Options

Roger Ailes died

I'm not sure how this guy should be eulogized.  Maybe I'm just still in shock over Chris Cornell to care that this guy died too.
will myself to find a home, a home within myself
we will find a way, we will find our place

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Great, now this will be the headline when we should be remembering someone truly great that deserves to be honored.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    The headline in my head hasn't changed. Unlike this guy, Cornell made a positive influence on my life.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    The headline in my head hasn't changed. Unlike this guy, Cornell made a positive influence on my life.
    Same.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I'm just glad that he lived long enough to see his career go down in flames. He was a piece of shit.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Without clicking, I'm guessing it's soon forget. I thought the same thing.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yep lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    good riddance. let the fox news cretins go one by one.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OP

What is the point or question of this thread?

I would like to know.  What does the passing of one have to do with another?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2017
    Hatred.
    Show some respect, a man died.
  • Options
    What's the point of any thread? 

If you read the very first statement, you'll understand everything. And if you don't, well, I'll just say I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

If you read the very first statement, you'll understand everything. And if you don't, well, I'll just say I'm not surprised.

You're not sure how he should be eulogized because you may still be in shock from another death?
    What?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

Your not sure how he should be eulogized because you may still be in shock from another death?
    What?
    I was right, I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited May 2017

One of the Worst Americans Ever

Fox News founder made this the hate-filled, moronic country it is today

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-roger-ailes-was-one-of-the-worst-americans-ever-w483013
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ailes was famous for his political acumen and wrote the now-classic political book “You Are the Message” in 1988. In the book, he said the most important factor in winning elections is “the like factor” — whether one candidate is, simply, more likable than the other.

President Trump

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Ailes was famous for his political acumen and wrote the now-classic political book “You Are the Message” in 1988. In the book, he said the most important factor in winning elections is “the like factor” — whether one candidate is, simply, more likable than the other.

President Trump

um, a politician being liked is probably the most obvious factor that everyone knows is what leads to being elected. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hatred.
    You are something.

You've shown much support for the DP and harsh sentencing for rapists... yet here you're admonishing someone for essentially doing the same thing.

Let me echo the sentiments expressed earlier: this guy was an insect. The world is better off without him.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

President Trump

um, a politician being liked is probably the most obvious factor that everyone knows is what leads to being elected. 

Like President Trump no?
  • Options

President Trump

Like President Trump no?
    Stick to the topic. 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hatred.
    You are something.

You've shown much support for the DP and harsh sentencing for rapists... yet here you're admonishing someone for essentially doing the same thing.

Let me echo the sentiments expressed earlier: this guy was an insect. The world is better off without him.

So are all the "sexual misconduct" allegations proven or are they still alleged?
    A convicted rapist deserves the DP (although I still think life in prison is a harsher sentence)
  • Options
    dignin said:

President Trump

Like President Trump no?
    Stick to the topic. 

It's a reference to illustrate a point about Ailes.

Without this reference it cant rebute the above statement.

• Options

President Trump

Like President Trump no?
    no. hillary being incredibly disliked played a pretty big part in that. my point was, his 'revelation' of the 'like factor' wasn't a revelation at all. it was stating the complete obvious and trying to lay claim to a buzz phrase. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

President Trump

Like President Trump no?
    Stick to the topic. 

It's a reference to illustrate a point about Ailes.

Without this reference it cant rebute the above statement.

Is that true, or false?
  • Options

President Trump

Like President Trump no?
    no. hillary being incredibly disliked played a pretty big part in that. my point was, his 'revelation' of the 'like factor' wasn't a revelation at all. it was stating the complete obvious and trying to lay claim to a buzz phrase. 

I hear you.
    Even though the media and most people thought she was a shoe in and well liked were obviously wrong and President Trump was more liked.
  • Options
    So,clearly you know what this thread was about. And you're attempt at trolling failed? Since you know that paying off Gretchen was an admittance of guilt, you know that this guy is a scum bag. 
  • Options
    So,clearly you know what this thread was about. And you're attempt at trolling failed? Since you know that paying off Gretchen was an admittance of guilt, you know that this guy is a scum bag. 
    "was" a scum bag. ;)
  • Options

President Trump

Like President Trump no?

I hear you.
    Even though the media and most people thought she was a shoe in and well liked were obviously wrong and President Trump was more liked.
    ugh. no, he wasn't. she won more votes. so she actually was more liked, he just got the votes where it counted for more. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    Hatred.

whatever DS.

I show respect to people who deserve it.

This man singlehandedly divided this country. he is responsible for 10s of millions of dollars being paid out due to his sexual harassment. the fact that you are defending him says a lot.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ^^^

He is one man and he singlehandedly divided your country?