"Day Without A Woman" - General Strike - March 8, 2017

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    It I'll be great to march any reason to oppose this administrations agenda I'm down !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Pearl Jam - Leavin Here - Brooklyn 2013

https://youtu.be/7XNQKhYN1so

OP this would be better off on ACTS.

Wait are you all of a sudden a moderator? Hey Kat or sea how about a red flag on this post ???
    No.
    It's just that yourself and the OP really are behind this and want to drum up some support.
    ACTS is a perfect spot to bring awareness to this wonderful cause that you are behind.
    This way it wont be subject to AMT bullshit.
    Yes lol like the bullshit you spew yeah ok thanks for the advice hey a ? For you how does it feel to support a band that does not align itself with any of your political views at all ?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2017
    mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    37 whoa that's a whole lot of folks compared to what 600,000 marched yeah ok let's stay home folks !!!!
    Just throwing it out there...employers have rights as well. The right to fire your ass for not coming into work!
    lol like I said sit on your hands , me & my wife have jobs too and we have something called PTO no problem With our employer to get days off !! So yeah I'll be supporting as many marches I can !!
    Muy bueno for you bro. I choose to take my family on vacations with my PTO instead of to these liberal marches that are all but forgotten a week later. To each their own I guess. It is a bit ironic that you and your wife use PTO to march for employee rights, lol.
    lol yeah I'm marching for my daughter future rights how about you what are you sitting on your hands for who's rights ? , i vacation all the time using my 5weeks vacation time I accrued every yr so no problem getting to these great marches and vacations !!!!
    I feel that my wife and I are actually very privileged as far as employment rights. Neither of us feel the need to march out of liberal fabricated fear. Let me know when the next march in support of our veterans happens...I'll join that one. You are an immigrant and get 5 weeks paid vacation...remind me again what is unfair about that?
    Cool but no you can find out about those marches yourself I'm more worried about her rights then anything else on my horizons, I immigrated here in 1971 from Chile I'm now 56 yrs old I'm a USA citizen along with every single member of my family been working & paying taxes from this employer for the last 23 yrs it's called seniority you start off with 1 weeks vacation and you build up I maxed out at 5 weeks...it's called being a dependable employee that's why I have 5 weeks paid vacation !! America has always been great we don't need a bafoon to make it great again !!!
    One more note none of my immigrant family members have never been arrested or even been in a police car let alone police custody !!!
    Not sure why you felt the need to throw that last part in, but whatever. Sounds like you are responsible and are doing your part to contribute, unlike many illegal aliens.
    wow. way to generalize illegal aliens. you should be really proud of yourself.
    I said many...and it's true.
    I know what you said...and it's pretty damn disgusting. But hey, that's my opinion.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. I'm disgusted by the cost of illegal aliens.
    I know. All those employers paying them off the books, or not submitting the withholdings but putting them in their pocket. shameful.
    Hey, I agree with you. They shouldn't be doing those things. Illegal aliens should be paying their hospital bills, taxes, insurance, etc. employers of them should be accountable for checking to ensure they are legal citizens or face substantial fines.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017

Wait are you all of a sudden a moderator? Hey Kat or sea how about a red flag on this post ???
    No.
    It's just that yourself and the OP really are behind this and want to drum up some support.
    ACTS is a perfect spot to bring awareness to this wonderful cause that you are behind.
    Yes lol like the bullshit you spew yeah ok thanks for the advice hey a ? For you how does it feel to support a band that does not align itself with any of your political views at all ?
    We all be thinking with our different brains
    Get yours off my plate, it's alright
    I got my own way to believe

No.
    We all be thinking with our different brains
    Get yours off my plate, it's alright
    I got my own way to believe
    Very well then you should do what you preach !!
    Bump it I'll be marching to support !!!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    I read the link, and I really just don't know what the purpose of this march is?
    It is said to raise awareness to show the country what a day without women would look like, and to show the impact they have on our daily life and economy.
    But who is arguing that? I haven't heard a single person say we would be better off, or even just as well off, if women did not participate in our business. My wife is a stay-at-home mom, a decision we made when our oldest was born and has caused us to struggle financially, but wanted to do it for our kids (found out she was pregnant the week the 2013 tour was announced and canceled my tour plans!). Even if she were to "take a day off" means I'd have to miss work to take care of the kids.
    Even Trump's own daughter has run his business. So who is saying we need our country to recognize the importance of women? Serious question.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mace1229 said:

I read the link, and I really just don't know what the purpose of this march is?
    It is said to raise awareness to show the country what a day without women would look like, and to show the impact they have on our daily life and economy.
    But who is arguing that? I haven't heard a single person say we would be better off, or even just as well off, if women did not participate in our business. My wife is a stay-at-home mom, a decision we made when our oldest was born and has caused us to struggle financially, but wanted to do it for our kids (found out she was pregnant the week the 2013 tour was announced and canceled my tour plans!). Even if she were to "take a day off" means I'd have to miss work to take care of the kids.
    Even Trump's own daughter has run his business. So who is saying we need our country to recognize the importance of women? Serious question.

Your negative view seems to be pretty indicative of an eagerness to dismiss anything you perceive to be liberal or progressive.

Nobody is saying that cancer doesn't exist, yet we still have cancer awareness events.

