Options

I Love You.

MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
These words are powerful.
Have you ever found it hard to say them, or maybe too easy.
Has someone in your life not said them to you.
My dad was raised that males don't say that to other males, so it makes both of us really uncomfortable now when we try to say it to each other.
I tell my son " I love you" every day.  He quickly responds with "I like you" :wink:
The worst of times..they don't phase me,
even if I look and act really crazy.

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm like that mother on Goldbergs. "Smother"! Every day I come home from work they meet me at the door or run in front of my truck grrrr! If they're outside. I grab their face say "let me take a look at you! I missed you! You look good! I love you!" :lol:

My husband will say I love you when they say it to him lol.

Good man Malroth!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I am lucky to have received many "I love you's" from my parents growing up.  I never said it to another person until my first time (apparently?) in love.  20's.  Took a while to reach that point, I suppose.

Never said it regularly until my niece was born a few years later.  Having her in my life, in that time, changed me.

I refuse to use or say the words without sincerity.  They're not just powerful, they're precious.

Good on ya, Mal :)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    SCREW YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just kidding.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Actually In my family when I was growing up we never said, I love you to each other. Although that, I never doubted I was loved. I had the best childhood I could ever have wished for. But I think it's a good thing to say I love you to each other, I now say it every day to the loved ones in my life. :)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think I tell our cats I love them more often than I do my husband =)
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    hedonist said:
    I do the same with my dogs then I do with my kids. I do tell the kids I love them all the time, but my dogs run and great me at the door everyday when I get home from work. My kids don't so the dogs hear it more. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:
    I do the same with my dogs then I do with my kids. I do tell the kids I love them all the time, but my dogs run and great me at the door everyday when I get home from work. My kids don't so the dogs hear it more. 
    Dogs will love anyone. Way to settle.