Options

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
A thread for all things related to this episode.
As you may or may not know, the title for ep 8 has been announced as "The Last Jedi".
I am thinking that means that Luke will die?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Red instead of yellow for the title card. Significance, perhaps?
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I saw the red text along with the title and thought, "this is bad news for somebody".
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

As you may or may not know, the title for ep 8 has been announced as "The Last Jedi".

not necessarily.. jedi is both a plural and singular term... though as he IS the most prominent jedi in a galaxy far far away it stnds to reason that he is the eponymous 'last' jedi. however... if luke skywalker dies, i shall become more powerful than you can possiby imagine. ;):)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

not necessarily.. jedi is both a plural and singular term... though as he IS the most prominent jedi in a galaxy far far away it stnds to reason that he is the eponymous 'last' jedi. however... if luke skywalker dies, i shall become more powerful than you can possiby imagine. ;):)

I think you're onto something. I think Luke will die, but I think the group of Jedi (flock of Jedi? Murder of Jedi?) remaining will be known as the Last Jedi.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

I think you're onto something. I think Luke will die, but I think the group of Jedi (flock of Jedi? Murder of Jedi?) remaining will be known as the Last Jedi.
    i dont think luke will die.. though i could be wrong... unless of course weve wholly entered the game of throne theory of storytelling. it is obvious due to carrie fishers recent passing that leia will have to die... and i will weep at her passing as i have been for the past 4 weeks for carrie fisher. this i see as happening off camera sometime between episode 8 & 9. as an original child of starwars i can not conceive of a situation that has han solo, leia AND luke dead. i prefer to think that luke knowing that the time of the jedi has passed will fade in obscurity. and yes my bias is entirely influenced by the fact that i have lived with these people for 40 years. NO ONE has been a part of my life so vividly as the skywalkers, han solo and the characters of the starwars universe and with carrie fishers passing i feel so deeply that something has irrevocably changed.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    If he dies I am going to burst into tears in the cinema.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

lol. all it takes for me to "burst into tears' is the starwars theme.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I would think that Luke would fade away, just like Yoda, in episode 9.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

actually yoda 'faded' away in ep 6

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

actually yoda 'faded' away in ep 6

I know that. I'm saying Luke will fade away in 9.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I wonder if they will come forward with Jedi cloning?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Luke will train Rey, and someone else probably..i think he lives.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

You will be the ONE!
  • Options

haha same. I get quite emotional. Goosebumps stuff.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

i do not think luke wll train anyone else... always two there is. ;) the master and the apprentice. :) luke does train rey though she cant be beome a jedi in the spaceof one movie. but then mayhaps she is killed in a battle with ben... then he and luke get into it and luke ends up defeating his nephew... thus becoming the last jedi.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

haha same. I get quite emotional. Goosebumps stuff.
    its my 12 year old self remembering that day back in 1977 when my father allowed us a day off school to see it. it was the least dubious movie choice he made for us kids in the 70s... we saw a lot of films totally unsuitable for kids... but i am so thankful that he shared his love of movies with us. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

i do not think luke wll train anyone else... always two there is. ;) the master and the apprentice. :) luke does train rey though she cant be beome a jedi in the spaceof one movie. but then mayhaps she is killed in a battle with ben... then he and luke get into it and luke ends up defeating his nephew... thus becoming the last jedi.

What about Snoke?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

Wasn't he a Jedi at some point just like Kylo?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

i would not class kylo ren as a jedi.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?
    Definitely not.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

That's fine. I was just going on what you said about Luke killing Kylo and then becoming the last Jedi.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    edited January 2017
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

That's fine. I was just going on what you said about Luke killing Kylo and then becoming the last Jedi.
    tbh the other night i was typing under the influence...at this juncture, luke IS the last jedi.. and snopes is simply force sensitive.. as for kylo, hes just ike his grandfather, though probably not as whiny as young anakin, but determined like his mother. its a shame we wont get to see some sort of reconciliation between them ala luke/vader.

Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

tbh the other night i was typing under the influence...at this juncture, luke IS the last jedi.. and snopes is simply force sensitive.. as for kylo, hes just ike his grandfather, though probably not as whiny as young anakin, but determined like his mother. its a shame we wont get to see some sort of reconciliation between them ala luke/vader.

You never know, that could be in this one!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Awesome.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Wma31394 said:

What about Snoke?
    what about him?

You never know, that could be in this one!
    i will never forgive ben for killing his father...but then again he's not my son. lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383