Options

Yo

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
edited January 2017 in A Moving Train
Hi all...
I've only recently started coming to AMT, but have been active on the board for some time & wanted to say on simple thing. While I may disagree with a lot of the posts, I wish you all the best. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and no matter how much I disagree with those opinions....it doesn't take away that right. I was pissed off earlier today & my wife said something to me that hit me.."do not let one person or event affect the outcome of your day." Simple? You bet. Did I know this already? Sure. But when she said it, it resonated.

I did not vote for him. I sincerely hope he doesn't screw up our country. However, I will continue to do my best to respect all opinions; whether I agree or not. I will also continue to fight for what I believe in and stand up for those whose voices have been silenced. That's how I was raised.

I think I may be typing this out on an online forum to cement these thoughts in my tired mind.

Let's just try to take care of each other...the country...the WORLD...regardless of any biases we may have. We have one shot at this life...that's it. I plan to do my part to make the world a little bit better than when I first said hello to it.

Be well...and sorry for rambling a bit. I'm from Texas...that's what we do.

I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by mfc2006 on

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    This is reminiscent of the "I need to vent" thread.
    Locked soon.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Nah. I think mfc is good here with it being more of an introduction as opposed to starting a new thread to state what could be said in various others.

He's a good dude and there's never too few of good people anywhere.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Agreed. Great thoughts that we should all consider.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    The OP disagrees w/ a lot of the posts on AMT?
    Well tell us fella.
  • Options

^^^
    This is reminiscent of the "I need to vent" thread.
    Locked soon.

Just saying hi. Not trying to stir any pots....all the pots are being stirred on their own.

It actually took me awhile to write that post. Just wanted to put something positive out there. Sorry you took it the wrong way.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    No doubt great thoughts !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited January 2017

The OP disagrees w/ a lot of the posts on AMT?
    Well tell us fella.

I said..... "while I may disagree with a lot of the posts, I wish you all the best."

And when I said "a lot of the posts" I meant the pro-Trump posts. That's my right. And it's your right to support him, which leads me back to the point of my original post. That's all.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I love how a friendly introduction with some wise words can't even catch a break here.

A microcosm of America right now.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,682
    You sound like a full blown Portlander now! (that's a good thing)
  • Options

I love how a friendly introduction with some wise words can't even catch a break here.

OP has 27000 posts plus and decides to weigh in on AMT w/ a friendly introduction thread?

• Options
    Yup. Why is that a problem? He's new to posting in this sub-forum. He's very active elsewhere, but he's mostly new here. I'm sure it's hard to believe but some members never come to the Train to post and I think you inadvertently showcased very well why they don't.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,682
    PJfan is a full blown troll. You can't reply, no matter how hard s/he tries.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,568
    edited January 2017

Yup. Why is that a problem? He's new to posting in this sub-forum. He's very active elsewhere, but he's mostly new here. I'm sure it's hard to believe but some members never come to the Train to post and I think you inadvertently showcased very well why they don't.

The OP had nothing but good intentions and made his point clear. I for one applaud his effort.
    Unfortunately there has to be someone who wants to bring him down. I believe they are often referred to as a troll.
  • Options

OP has 27000 posts plus and decides to weigh in on AMT w/ a friendly introduction thread?

Yup. I've been here for awhile, but stayed away from the AMT posts. I've posted a little here in the last few weeks or so & thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Matt & it's nice to meet you all.

I could cuss up and down and make others feel worse about their politics and/or beliefs, but I know that won't get anyone anywhere.

If you don't like my introduction, that's fine. That's your choice. I meant no harm at all. A lot of people know me on the board and I do my best to get along with everyone I meet.

I think it's a little strange that I even have to justify my post, but I decided to do it anyway. If you don't like that, that's too bad. I did it anyway.

Be well, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Yup. I've been here for awhile, but stayed away from the AMT posts. I've posted a little here in the last few weeks or so & thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Matt & it's nice to meet you all.

I could cuss up and down and make others feel worse about their politics and/or beliefs, but I know that won't get anyone anywhere.

