Options

Rocksmith

Thinking about borrowing my brothers Xbox 360 or PS3 and pick up Rocksmith..

Anyone played it? How's the Pearl Jam selection? There's two games, which one has Pearl Jam?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    It's a pretty fun game. At times I have issues with the game picking up some of the lower notes that I play but it's generally not that big of an issue. There is a Pearl Jam DLC pack that has Black, Alive and Jeremy that can be purchased on either game. I'd recommend getting the 2014 edition of Rocksmith, as the UI just feels smoother.
  • Options

It's a pretty fun game. At times I have issues with the game picking up some of the lower notes that I play but it's generally not that big of an issue. There is a Pearl Jam DLC pack that has Black, Alive and Jeremy that can be purchased on either game. I'd recommend getting the 2014 edition of Rocksmith, as the UI just feels smoother.

Ok!

I have never touched a guitarr pretty much. Will that be a problem? ;)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I have the 2014 edition with the PJ bundle amoung many others(WS,Blind Melon,Hendrix)
    I play with my bass and it's bad ass.
    Lessons as well for a levels.

Turns your real guitar into a guitar hero
    format.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited February 2017
    Not much pj.... but a huge selection.

Buy the old one and 2014. All the old tracks will be playable in 2014. The first version has more "basic" songs that are much easier for a beginner
  • Options
    Damn. A year ago or so there were great deals on the bundle with a guitar. Now (in Sweden atleast) it's quite expansive.

But will buy it. Could be cool!
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Find a good teacher, it'lol be much better for you.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    The original pretty much taught me guitar. I remember playing the mini games that taught speed and memorizing the frets. Good times.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    ehbacon said:

This is true but you can't get a teacher or lessons that go 24/7 at your convenience.
    This is just a video game that teaches you something.
    If you gave this to a kid they would be playing in no time!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    ehbacon said:

More interested in finding some time to game than to learn guitar. So learning guitar is just a positive side effect of this :)
  • Options

The original pretty much taught me guitar. I remember playing the mini games that taught speed and memorizing the frets. Good times.

Cool!

Just need to decide if Im gonna get it for Ps3 or X360.

Too bad I can't find a good deal on it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXvahVxtZYQ

Learn to play 5 alt-rock hits from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s latest inductees, Pearl Jam! “Even Flow,” “Rearviewmirror,” “Do The Evolution,” “Last Exit,” and “Yellow Ledbetter” will be available today on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam. The songs may be posted later for players in territories served by the European PlayStation Store due to differences in publishing times. See the tunings and arrangements below.

“Even Flow” – E Standard – Lead; Drop D - Rhythm/Bass; Open D – Alt Rhythm
    “Rearviewmirror” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Do The Evolution” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Last Exit” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Yellow Ledbetter – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass