Options

NO CODE SYMBOLS AND MEANING?

So curiosity has got the better of me, I was thinking about the symbol associated with no code, the one with the eye inside the triangle inside the square (sorry i dont know how to post pictures on here). anyway was wondering if it was their own design or if it was taken from some where else and does it have any special meaning? I am just after any insight and information you guys and girls may have. Also i am under the impression that there seems to be some theories regarding the album that there's lots of hidden codes and meanings through out the album and artwork
I have heard that the album was called No code because there was no bar code included on the album itself be because they were not interested in album sales, also heard it was called no code because it was actually full of codes. and obviously when you open the album out you can see the "seeing eye" image inside the polaroids
feel free to discuss and share your knowledge and thoughts, cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Illuminati - :wink:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Illuminati - :wink:

Yep. That is definitely an illuminati symbol. It represents the all knowing, all seeing eye of consciousness.

As to wether or not they meant anything by it, or if any of the band members are involved with the Illuminati, I have no idea.
    So how do I know what it is?? In 2014, I got that tattooed right at the base of my neck, between my shoulders... and had an illuminati greet me, just before scolding me for the tattoo; apparently they are against them? I had to explain it was from a PJ album, and I just thought it looked cool. BUT.. I got to ask what it was... anyhow that's as much as I know.. btw.. had no idea that the illuminati still practiced! But.. they do.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Whatever it says on the dollar bill
  • Options
    I don't know anything about the symbols, but I could have sworn the title was discussed in an old thread or interview. "No Code" is the same as "Do Not Resuscitate", a hospital order (DNR). Given all the issues the band was having at the time, I think it was a half kidding/half brutally honest notion. If the band fell apart, if they couldn't get a solid drummer, if drinking was too much, if it didn't sell, they were saying 'let us go'.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560

I don't know anything about the symbols, but I could have sworn the title was discussed in an old thread or interview. "No Code" is the same as "Do Not Resuscitate", a hospital order (DNR). Given all the issues the band was having at the time, I think it was a half kidding/half brutally honest notion. If the band fell apart, if they couldn't get a solid drummer, if drinking was too much, if it didn't sell, they were saying 'let us go'.

This is what I remember as well.
    I always thought the symbol was just a circle in a triangle. Has any band members actually confirmed it is an "eye"?
    Also thought the CD looked like a Ouija board, so take that with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    If you stare at the LP cover of No Code, you will see that it predicted the Trump presidency.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I remember this too.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    If you take all the polaroids and put them together,the all seeing eye is clearly visible from a few feet away.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Oak Island Money Pit
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    DewieCox said:

Oak Island Money Pit

hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,854
    Crystal skulls!
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Ever since I saw that symbol back in '96, I have worn a tinfoil hat to bed to keep them from seeing my dreams.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Just fyi, the all-seeing eye is a triangle inside a circle, not the other way around.