So the new mobile version of the forum is broken and is completely horrible to post with...

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
edited July 2017 in Technical Stuff and Help
Is 10C aware of how totally awful the new mobile version of the forum is when it comes to posting functionality? It's pretty close to unusable. Even worse than it was back before the big change in 2014 or whenever it was. It even makes my browser crash while I'm attempting to get what I'm typing out of someone else's quote (it never works) pretty regularly. It's also pretty damn hard to type while the keyboard plus this top banner with the band's name on it that drops down often covers up literally the entire typing field. I'm just wondering if anyone is working on this huge problem or if 10C at least agrees it needs fixing?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• I am already easily frustrated by technolgy and I dont use it much...thought this is just my problem...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited June 2017
    I am already easily frustrated by technolgy and I dont use it much...thought this is just my problem...

No, definitely not just you. I am reasonably handy and patient with this stuff, and I have literally never encountered a mobile website that worked this badly in so many ways, from basic functionality to layout to navigation. It is a huge deterrent for anyone using it. And with that, I'm outta here because I just can't take it anymore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    Big Bank Hank outta here?  Or just Mobile BBH- ing it?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Big Bank Hank outta here?  Or just Mobile BBH- ing it?

Haha, not BBH outta here. Just each time I use the mobile site. ;)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    BBH is a verb now.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    I can post, and I can wrangle my way out of someone else's quote box if I'm lucky, but for the love of god can we please get ride of the endless boxes of quotes within quotes within quotes as they currently display on the mobile version? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017
    I can post, and I can wrangle my way out of someone else's quote box if I'm lucky, but for the love of god can we please get ride of the endless boxes of quotes within quotes within quotes as they currently display on the mobile version? 

Click on your Avatar.
    Then click the figure on the right of the screen - to edit profile
    Click on quote settings to show how many levels deep you want displayed.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    I have been able to navigate out of other's quotes rather effectively but the DRAFT SAVED notification is annoying as hell. Consistently appears right over the text I am typing or over the post button. Completely in the way.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited June 2017
    Also, the navigation is terrible. You have to go back to the home page every single time you want to go to a different sub-category. Plus, how do you PM with the mobile version?? I can't find that anywhere. Does it exist? I notice that a lot more people are posting private messages on people's public walls now, because there is no apparent way to PM.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    If you go to your private messages section (bottom left icon), there should be a "new message" button at the top right.  Then type in the username.  Kind of a pain vs non-phone mode.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818

Click on your Avatar.
    Then click the figure on the right of the screen - to edit profile
    Click on quote settings to show how many levels deep you want displayed.

Well, thank you for the attempt, but I already have one level as the selection but all the levels show up on the mobile site.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    i agree this is the worst mobile site I have ever used. fuck you draft saved at whatever time and staying as long as you want. thanks for the click for full version not.  ooh draft saved again thanks. I couldn't quote someone yesterday because I couldn't fight my way out of the friggin quote bubble...felt like a dork and tossed my phone across the room. thanks again draft saved at whatever time.
    rollings said:
    i agree this is the worst mobile site I have ever used. fuck you draft saved at whatever time and staying as long as you want. thanks for the click for full version not.  ooh draft saved again thanks. I couldn't quote someone yesterday because I couldn't fight my way out of the friggin quote bubble...felt like a dork and tossed my phone across the room. thanks again draft saved at whatever time.
    Quote issue is present on my phone as well.  Only way to work with a quote seems to be laptop.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    Unable to sleep and last night on vacation I was reading threads I've never opened. Glad I did because I could never figure out why sometimes I get the 3D looking quote, and sometimes not. Reading this I finally realized it's only on the mobile site I get the ridiculous 3D version. Mobile version is terrible, I hate it.
    id donate a Benny to get it fixed, except I don't have one, and I'm already kinda over it anyway.
    hedonist said:
    If you go to your private messages section (bottom left icon), there should be a "new message" button at the top right.  Then type in the username.  Kind of a pain vs non-phone mode.
    Thank you Hedo!