Options

PJ Album with the least Eddie Music

Besides Ten, does anyone know which PJ album Eddie contributed the least too, in terms of music?
On a side note, am I right in thinking that during 'the middle period' Yield - Self-titled / Avocado the other band members stepped up in the lyrics department, but that seems to have been absent in the last couple of releases.

Comments

• Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 230
    it's Yield. He only had 2 songs on that record. Wishlist and MFC. And only wrote half of the lyrics.
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    Joostone said:

it's Yield. He only had 2 songs on that record. Wishlist and MFC. And only wrote half of the lyrics.

Interesting since so many people love Yield. But it's great that fans love Eddie heavy stuff and non-Eddie heavy stuff.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Weird because Ten and Yield are my top two favorites but I generally love all Eddie-written songs
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Ive been on a Yield kick recently. Ive listened to that album several times over the last couple weeks. It flows very well.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    Temple of the Dog? :P
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    JojoRice said:

Ive been on a Yield kick recently. Ive listened to that album several times over the last couple weeks. It flows very well.

Hmm. Listening to that later. Been a few months.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I listen to Yield at least once a week. My favorite album, no doubt.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243

Listened to the whole thing last week for the first time in a few months. I usually just cherry pick the first 4 tracks and then stop, but made the commitment again to do the entire thing. Reminded me how strong the album overall.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    cracking album
    danny d
  • Options
    graham1978graham1978 Posts: 51
    edited April 2017
    Yield is my favourite too. I don't know why, but it just sounds like such a positive album to me. That's not to say it doesn't cover some serious emotional ground. I don't know what it is, the production? It has a real clean, crisp sound. Out of all their albums it's the one I come away feeling the most positive emotionally after listening to. Been listening to Low Light a lot recently.
    Post edited by graham1978 on
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Listened to the whole thing last week for the first time in a few months. I usually just cherry pick the first 4 tracks and then stop, but made the commitment again to do the entire thing. Reminded me how strong the album overall.
    I skip Pilate (sorry, I just can't with that song) but pretty much listen to the rest straight through.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Ed contributed to No Way, correct? He plays guitar/sitar on it live and that's usually a solid indication he wrote it. Throw in U and Leatherman, and you can see where Ed's contributions were.

I think that Ed's songwriting was at it's peak on the sessions for Binaural. Breakerfall, Light Years, Insignificance, Grievance, Soon Forget, Parting Ways, Sad, Education, Hitchhiker. I think that's all. Really amazing songwriting in those songs.
  • Options
    HawkeyeJamHawkeyeJam Posts: 209

Yield is my favourite too. I don't know why, but it just sounds like such a positive album to me. That's not to say it doesn't cover some serious emotional ground. I don't know what it is, the production? It has a real clean, crisp sound. Out of all their albums it's the one I come away feeling the most positive emotionally after listening to. Been listening to Low Light a lot recently.

It's the best Pearl Jam driver album. Put it on. Next time you have a couple of hours of running errands
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    Yield is my least favorite so I must have a thing for torment. Vitalogy is my favorite (coincidently very Ed heavy). I do enjoy the heck out of Ten though.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    graham1978graham1978 Posts: 51
    edited April 2017

It's the best Pearl Jam driver album. Put it on. Next time you have a couple of hours of running errands
    CD is now in the car :-)