Options

Seattle night 2

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
So the crowd tonight brought it harder than the night 1 crowd! Nobody sat the entire time. A similar set list, but a completely different show in its own way. I'm very impressed at what the guys can do, especially with songs that haven't been played live in 25 years. It was an honor to see them.

There were two people in front of me that kept going in and out. Getting in people's way. They were on drugs no doubt. By the end of the show the man was doing moves that you only see in lost video tapes from the 1960s of people on LSD at a hippie festival. He made me laugh, even though he was annoying. Ha!

Comments

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    Sorry if I offended you with my dance moves. No hard drugs involved. Just a high grade of medical marijuana and a tiny bladder.
    Hahahaha!

On a serious note, I saw them in LA and feel the same way. An honor to witness such fine musicianship.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited November 2016
    riley540 said:

So the crowd tonight brought it harder than the night 1 crowd! Nobody sat the entire time. A similar set list, but a completely different show in its own way. I'm very impressed at what the guys can do, especially with songs that haven't been played live in 25 years. It was an honor to see them.

There were two people in front of me that kept going in and out. Getting in people's way. They were on drugs no doubt. By the end of the show the man was doing moves that you only see in lost video tapes from the 1960s of people on LSD at a hippie festival. He made me laugh, even though he was annoying. Ha!

Need more people like that at shows..as long as they were respectful when on the move..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Totally agree Riley. Second show was way more energetic. No one sat, even for the slow songs. Night one, people around me sat on half the songs, including the fast ones.
    Is it me or does Cornell need to cover more Black Sabbath/Ozzy? Holy shit his voice works great on War Pigs...and I am not even a big Sabbath fan. Definitely highlight of shows for me. The whole band nailed their parts.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    I guess I didn't notice the sitting on night one. I was towards the back of the floor. The only time I saw people sitting was to take a short break from standing during encore breaks.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Last night was off the chain. Can't speak for the crowd as a whole as it was all behind me thanks to an amazing last minute 10C seat upgrade that got me into the VIP orchestra seating. I do think there was more energy and the band seemed more relaxed/comfortable. When Mike signed my ticket he said that he liked night 2 more as it seemed more intimate/closer.
    All I can say is I wouldn't give up a second of either night and feel truly blessed I was able to experience it.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Yah, I thoroughly enjoyed night 1. Was a bit bummed I couldn't score tix to night 2, but considering how tough it was to get tickets, I still feel pretty lucky to have at least attended one of the shows. Never thought I'd get to see Temple of the Dog :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

Yah, I thoroughly enjoyed night 1. Was a bit bummed I couldn't score tix to night 2, but considering how tough it was to get tickets, I still feel pretty lucky to have at least attended one of the shows. Never thought I'd get to see Temple of the Dog :)

Both nights were something special. Just a more active balcony crowd on night 2. I was mezz 1 first night and mezz 3 second night. I stood in awe the entire show.
  • Options
    riley540 said:

Zod said:

Both nights were something special. Just a more active balcony crowd on night 2. I was mezz 1 first night and mezz 3 second night. I stood in awe the entire show.
    That explains it. I was at the back of the floor (under the balcony), so all I saw the entire time was the entire floor rocking out and standing. Couldn't see or get a vibe for the balcony. Maybe it was better that way :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

riley540 said:

Zod said:

That explains it. I was at the back of the floor (under the balcony), so all I saw the entire time was the entire floor rocking out and standing. Couldn't see or get a vibe for the balcony. Maybe it was better that way :)
    Zod said:

riley540 said:

Zod said:

It's crazy how desperate the floor and balcony is! I couldn't see hardly any of the floor. It was like a whole different crowd down there!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    2nd MEZ was okay night one...most of the people in my row left halfway through, so I had room to move around.

Night 2 in the Orchestra pit was un-fucking-believable...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    RKCNDY said:

2nd MEZ was okay night one...most of the people in my row left halfway through, so I had room to move around.

Night 2 in the Orchestra pit was un-fucking-believable...

:plus_one:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ain't nuttin wrong with some acid...that's all i'm saying ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVDDD9bScPk
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

ain't nuttin wrong with some acid...that's all i'm saying ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVDDD9bScPk

Uh huh, sure!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Not to put a damper on things, but a lot of people in the dress circle were sitting on night 2. Not the whole time, but I'd say a good 2/3rds, save for a few folk here & there. (I was behind them in mezz 1.) Funny thing before the show started - a lady behind me was on the phone, raving about her awesome ticket & sightline to someone, & then said, "I hope nobody stands up." I had a throat lozenge in my mouth & nearly began choking on it. :lol:
  • Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    edited November 2016
    The show was amazing. The energy was insane. I danced my ass off, sang at the top of my lungs, and didn't give any fucks! I was in Mezz 1 and there were a few people sitting, but most were having just as good of a time as I was. An incredible night, and I am beyond grateful I got to attend!!!
    Post edited by WashmyLUV on
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Definitely the show of the year for Seattle! I wanted to go both nights, but having to buy tickets from a scalper left me with having to be selective. I knew the second night would be the one to choose seeing as how it was the final night of the tour. I had awesome seats, fourth row on Stone's side. I was literally blown away all night, and loved seeing Mike throw his guitar across the stage.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016