Options

Dave A shares a tidbit on the recording of Animal (and BoB)

Always nice getting info about the recording sessions - something the deluxe/remastered albums lacked was a book/DVD on the making of the albums(!)

Not much, but some trivia on the drums of Animal from Dave A:

Brendan O'Brien (co-producer for the album) mentioned his distaste for China and Splash type cymbals. I took offense, and feeling my oats, when we went into the tracking room in the studio to record Animal, I proceeded to exchange all of the crash cymbals on my drum set for China types. The sound inspired a slightly different feel that shaped my track in just the right way!
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Always nice getting info about the recording sessions - something the deluxe/remastered albums lacked was a book/DVD on the making of the albums(!)

Brendan O'Brien (co-producer for the album) mentioned his distaste for China and Splash type cymbals. I took offense, and feeling my oats, when we went into the tracking room in the studio to record Animal, I proceeded to exchange all of the crash cymbals on my drum set for China types. The sound inspired a slightly different feel that shaped my track in just the right way!
    a "making of...." series including insight from all current/past members and also studio crew would be awesome. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

a "making of...." series including insight from all current/past members and also studio crew would be awesome. 
    Pearl Jam should do 'Classic Album' type documentaries on all their albums (or at least the 1st 3)
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    Guys, just read the PJ20 book. It's all in there. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    TJ25487 said:
    Guys, just read the PJ20 book. It's all in there. 
    Yep, read it a couple times., however, video presentation would be great. Guess your a book is better than the movie kinda person.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    MedozK said:

Pearl Jam should do 'Classic Album' type documentaries on all their albums (or at least the 1st 3)
    Yes, should have included that instead of/or in addition of all the memorabilia. 

And, as I've said a few times – they had Cameron Crowe and a camera crew for the PJ20 doc. Could have done this at the same time.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"