Eddie Vedder to Headline Pilgrimage Festival

24

Comments

  • ponytdponytd NashvillePosts: 483
    Spoony C said:

    ponytd said:


    pjcord said:

    Does anyone know if this is a festival that would come close to selling out? I'm trying to convince a group to join me, and I don't see them being willing to pull the trigger on tickets six months in advance. Trying to figure out how long I can wait before buying tickets.

    It has not sold out, to my knowledge, either year (this is the 3rd year of this festival). Last year they did average about 15k people per day, which probably is somewhat close to a sellout. I figure maybe 17.5k people for a day. However, with bigger names this year, it could sell out. I do know there are a lot of people that live here that don't know much about it at all, which tells me they don't watch local news at all since it's been all over that
    And in recent years, the Nashville market has been really fast to sell out regular shows. Don't know if it's the music-biz connections taking up too many seats, or scalpers being particularly clever around there, but their arena shows (like two nights of Adele, or a Mumford & Sons show, to name two that gave trouble to my Nashville friends trying to buy) are often selling out in minutes. I think the presence of a superstar like Timberlake would drive this fest to sell much, much faster than it has in its first couple of years; probably the only reasons it didn't sell out immediately was the surprise-attack way it was announced on the on-sale date, and the $175 price tag being high for people only interested in JT.
    totally agree with all that
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 166
    VIP tickets are already sold out for the festival! Wish I had not waited now! Definitely not waiting to buy regular Admission
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 166
    VIP tickets are already sold out for the festival! Wish I had not waited now! Definitely not waiting to buy regular Admission
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TNPosts: 1,058
    Tickets: bought!

    See you all in September! :rock_on:
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

    '13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 NYC (Global Citizen Festival)
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,747
    VIP tickets sold out yesterday. Tier 1 passes are close to selling out. Just a heads up!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 3,229
    mfc2006 said:

    VIP tickets sold out yesterday. Tier 1 passes are close to selling out. Just a heads up!

    Tier 1 GA is now SOLD OUT. Tier 2 are $225/ea. I've been sleeping on buying these....fifty bucks is a big jump, doh!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,747
    jjflash said:

    mfc2006 said:

    VIP tickets sold out yesterday. Tier 1 passes are close to selling out. Just a heads up!

    Tier 1 GA is now SOLD OUT. Tier 2 are $225/ea. I've been sleeping on buying these....fifty bucks is a big jump, doh!
    Get 'em!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 184
    jjflash said:


    Tier 1 GA is now SOLD OUT. Tier 2 are $225/ea. I've been sleeping on buying these....fifty bucks is a big jump, doh!

    I may have (2) for you at $200 each. The $175 tickets actually came out at $206 or so per ticket. I ordered 10 and two people have since had second thoughts. Just an option if you delay in ordering!

  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 502
    Does anyone know the difference between tier 1 GA and tier 2, aside from the price? Im considering grabbing a couple but not sure what the extra $50 is for. Also, for anyone who has been there, can you get close to the main stage with these tickets or is it tough without the VIP tickets?
  • rbhesterrbhester Posts: 157
    bbiggs said:

    Does anyone know the difference between tier 1 GA and tier 2, aside from the price? Im considering grabbing a couple but not sure what the extra $50 is for. Also, for anyone who has been there, can you get close to the main stage with these tickets or is it tough without the VIP tickets?

    The $175 was an "early bird special". No difference other than the price went up after the initial release of tickets. Most festivals do similar things.
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 254
    Vedder must be playing Sunday at Pilgrimage. Slotted for Saturday night at the Bourbon & Beyond Fest in Louisville.
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 184

    Vedder must be playing Sunday at Pilgrimage. Slotted for Saturday night at the Bourbon & Beyond Fest in Louisville.

    Saw that. Figured JT would close it down considering he lives there. Maybe they both are playing Sunday? Hopefully JT plays Saturday night and the crowds are down Sunday for Ed.
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 254

    Vedder must be playing Sunday at Pilgrimage. Slotted for Saturday night at the Bourbon & Beyond Fest in Louisville.

    Saw that. Figured JT would close it down considering he lives there. Maybe they both are playing Sunday? Hopefully JT plays Saturday night and the crowds are down Sunday for Ed.
    Thinking and hoping the same thing.

  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TNPosts: 1,058
    So now I know that I'll have to save some energy for Sunday. I'll take Saturday easy haha
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

    '13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 NYC (Global Citizen Festival)
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 502
    rbhester said:

    bbiggs said:

    Does anyone know the difference between tier 1 GA and tier 2, aside from the price? Im considering grabbing a couple but not sure what the extra $50 is for. Also, for anyone who has been there, can you get close to the main stage with these tickets or is it tough without the VIP tickets?

    The $175 was an "early bird special". No difference other than the price went up after the initial release of tickets. Most festivals do similar things.
    Thanks.
  • JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,185

    Vedder must be playing Sunday at Pilgrimage. Slotted for Saturday night at the Bourbon & Beyond Fest in Louisville.

    Where did you see this info
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 8,613
    JB23237 said:

    Vedder must be playing Sunday at Pilgrimage. Slotted for Saturday night at the Bourbon & Beyond Fest in Louisville.

    Where did you see this info
    B&B fest has artists split by days on their website...

    http://bourbonandbeyond.com/the-basics/music/


    hippiemom = goodness
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,333
    I have already bought tics to Pilgrimage, which is probably the best choice for me anyway. But the B&B sounds good too. I just wish they weren't on the same weekend. Rarely do we get PJ or Ed in this part of the country so I wish I was able to take advantage of both. Although one festival per year is probably enough for me. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • ponytdponytd NashvillePosts: 483
    Kinda weird that the same day Eddie is playing here, the Seahawks are playing the Titans in Nashville too. Guess that means I have to miss the Titans game now lol
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 184
    ponytd said:

    Kinda weird that the same day Eddie is playing here, the Seahawks are playing the Titans in Nashville too. Guess that means I have to miss the Titans game now lol

    I know the Louisville poster has Ed listed as Saturday, has the Pilgrimage released days yet? A quick look couldn't find anything.

    I like that matchup, with JT probably playing Saturday night, an afternoon Titans game against a good team who hasn't been here in a while should be another reason to keep the crowds down Sunday night! Better for me!
  • ponytdponytd NashvillePosts: 483

    ponytd said:

    Kinda weird that the same day Eddie is playing here, the Seahawks are playing the Titans in Nashville too. Guess that means I have to miss the Titans game now lol

    I know the Louisville poster has Ed listed as Saturday, has the Pilgrimage released days yet? A quick look couldn't find anything.

    I like that matchup, with JT probably playing Saturday night, an afternoon Titans game against a good team who hasn't been here in a while should be another reason to keep the crowds down Sunday night! Better for me!
    No, they haven't released the days/times yet. But based on Eddie playing on Saturday at Louisville, he'd almost have to play on Sunday at Pilgrimage. Unless he does something crazy like play a mid day set in Louisville and then night set at Pilgrimage the same day
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,747
    can't wait for this!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 184
    It is looking like i am going to have 2 tickets for sale. I am asking $400 for the pair. It is actually a little less than what you would have paid per ticket had you bought them the day they went on sale. If this is in the wrong place, let me know and I will move it. Thanks!
  • 3days3days Posts: 623
    I was wondering if anybody can give me some good info on the festival... Lotsa questions. I checked the website, and even emailed Pilgrimage, but came up somewhat short. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, or ignoring the obvious.

    Do they sell single day tickets?

    VIP weekend passes are sold out. Do they sell single day VIP tickets?

    Parking passes are currently sold out. What is the best way to get to and from the main cluster of Franklin hotels (East and Northeast of the Park)? I would assume that Uber is tough due to crowded small town streets, and the masses. It also occurred to me that it might be quicker walking, as opposed to driving. Is the walk reasonable/safe?

    Lastly, any important items to bring into the fest? I would think sunscreen and poncho, but was wondering if there are any other recommendations.

    Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!
  • ponytdponytd NashvillePosts: 483
    3days said:

    I was wondering if anybody can give me some good info on the festival... Lotsa questions. I checked the website, and even emailed Pilgrimage, but came up somewhat short. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, or ignoring the obvious.

    Do they sell single day tickets?

    VIP weekend passes are sold out. Do they sell single day VIP tickets?

