Options

Strongest Ed Vocal Performance?

bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
What live show and/or song stands out for Ed really letting it fly? For me, Unplugged in '92. Porch displayed some pretty damn powerful vocals.

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    before the rain came at Wrigley 13 - Ed was rather beastly......
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    footsteps from rockline
  • Options
    Read "Strangest Ed Vocal Performance" and thought "Oh this seems interesting".

Strongest hmm... Unplugged obviously comes to mind.

Black from MIlano 2006.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    Masters of War @ the Dylan show in '92
  • Options
    rbhester said:

Didn't know about this from '92. I'll have to check it out. I thought it was awesome at the 2016 shows.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I really like the Footsteps from the Jeremy single which I think was recorded live at on a radio station (rockline?).
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    With a topic about Lowlight on the front page I am reminded how well Ed belted it out during Worcester 2. Love that version.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    1996-2005
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Arc from some of the solo shows circa 2009.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,780

Arc from some of the solo shows circa 2009.

Agreed. Intimate venue, emotional track, silent crowd. Got chills seeing that live.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Well it s definitely not love reign over me!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    The Who tribute, Reign and The Real me
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,853
    Anything from 93-94. The version of blood from the orpheum show in 94...Very impressive.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,840
    Like 2 feign said just take your pick 96-05. Soooooo many great performances. Ed's voice at one point was flawless.
    https://youtu.be/SDSStJ9I754
  • Options
    cc294283cc294283 chicago Posts: 13
    Rearview mirror regal theater
    chicago stadium 3/94, regal theater 3/94, milwaukee 14 greenville 16 wrigley 1$2 16
  • Options
    EB218946 said:

Like 2 feign said just take your pick 96-05. Soooooo many great performances. Ed's voice at one point was flawless.

Any thoughts on why his voice is no longer flawless? I mean the guy still sounds amazing, but if he is not at his peak anymore, is it just a product of aging, smoking, something else?
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,840
    bbiggs said:

EB218946 said:

Any thoughts on why his voice is no longer flawless? I mean the guy still sounds amazing, but if he is not at his peak anymore, is it just a product of aging, smoking, something else?
    My man I am not hating on Ed at all. I will follow these guys until their last performance. Just stating a fact at one time (over a course of many years) this guys voice was dam near perfect in my opinion. Does he still sound good for 50 of course.
  • Options
    EB218946 said:

bbiggs said:

EB218946 said:

My man I am not hating on Ed at all. I will follow these guys until their last performance. Just stating a fact at one time (over a course of many years) this guys voice was dam near perfect in my opinion. Does he still sound good for 50 of course.
    For sure. I got ya bud. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I agree with everything you said.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    bbiggs said:

rbhester said:

Didn't know about this from '92. I'll have to check it out. I thought it was awesome at the 2016 shows.
    Someone stole Eds notebook/briefcase so he was angry as fuck
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    EB218946 said:

bbiggs said:

EB218946 said:

Absolutely correct. Everything he covered became my new favorite version during that phase. I mean, just listen to some of those You've Got to Hide Your Love performances in '03. I'd add '94 and '06 in to that range as well.
    It's a hopeless situation...