Options

F U Twitter

2»

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:
    I'm pretty sure EV doesn't give a shit what's trending on twitter... ever... does anyone actually give a shit what trends on twitter? ever? Outside of my bafoon POTUS of course lol
    I like Twitter and I don't care what's trending on Twitter.

Also, pretty sure none of the people are obsessed Eddie fans and are just random people who like the 90's music and realized he is the only singer left...
    Plenty of these obsessed Eddie fans are on the PJ 10c groups on Facebook as well and posting the same weird shit.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    my2hands said:
    I'm pretty sure EV doesn't give a shit what's trending on twitter... ever... does anyone actually give a shit what trends on twitter? ever? Outside of my bafoon POTUS of course lol
    No doubt.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641
    Im disconnecting from here and online in general for a little while.  I dont need instant facts or dumb tweets as they pour in.  Just want to spend some time with the wife and kid and remember an amazing dude.  

I'll check emails so if vault 7 or wrigley or whatever drops someone PM me please and i'll get an alert.  God bless Chris Cornell
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    It is incredibly immature.  Protect Eddie from what?   And how?   Cornell had a wife and three young kids and the response is to protect Eddie?  There isn't a murderer running around or anything.    Insensitive and juvenile.   These people should be less focused on an individual they do not know (other than listening to music) and maybe protect a loved one of theirs who needs it.  Eddie doesn't need anyone on Twitter's protection.
  • Options
    It is incredibly immature.  Protect Eddie from what?   And how?   Cornell had a wife and three young kids and the response is to protect Eddie?  There isn't a murderer running around or anything.    Insensitive and juvenile.   These people should be less focused on an individual they do not know (other than listening to music) and maybe protect a loved one of theirs who needs it.  Eddie doesn't need anyone on Twitter's protection.
    It is a joke.... a very distasteful and badly timed joke. They don't literally want to protect Eddie, especially since, given the context, the only thing they could be protecting him against is himself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    I have never had a Twatter account,nor do I ever plan to. Too many assholes in the world,I don't need to use social media to find them.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Can't fucking Twitter.  Hate that shit!! 
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    my2hands said:
    I'm fairly sure Ed doesn't even know how the fuck to use twitter and I couldn't be happier about it.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    All Eddie needs to do is live how Eddie wants. He was born, he will die; the in-between is his alone.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2017
    I love the Porch and the mini battles.
    A very good read.
    What a wonderful thread.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    I love the Porch and the mini battles.
    A very good read.
    What a wonderful thread.
    Yes, thread is 5 starred.  Would read again, would recommend to friends and family.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226
    my2hands said:
    Social media sucks and is a fucking cesspool
    There's nothing social about "social media".  A really stupid name.  Who comes up with this crap?  Should've been called electronic or internet ('net) medium.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Spurs14 said:
    my2hands said:
    Social media sucks and is a fucking cesspool
    There's nothing social about "social media".  A really stupid name.  Who comes up with this crap?  Should've been called electronic or internet ('net) medium.

That's just not true. You are just not aware of many of the things happening on social media, obviously. However, Twitter is a lot less social than Facebook. I know that Facebook has been a platform where many people's lives have actually been saved because of the connections they were able to make and because they were able to find people who could help them, understand them, and provide support. Anyone who just says "social media sucks" as a blanket statement just doesn't understand it very well. Of course, a lot of sucky things also happen on social media.... So basically, social media pretty accurately reflects society. It carries the good along with the bad.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh and use the internet to post this shallow response: 

:)

I get the sentiment, but don't get frustrated in the platform. People use tech for different reasons - take Facebook and selfies, Twitter and anonymous bullying, and forum trolls. For all those, I also get to communicate using all 3 of those platforms to communicate with those who are having a really rough day with the news of Chris. I'm actually amazed how many of my friends were fans of Soundgarden, TOTD, etc and reconnected about music. It sucks that a tragedy prompted it, but I've comforted and been comforted through social media today. 
This discussion has been closed.