs that I like better in the studio as compared to their live versions. To be fair, there is only one studio version (or maybe two or three versions) but there are literally hundreds of live versions to choose from for many of their songs. Finding the "perfect" live version is indeed possible and usually beats out the studio one.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Yellow Ledbetter eliminated.
This discussion has been closed.