Options

Is Pearl Jam the GOAT?

13»

Comments

• Options
    The 5 year run up until the end for The Beatles will never be matched in terms of quality. My fav is still Pearl Jam though haha.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353

The 5 year run up until the end for The Beatles will never be matched in terms of quality. My fav is still Pearl Jam though haha.

True. Although The Stones from 1968-1972 and Led Zep from 1969-1975 were pretty solid (as was Pearl Jam 1991-1998).
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Definitely
    One of the greatest of our time.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    kramer73 said:

One of the greatest of our time.

This is all bittersweet for me. It seems like we're closing the door on PJ. With the RNRHOF induction, there's nothing left to prove. For example, for me, U2 haven't put out anything vital for 15+ years since All That You Can't Leave Behind or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. I think Avocado was the last PJ album I really tried to get into but it was a mixed bag for me.

But from 1991-1998, and a few bright spots here and there, PJ is definitely one of the GOATs!
  • Options
    P.S. - that's a long run form 1991-1998...seven years. The Beatles did the same thing: 1963-1970. PJ will be in the hall with Beatles and Chuck Berry. Fuckin' awesome!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Of the last 25 years? Very possibly. Of the last 65 years, doubtful.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Found this quote about Clapton, but I think it's relevant to many of the GOATs including new RNRHOFers PJ.

"Maybe Clapton doesn’t give a damn about how many plays “Motherless Children” has on Spotify or whether millennials have the appropriate amount of reverence for all he’s done. Maybe caring about someone else’s legacy is a fan hangup fueled by our inability to accept the passage of time and the rising irrelevance of everything we’ve ever held dear. Or, maybe it’s just about sharing cool shit and not wanting it to get dismissed, out of hand, because a particular artist is known more as dad’s favorite easy-listening staple than as a rock God in repose."

• Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Unquestionably
    Well said.