How often do you change guitar strings?

2»

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 1,232
    I've only used Sperzel locking tuners on my Strat and I recommend them highly. String changes are pretty quick and they seem to stay put once the strings are stretched and settled. 

I imagine that just about any manufacturer of tuners makes a locking variety. 

Also, congrats on the bloodless string change! 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 19,632
    dudeman said:
    I've only used Sperzel locking tuners on my Strat and I recommend them highly. String changes are pretty quick and they seem to stay put once the strings are stretched and settled. 

I imagine that just about any manufacturer of tuners makes a locking variety. 

Also, congrats on the bloodless string change! 
    Thank you!  I'm still a bit amazed  :lol:
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    M.I.T.S.
    I changed the strings on my Strat yesterday. It took about 7 minutes. No blood, no swearing. 

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 9,119
    dudeman said:
    I changed the strings on my Strat yesterday. It took about 7 minutes. No blood, no swearing. 

Then you aren't doing it right.
    How about this: I harpooned an eyeball with the high E but it didn't bleed and I just screamed, but didn't swear.

Better?
    dudeman said:

:bow:  I've definitely got to look into those locking tuners!
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    M.I.T.S.
    dudeman said:
    How about this: I harpooned an eyeball with the high E but it didn't bleed and I just screamed, but didn't swear.

Better?
    :rofl:
    M.I.T.S.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 9,152
    dudeman said:
    Does anyone use a strobe tuner? I bought a couple pedal tuners from Sonic Research a number of years ago. They are extremely accurate and built solid with a small footprint. 

At the time, they cost about  $120.00. 

Thats what I use too, the stompbox version. Love it. Always used to use a separate, more accurate tuner for setups, but TurboTuner is plenty accurate.
2»