Options

The best... or the rest?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
edited June 2017 in Other Music
Only two to choose from in this poll, but maybe not an easy choice!  Pretend you can ONLY have one or the other.  Which would it be?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

The best... or the rest? 17 votes

Your one (and only one!) favorite album from all your favorite bands/musicians or...
23%
BrainofBGATim SimmonsaicbonesPJ_Soul 4 votes
All of the albums by your favorite bands/musicians EXCEPT your one favorite album by them.
76%
CantKeepmedownspnooneTHE LOOKgoldrushLukinFanYardenMedozKeddiectempo_n_groovePearl34JamHughFreakingDillonSmallestOceansrlonergan44 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,286
    All of the albums by your favorite bands/musicians EXCEPT your one favorite album by them.
    I could cope without my favourite albums if I could have all of the other records by my favourite artists.

For example, no 'On The Beach' but still 50+ other Neil albums to play with - easy! No 'Yield', but all of the other PJ... I'd survive if I could still have the bootlegs :)

Sure, there are some that would be a LOT harder (especially bands with less albums, or ones without an outright favourite) but I think there would be more chance of burning out a favourite by overplaying it than having a wider range to choose from.

Cool question, got me thinking!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    After I thought about this some more, I should have said, "favorite and second favorite"  to make the decision more difficult.  Pretty much everyone I imagine will go with "the rest".  Thankfully, we don't have to make such decisions. On the other hand, some favorite albums are getting harder to find.  I'm lucky to have most of the one's I really want!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Your one (and only one!) favorite album from all your favorite bands/musicians or...
    This option would give me WAY more music to listen to. I am surprised anyone would choose option 2.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Probably the least interesting poll idea ever posted on PJ forums.  lol!  Thanks for playing along, goldrush and PJ_Soul! 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    I'll take all the rest.  I can find "new" favorites!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2017
    Oops. I misunderstood the options, lol. I thought the red one was that you ONLY got all of your one favorite band's albums minus their best one. I was thinking "are you people crazy?? Why are you all choosing that??" :lol: So yeah, I change my answer to option 2. All the albums of ALL of my favorite bands, minus my favorite one from each? That would give me WAY more music, which is my goal. The more music available to me, the better. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Good one, tempo!  And I have to admit I wouldn't be above including in the rest "best of" albums that will have some of the songs on the favorite album.  :wink: