Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Yield Round 2

Comments

• Options
    All Those Yesterdays
    rummy said:

I'm very surprised MFC has earned multiple votes this early on. I initially thought it might be a candidate to be a finalist!

Me too, I like the song much more than others on this album.
    If Brain of J pass this round will get my vote in the next, sorry....
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Wishlist
    Should we discuss "Untitled" here? You know, "I got a car. I got some cash..." The song that is often played before MFC.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Low Light
    My vote will be very unpopular, but this has always been the one song on this album that I usually skip. It's like Off He Goes estranged brother, but less interesting.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    MFC
    tbergs said:

My vote will be very unpopular, but this has always been the one song on this album that I usually skip. It's like Off He Goes estranged brother, but less interesting.

I never thought of it like that but I do agree with you.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MFC
    rummy said:

mfc2006 said:

like this song a lot...
    even though MFC are my initials, it's my least favorite of the remaining songs.

Admittedly, I thought​ your username was a tribute to the song!

...and aren't we forgetting that a Pearl Jam member has these initials? Matt Fuckin' Cameron?
    ha! most people do! and Cameron is a fucking beast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    MFC
    rummy said:

rummy said:

I'm very surprised MFC has earned multiple votes this early on. I initially thought it might be a candidate to be a finalist!

Really? I'm not a huge fan of this song either.
    Well, finalist might have been pushing it but definitely final four. Plus it only had one vote last round (although over 90% went to the three eliminated songs so that might not be very telling).

I'm not surprised by the round 1 results (I'm sure none of are) but I would have predicted Wishlist, No Way and All Those Yesterdays to go out this round (I'm two out of three, I guess). I would then think Low Light, Evolution (overplayed backlash), and Faithfull would go next. Then Brain of J and MFC going down in the second last round leaving Given To Fly and In Hiding to battle it out in the championship round.
    Alright rummy....quick sandbagging and vote!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wishlist
    Wishlist is a great example of simple being excellent, and I love it for being the first PJ song I learned to play, but it is not much fun to listen to after many many times.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Wishlist
    tbergs said:

I'd go so far to say I didn't l even like Low Light until a few years ago. However, it grew on me and I love that last note EV holds seemingly forever during it's live performances.
  • Options
    Wishlist

rummy said:

rummy said:

Well, finalist might have been pushing it but definitely final four. Plus it only had one vote last round (although over 90% went to the three eliminated songs so that might not be very telling).

I'm not surprised by the round 1 results (I'm sure none of are) but I would have predicted Wishlist, No Way and All Those Yesterdays to go out this round (I'm two out of three, I guess). I would then think Low Light, Evolution (overplayed backlash), and Faithfull would go next. Then Brain of J and MFC going down in the second last round leaving Given To Fly and In Hiding to battle it out in the championship round.
    No Way (or Wishlist).
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    MFC
    rummy said:

rummy said:

rummy said:

No Way (or Wishlist).
    Hmmnn...both are great songs. Tough choice. Desert island scenario I would pick No Way as tired of Wishlist but when it came out I loved it.
  • Options
    Do The Evolution
    Wishlist isn't getting a lot of respect.

Simple, but solid. Lends itself well to some Ed political ramblings.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Wishlist
    Wishlist is the only song that I skip regularly, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm sad to see MFC and No Way getting so many votes, I love them both. They are both turn it up songs for me.

Unfortunately I think DTE is next, really like the song but the others just mean more to me.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    All Those Yesterdays
    All good songs, I don't tend to skip any of the remaining ones.
    I'm also surprised by the number of votes for MFC. I remember the day Yield was released the local radio station played the album on repeat for most of the afternoon. For several days after that the station got so many calls to play MFC.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    MFC
    Kind of easy..No Way its amazing song and needs to stay..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Do The Evolution
    Favourite album... Add L-man in there and you are as close to perfection as you could possibly be!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    MFC
    I always thought Wishlist was a bore, but it really picked up for me this past tour. Not sure why
  • Options
    Wishlist

I always thought Wishlist was a bore, but it really picked up for me this past tour. Not sure why

They probably played it faster.
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 276
    Wishlist
    Wishlist was always good but not great, to me personally. I'm surprised by the No Way votes. But that being said, how do you vote for any song on this album.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    All Those Yesterdays
    DTE in contention already???
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    All Those Yesterdays
    It was more or less a coin flip...ATY lost...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Low Light
    Apparently if it was commercially popular and had a great accompanying music video, it doesn't get any love from the fan base. See Jeremy and DTE. Still like this song, but the '98 live versions will always be far superior.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Wishlist
    Admittedly, I chose Wishlist in order to (potentially) help save Do The Evolution. No Way is already on its way out and there was no way I was going to vote for MFC.

Low Light was in contention for a vote. It'll get mine next round for sure.
  • Options
    Wishlist

rummy said:

rummy said:

Done.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Low Light
    tbergs said:

Great analogy.

LL has become my bathroom break song, it just doesn't do much for me.
  • Options
    Wishlist

tbergs said:

Great analogy.

It seems they've been playing it more frequently on the recent tours.

Also, you must be going to the washroom quite early in the show as it's usually one of the slow openers!

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Brain Of J.
    It appears that I am all alone out here on Brain Of J island.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Low Light
    rummy said:

tbergs said:

Great analogy.

It seems they've been playing it more frequently on the recent tours.

Also, you must be going to the washroom quite early in the show as it's usually one of the slow openers!

It's more of a beer run than a bathroom break, you got me. :D
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Wishlist
    Being this is my favorite album,I dread the remaining rounds.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Brain Of J.
    Not an easy choice. It's punkish, punchy and has serious cohones. I like it better than Wishlist but as far as a song goes have to acknowledge WL is superior. Fantastic album :sunglasses:
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 276
    Wishlist
    Early on it looks as if we're heading toward a Given to Fly/In Hiding final!
This discussion has been closed.