Options

Push Me, Pull Me - Sea Tac PJ Poster Exhibit Question

FaithfulOneFaithfulOne Bend, Oregon Posts: 49
edited January 2017 in The Porch
SeaTac PJ Poster exhibit -- I was curious if anyone knew how they made or hung these posters? What technique did they use? The posters are not framed, it appears that they are clear coated to wood? Do you think they are actual original posters or reprinted on wood?
I love the exhibit! Its a modern way to showcase posters. I much prefer this design than a wall of individually framed posters. I would like to do something similar to this at my house... put up a fence/barn wood wall and display my PJ posters on it. I am just not sure how they did it... I welcome anyones help. Thanks!

Here are links to close up photos of the poster exhibit:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/davidburrusdds/media/IMG_7935_zpsnld0s0vm.jpg.html?o=2
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/davidburrusdds/media/IMG_7940_zps9fdmun2f.jpg.html?o=0
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/davidburrusdds/media/IMG_7938_zpswvxldvlf.jpg.html?o=1
Post edited by FaithfulOne on

Comments

• Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    I really liked this display style as well. I don't plan to resell any of my prints so I am not concerned about a permanent mount. I also like that it appears to seal the front on the print. I wondered if this also had a UV protection element to it as I get UV art glass for my posters so they don't fade.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 198
    edited January 2017
    It's called plaque mounting. They adhere the poster (or photo, artwork, etc) to a mdf board and then coat it with a protective layer and foil the edges. I used to do this for some photography I was selling and they're pretty durable. You can choose different depths of mdf and different colors for the edges to customize your piece. I don't have a recommendation of where to get it done but if you google "placque mounting", you should find lots of sites. Definitely makes for a clean look!
    Post edited by apkirkland on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    I love the exhibit too. Visited it last November when I was in town for Temple of the Dog. Just a few weeks after Pearl Jam's Seattle '13 show which I did, they put up the display. I can't remember now but this year they will be taking down the exhibit. Not 100% sure.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466
    demetrios said:

I love the exhibit too. Visited it last November when I was in town for Temple of the Dog. Just a few weeks after Pearl Jam's Seattle '13 show which I did, they put up the display. I can't remember now but this year they will be taking down the exhibit. Not 100% sure.

I thought it only went up in May of 2015... has it really been on display since 2013?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    on2legs said:

demetrios said:

I thought it only went up in May of 2015... has it really been on display since 2013?
    Definitely only since 2015. I was in Seattle the week they were putting it up and then was able to catch it on my flight out
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

on2legs said:

demetrios said:

Definitely only since 2015. I was in Seattle the week they were putting it up and then was able to catch it on my flight out
    Ah shit my bad. It was the Sub Pop store that was opening up day's after I left Seattle back in 2013. The Push Me, Pull Me Exhibit opened May 27th 2015. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244699/push-me-pull-me-poster-exhibit-this-week-is-your-last-chance-to-win-a-signed-pearl-jam-poster

"This exhibit will run for a minimum of 2 years and possibly longer. If you are traveling through Seattle take a walk by Terminal A1 to check it out."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    Is this really still up? Aaarrgghh. I was stuck in SeaTac for 9 hours last month due to snow. I could have gone to see it but I assumed it was already down. (I could have seen the whole darn airport in that time. I did spent almost an hour in the SubPop store, though)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    AS1487AS1487 Posts: 13
    The exhibit has been taken down.
  • Options
    AS1487 said:

What the deuce it's been taken down? With no update / heads up that it'll be taken down?

• Options
    AS1487 said:

Thats why my friend didn't see it when she flew from Seattle. Atleast she got me a Subpop-cup as a christmas present :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"