Options

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb [LP] Reissue

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    That's...random. ATYCLB would make sense since it brought them back and, well, Atomic Bomb is kinda junk.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,252
    City of Blinding Lights is my favourite song on the album. Vertigo isn't too shabby.

It's too bad though. I would love vinyl copies of Zooropa and Pop before this one. I love those two albums even though they aren't critically acclaimed ;)
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    So weird that they are skipping Zooropa and Pop
    I assume they are waiting on ATYCLB because they can do a big 20th thing.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    I loved U2 through there first 3 albums and then sort of lost interest save for a few songs here and there. I don't remember hearing "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" ever. What were they into at the time?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    I really like HTDAAB...might have to pick this up.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    Always thought Miracle Drug was underrated
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Zod said:

City of Blinding Lights is my favourite song on the album. Vertigo isn't too shabby.

It's too bad though. I would love vinyl copies of Zooropa and Pop before this one. I love those two albums even though they aren't critically acclaimed ;)

Agreed, I've been wanting those on vinyl for a while but can't justify the secondary market price. Aside from The Joshua Tree, Pop is my favorite. Very under-appreciated album.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,252

Zod said:

Agreed, I've been wanting those on vinyl for a while but can't justify the secondary market price. Aside from The Joshua Tree, Pop is my favorite. Very under-appreciated album.
    I was filing some records I bought at a record show the other weekend. When I was putting in my copies of War and October, I noticed I had a copy of Zooropa. I totally forgot I had one. I really need to start cataloging my stuff. I must of bought it the same time I was looking for a copy of Pop. I remember looking about 6 or 7 years ago and there was the odd used copy of pop on ebay for $60ish USD. Not sure why I didn't pull the trigger. Now the lowest it's $120 to $140 :( I hope it gets a reissue.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I'm guessing they are holding off on Pop because they want to spend a bit of time with it and give it a mix that they are happy with. Those new mixes for the best of turned out well. If they weren't trying to finish a new album, I'm guessing we would be seeing a 20th set for that this year along with Joshua Tree.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This is one of my guilty pleasure records. I formed a connection to several songs at a time when going through some shit, so I have that respect for it. i think it is a solid album.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Probably my favorite post 90's U2 album, mostly because I went to my only ever U2 concert for the subsequent tour and was on the rail.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    I haven't listened to this album in years. I liked it quite a bit when it came out though (which hadn't happened for a while with U2 at the time). So I'm listening to it right now for the first time in maybe 10 years..... It still sounds pretty good to me - kind of like I just heard it last week rather than last decade. I'll probably buy this reissue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    great find op! one of my favorites!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......