    Parking passes are currently sold out. What is the best way to get to and from the main cluster of Franklin hotels (East and Northeast of the Park)? I would assume that Uber is tough due to crowded small town streets, and the masses. It also occurred to me that it might be quicker walking, as opposed to driving. Is the walk reasonable/safe?

    Lastly, any important items to bring into the fest? I would think sunscreen and poncho, but was wondering if there are any other recommendations.

    Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

    I don't think they sell single day tickets. at least not yet. it's possible they will later
    There is a place called the Factory of Franklin that is 1/2 a mile south on Franklin Rd from the farm that they usually have parking at for like $10. You can probably do Uber/Lyft with no problem also. The main road that the farm is located on will be shut down to thru traffic that weekend most likely, but the surrounding roads are fine for traffic. It's a safe walk.

    Yes, bring sunscreen. if history is any indicator, it will be 80+ degrees with high humidity and lots of sun. Especially on that Sunday since the Titans are playing at home that day and it's usually absurdly hot for those games lol.

    feel free to ping me if you have any other questions
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,747
    ponytd said:

    3days said:

    I was wondering if anybody can give me some good info on the festival... Lotsa questions. I checked the website, and even emailed Pilgrimage, but came up somewhat short. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, or ignoring the obvious.

    Do they sell single day tickets?

    VIP weekend passes are sold out. Do they sell single day VIP tickets?

    Parking passes are currently sold out. What is the best way to get to and from the main cluster of Franklin hotels (East and Northeast of the Park)? I would assume that Uber is tough due to crowded small town streets, and the masses. It also occurred to me that it might be quicker walking, as opposed to driving. Is the walk reasonable/safe?

    Lastly, any important items to bring into the fest? I would think sunscreen and poncho, but was wondering if there are any other recommendations.

    Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

    I don't think they sell single day tickets. at least not yet. it's possible they will later
    There is a place called the Factory of Franklin that is 1/2 a mile south on Franklin Rd from the farm that they usually have parking at for like $10. You can probably do Uber/Lyft with no problem also. The main road that the farm is located on will be shut down to thru traffic that weekend most likely, but the surrounding roads are fine for traffic. It's a safe walk.

    Yes, bring sunscreen. if history is any indicator, it will be 80+ degrees with high humidity and lots of sun. Especially on that Sunday since the Titans are playing at home that day and it's usually absurdly hot for those games lol.

    feel free to ping me if you have any other questions
    great info! thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 3days3days Posts: 623
    ponytd said:

    3days said:

    I was wondering if anybody can give me some good info on the festival... Lotsa questions. I checked the website, and even emailed Pilgrimage, but came up somewhat short. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, or ignoring the obvious.

    Do they sell single day tickets?

    VIP weekend passes are sold out. Do they sell single day VIP tickets?

    Parking passes are currently sold out. What is the best way to get to and from the main cluster of Franklin hotels (East and Northeast of the Park)? I would assume that Uber is tough due to crowded small town streets, and the masses. It also occurred to me that it might be quicker walking, as opposed to driving. Is the walk reasonable/safe?

    Lastly, any important items to bring into the fest? I would think sunscreen and poncho, but was wondering if there are any other recommendations.

    Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

    I don't think they sell single day tickets. at least not yet. it's possible they will later
    There is a place called the Factory of Franklin that is 1/2 a mile south on Franklin Rd from the farm that they usually have parking at for like $10. You can probably do Uber/Lyft with no problem also. The main road that the farm is located on will be shut down to thru traffic that weekend most likely, but the surrounding roads are fine for traffic. It's a safe walk.

    Yes, bring sunscreen. if history is any indicator, it will be 80+ degrees with high humidity and lots of sun. Especially on that Sunday since the Titans are playing at home that day and it's usually absurdly hot for those games lol.

    feel free to ping me if you have any other questions
    Much appreciated! Thanks for the info, and the offer.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,747
    I have a feeling we may see/hear some cool collaborations!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 184
    Supposed to be a big announcement coming today from the Pilgrimage Festival, according to their facebook. 

    Shameless plug, It is also looking like I will have two extra tickets and will sell the pair for $400 (less than what I paid!).
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 184
    And the big announcement is the day each performer will be there.  Kind of what we expected with Eddie confirmed in Louisville Saturday night.

Sign In or Register to comment.