Nobody says that children should be sold as sex-slaves, yet we still have human trafficking awareness events. I could go on, but you should get the point.
    The man elected to be our leader has said many disgusting things about women, so you might try empathising with what it is like to imagine society as a whole adopting those attitudes and what the consequences would be for girls and women.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mace1229 said:

"A day without a few liberals" would be a more apt title. Fewer and fewer are buying into these liberal funded fear tactics. Just as many conservatives blew the gun confiscation fears out of proportion, the liberals are doing the same with (insert today's topic). Conservatives as a whole are not at war with women, legal immigrants, black people, etc, etc, etc. These marches are funded by politicians for politics.
    edited February 2017
    mace1229 said:

Off course why would you see the purpose I guess you don't see anything wrong with women's issues being attacked by this administration...
    Post edited by josevolution on

mace1229 said:

Off course why would you see the purpose I guess you don't see anything wrong with liberal issues being attacked by this administration...
    There, fixed that for you.
    PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

Off course why would you see the purpose I guess you don't see anything wrong with liberal issues being attacked by this administration...
    Like I said keep sitting on your hands and I won't even report you to mods for editing my post I don't mind being a liberal at all , let us know when you hands fall asleep underneath your seat !!
    edited February 2017
    rgambs said:

mace1229 said:

Your negative view seems to be pretty indicative of an eagerness to dismiss anything you perceive to be liberal or progressive.

Nobody is saying that cancer doesn't exist, yet we still have cancer awareness events.

Nobody says that children should be sold as sex-slaves, yet we still have human trafficking awareness events. I could go on, but you should get the point.
    The man elected to be our leader has said many disgusting things about women, so you might try empathising with what it is like to imagine society as a whole adopting those attitudes and what the consequences would be for girls and women.
    How is anything I said negative?
    There are human trafficking awareness events because there are people who think it doesn't exist. There are cancer awareness events because there are people who don't realize the importance of screenings and prevention.
    All I asked was for clarification. If this is to bring awareness of the importance of females in our society, as the link suggested it was, who doesn't already realize their importance?
    You can argue it is to demonstrate their disapproval of the current administration, or their fear of some rights being taken away and that's fine. But that isn't what the link suggested that was posted. And it is a serious question, if walkout is to demonstrate the importance of females, who is arguing against that? Or is that not the goal?
    "A Day Without a Mexican" or "Immigrant" was designed to show the impact immigrants have on the economy and work force when talks about deportation are big. That makes sense to demonstrate the importance, without immigrants (mostly focused on illegals) who is going to complete the farming labor. But to me this doesn't seem to apply to women, because no one is talking about taking them out of the work force, deporting them, or anything that would make someone realize "you know, this job is much tougher without my female coworkers."
    My first time asking was out of genuine interest, when I don't get a serious answer I start to question if anyone involved in the demonstration understand its purpose.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

Like I said keep sitting on your hands and I won't even report you to mods for editing my post I don't mind being a liberal at all , let us know when you hands fall asleep underneath your seat !!
    I may notice my sleepy hands if my eyes were not so sore from the constant rolling every time I read about a new bafoon-brained "a day without" march.
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

I may notice my sleepy hands if my eyes were not so sore from the constant rolling.
    Exactly bafoon does that to you it's hard to keep up with all the bafoonery !!
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

I may notice my sleepy hands if my eyes were not so sore from the constant rolling.
    Oh, my eyes roll plenty towards "bafoon" as well, I don't remember ever saying I liked the cheeto...just that I liked Hillary and some liberal agendas even less. That's right, liberal agendas are worse than bafoonery...they are Hillabafoonery
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

Oh, my eyes roll plenty towards "bafoon" as well, I don't remember ever saying I liked the cheeto...just that I liked Hillary and some liberal agendas even less. That's right, liberal agendas are worse than bafoonery...they are Hillabafoonery
    You see you rolled your eyes so much your back to Clinton try to keep up it's now bafoon time it's his show we're talking about !!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mace1229 said:

rgambs said:

mace1229 said:

How is anything I said negative?
    There are human trafficking awareness events because there are people who think it doesn't exist. There are cancer awareness events because there are people who don't realize the importance of screenings and prevention.
    All I asked was for clarification. If this is to bring awareness of the importance of females in our society, as the link suggested it was, who doesn't already realize their importance?
    You can argue it is to demonstrate their disapproval of the current administration, or their fear of some rights being taken away and that's fine. But that isn't what the link suggested that was posted. And it is a serious question, if walkout is to demonstrate the importance of females, who is arguing against that? Or is that not the goal?
    "A Day Without a Mexican" or "Immigrant" was designed to show the impact immigrants have on the economy and work force when talks about deportation are big. That makes sense to demonstrate the importance, without immigrants (mostly focused on illegals) who is going to complete the farming labor. But to me this doesn't seem to apply to women, because no one is talking about taking them out of the work force, deporting them, or anything that would make someone realize "you know, this job is much tougher without my female coworkers."
    My first time asking was out of genuine interest, when I don't get a serious answer I start to question if anyone involved in the demonstration understand its purpose.
    I see nothing wrong with your questions, for the record.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

When is the "a day without babies" march?
    Or the "a day without abortion clinics"- that will show em.
    my2hands said:
    I'm guessing from the string of links that you are posing issues people have with current propositions.
    But my question was how does this walkout address that? The original link posted stated that the walkout was to demonstrate the importance of women in our community.
    So I am gathering that either the original post was incorrect and this march is about women's rights and not about their value in our culture, or many joining the cause unsure what it is really about, or that I am completely clueless as to the amount of people who actually find women useless in our society.
    PJPOWER said:

When is the "a day without babies" march?
    Or the "a day without abortion clinics"- that will show em.

Stop sitting on your hands and start/organize your own march for these causes you feel passionate about !!