If you don't like my introduction, that's fine. That's your choice. I meant no harm at all. A lot of people know me on the board and I do my best to get along with everyone I meet.

I think it's a little strange that I even have to justify my post, but I decided to do it anyway. If you don't like that, that's too bad. I did it anyway.

Be well, all.
    Your post was fine as it was. You didn't need to justify it.

These days are almost surreal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    jeffbr said:

Agreed. Great thoughts that we should all consider.

Yup. And to what you said as well, Thirty.

I've been reading some threads here from the sidelines, avoiding others altogether.

I truly appreciate those who leave the door - and, with it, the mind - open...for discourse, for genuine consideration even if ultimately disagreeing with the other view, for maybe coming away from this shitshow with some sense of understanding another in the tiniest or even maybe best of ways.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Well said mfc2006 :) I like when people speak from their heart.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    mfc2006 said:

Hi all...
    I've only recently started coming to AMT, but have been active on the board for some time & wanted to say on simple thing. While I may disagree with a lot of the posts, I wish you all the best. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and no matter how much I disagree with those opinions....it doesn't take away that right. I was pissed off earlier today & my wife said something to me that hit me.."do not let one person or event affect the outcome of your day." Simple? You bet. Did I know this already? Sure. But when she said it, it resonated.

I did not vote for him. I sincerely hope he doesn't screw up our country. However, I will continue to do my best to respect all opinions; whether I agree or not. I will also continue to fight for what I believe in and stand up for those whose voices have been silenced. That's how I was raised.

I think I may be typing this out on an online forum to cement these thoughts in my tired mind.

Let's just try to take care of each other...the country...the WORLD...regardless of any biases we may have. We have one shot at this life...that's it. I plan to do my part to make the world a little bit better than when I first said hello to it.

You say YO and I'll say OY. HELLO Matt it's so Kool and refreshing how you spoke and why you are here. WELCOME, and please try to ignore those who try to irritate it's a waste of precious time. If I can make it through the many war protests earlier in this millineum that didn't seem to change a thing we can hopefully make it through whatever these next four years will bring. I used to get bent out of shape all things political NOT ANY MORE..... Life's too short please join the fray the following years will be of much intrigue.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Great post @mfc2006
    just ignore the shit stirring troll
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    MTV Raps!
  • Options

MTV Raps!

Haha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Mind your own business, stay under your bridge, and this sort of thing won't bother you.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Great post @mfc2006
    just ignore the shit stirring troll

I complete agree.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    mfc2006 said:

Hi all...

welcome, matt. one piece of advice.....this place can get under your skin. it can be incredibly enlightening at the same as time as incredibly frustrating. if you find yourself getting bothered by this place even when you aren't on here, time to take a break. I have had to take a few sabbaticals from AMT for my own sanity.

look at the posts of @benjs for a great example of how someone should post here. eloquent, intelligent, zero hyperbole or sarcasm and never a bad word to say about another poster. I try to channel him whenever I feel myself getting a little hot under the collar. not always easy.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

mfc2006 said:

Hi all...

welcome, matt. one piece of advice.....this place can get under your skin. it can be incredibly enlightening at the same as time as incredibly frustrating. if you find yourself getting bothered by this place even when you aren't on here, time to take a break. I have had to take a few sabbaticals from AMT for my own sanity.

look at the posts of @benjs for a great example of how someone should post here. eloquent, intelligent, zero hyperbole or sarcasm and never a bad word to say about another poster. I try to channel him whenever I feel myself getting a little hot under the collar. not always easy.
    Agree on all fronts. Especially your great mention of @benjs. That guy is top notch.
  • Options
    thanks, Hugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i disappear for a few months and stop by to see see the same shit going on here.

a person stops in just to say hi, immediately gets crapped on.

welcome aboard mfc2006.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

i disappear for a few months and stop by to see see the same shit going on here.

a person stops in just to say hi, immediately gets crapped on.

welcome aboard mfc2006.

Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    This reminds me of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy... except not funny. Just kidding. I'm feeling this sentiment by mfc2006. Peace :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville