Options

Free The Nipple - Thoughts?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited May 2017
    I read a couple pages at the start and a couple at the end of this thread, and I have to say I'm surprised that this is a topic that can begin a 1400 post discussion :lol:  no disrespect to the topic, or the OP for raising it....I realize it ties into bigger social issues...but why would anyone care enough to  disaprove of someone being topless?  It's like all of the important 'choice' / legislating morality debates, without the characteristic that makes them important - consequence.  There is no consequence of nipple exposure as long as people mind their own damn business.  There are laws on the books to address it if they can't.  How well they work is another discussion, I suppose.
      It's ridiculous that anyone feels the need to interject even an opinion,on a moral basis, to something so harmless.  My personal preference and opinion of your choice to show your nipple should only be heard if you're asking, imo...

'If you're causing no harm then you're alright with me'
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I read a couple pages at the start and a couple at the end of this thread, and I have to say I'm surprised that this is a topic that can begin a 1400 post discussion :lol:  no disrespect to the topic, or the OP for raising it....I realize it ties into bigger social issues...but why would anyone care enough to  disaprove of someone being topless?  It's like all of the important 'choice' / legislating morality debates, without the characteristic that makes them important - consequence.  There is no consequence of nipple exposure as long as people mind their own damn business.  There are laws on the books to address it if they can't.  How well they work is another discussion, I suppose.
      It's ridiculous that anyone feels the need to interject even an opinion,on a moral basis, to something so harmless.  My personal preference and opinion of your choice to show your nipple should only be heard if you're asking, imo...

Some people would disagree that there isn't a consequence. They think their kids' minds will be warped and perverted (and then they'll go buy them the first shooter game of their choice). It's pretty sick, but true.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

Some people would disagree that there isn't a consequence. They think their kids' minds will be warped and perverted (and then they'll go buy them the first shooter game of their choice). It's pretty sick, but true.
    Nailed it. Hypocritical, narrow-minded moral crusaders. I've never understood that. Same thing with TV and movie ratings as well. OK to show people getting blown up or shot, but gods forbid a bare breast makes an appearance. I thought the moral majority was going to explode when Janet Jackson had her wardrobe malfunction. The FCC's phones were ringing off the hook. It was the end of the world for a minute.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    I, for one, value the perspectives of the men here on this issue

And, I would hope, that young girls *edit (and boys) DO see what real (ie, not manipulated, photoshopped, etc.) bodies look like in their daily life...in their real life. That they learn while it's nice to feel pretty - and really, what is that, anyway? - learn to be comfortable in their own skin, accept certain physical "flaws" (again, what is that, anyway?) ...easier said than done, I know. That shit can take a while!

Guess my point is that character and smarts and compassion and all that other good stuff are so much more important, in the end. Gender aside, that's what makes someone attractive to me. Not solely their breasts, or well-rounded butt (can I say butt?!), or six-pack abs or huge guns, and on.

It's the MEAT of the person.

That said, while we wouldn't ogle, pretty sure my husband and I would "notice" a topless woman driving or at the farmer's market or what have you, regardless of the state of her breasts.
    yes to the butt, no to the huge gun. reminds me too much of my derringer
    And please hold off on "six-pack"
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Nailed it. Hypocritical, narrow-minded moral crusaders. I've never understood that. Same thing with TV and movie ratings as well. OK to show people getting blown up or shot, but gods forbid a bare breast makes an appearance. I thought the moral majority was going to explode when Janet Jackson had her wardrobe malfunction. The FCC's phones were ringing off the hook. It was the end of the world for a minute.
    justin timberlake exposes nipple just as fighter jets roar on by. 

message: "down with the nipple, but up with blowing up our enemies! join us!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com