Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Lightning Bolt Semi-Finals

2»

Comments

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Lightning Bolt
    the four are awesome, LB is the weakest to me right now
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,063
    edited May 2017
    Lightning Bolt
    tbergs said:
    Holy shit! This is the closest round ever. All four could end up in a tie at this point. I was going to vote LB, but that looks like a clear goner right now, so I'll need to be more strategic.
    vote with your heart like a man.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Getaway
    Looks like it's going to be Getaway vs. Pendulum. Interesting..
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    tbergs said:
    Holy shit! This is the closest round ever. All four could end up in a tie at this point. I was going to vote LB, but that looks like a clear goner right now, so I'll need to be more strategic.
    vore with your heart like a man.
    Haha! I never would vote using my heart ;) You would have a point if only one song were being eliminated. Easy to vote if there is no collateral damage, but there is here. That's why multiple song elimination rounds will always have a higher degree of inaccuracy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,063
    edited May 2017
    Lightning Bolt
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    vore with your heart like a man.
    Haha! I never would vote using my heart ;) You would have a point if only one song were being eliminated. Easy to vote if there is no collateral damage, but there is here. That's why multiple song elimination rounds will always have a higher degree of inaccuracy.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    Lightning Bolt
    tbergs said:
    I don't look at the results before i vote. I vote for what song i think is the weakest, at that time, that's gots to go.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Pendulum
    GTFO of here with this lol.... 3 out of 4 of these are the best songs on the album, and the 4th is Pendulum. Lightning Bolt is my most played song on my itunes/ipod (it's crazy I know).
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Getaway
    KC138045 said:
    JimmyV said:
    As I type this Getaway has the fewest votes. I'll be honest, I don't get it. The other three have become staples of the live show and are quick to come to mind when I think of this album. Getaway​ not so much.
    Getaway is one the best opening tracks out of the ten albums IMO

if by 'best' you mean 'most generic sounding', i would agree.  that getaway has made it this far and appears to be going to the final by beating out both mind your manners and lightning bolt is actually astounding to me. color me surprised.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited May 2017
    Lightning Bolt
    AndySlash said:
    KC138045 said:
    JimmyV said:
    As I type this Getaway has the fewest votes. I'll be honest, I don't get it. The other three have become staples of the live show and are quick to come to mind when I think of this album. Getaway​ not so much.

if by 'best' you mean 'most generic sounding', i would agree.  that getaway has made it this far and appears to be going to the final by beating out both mind your manners and lightning bolt is actually astounding to me. color me surprised.
    However, I don't know if you can get much more generic than LB.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Getaway
    AndySlash said:
    KC138045 said:
    JimmyV said:

Surprised? Nope. Have you seen the other album voting? Any and all of the harder, more aggressive songs have been trounced. Kind of sad really.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Getaway
    Gtilley8 said:
    AndySlash said:
    KC138045 said:
    JimmyV said:

Surprised? Nope. Have you seen the other album voting? Any and all of the harder, more aggressive songs have been trounced. Kind of sad really.
    I'm constantly surprised at the twist and turns of the voting process, but it has ended up being hard to argue with most of the winners.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    edited May 2017
    Getaway
    cutz said:
    tbergs said:
    I don't look at the results before i vote. I vote for what song i think is the weakest, at that time, that's gots to go.
    +1 exactly that's how voting should be
    Post edited by RideTheWave93 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Mind Your Manners
    Yeah, I don't get the whole "strategic voting" thing.  The instructions are simple, vote for THE song that YOU think is the weakest link.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    Yeah, I don't get the whole "strategic voting" thing.  The instructions are simple, vote for THE song that YOU think is the weakest link.
    When the 4 left are pretty even, it's not so simple. This isn't like regular voting so strategic makes more sense now than ever. I don't have a least favorite of the bunch, but I don't think LB should win; however, I would prefer that the less weaker of the other one's not be eliminated so I have to vote for the top 2 weakest really and if it's close, I'm going to make sure the two weakest go if I can. I used to think like you, but this round changed that based on the voting and equality of the songs.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Mind Your Manners
    This poll has ended.
    Mind Your Manners and Lightning Bolt have been eliminated.
This discussion has been closed.